The Official Jimmy Olsen Casting & Discussion Thread

It'd be post-op. Jimmy's a crossdresser, makes sense.

Maybe one of the several Jimmy crossdressing stories is the only story Goyer and Snyder read with him and they were fooled.

But Alison Pill as Jenny Olsen or just make it Jimmy dang it!

Or keep Jenny. Whatever.
Well, I was going for Jenny being a man trapped in a woman's body, and becomes Jimmy.

Maybe they're setting up a wacky adventure of Jimmy starting out as a female and being turned into male and possibly almost marrying a gorilla.

Or it all has something to do with the Superman case against the Siegels and Shusters.

Guys, wouldn't it be easier to believe that if Jimmy Olsen was in ANY WAY in this film that they would have announced it already? I mean, sex change or not (which I believe isn't even possible), they would have said something about it since the character is a comic book character.

I just assumed he wasn't in the film.

This news about Jenny just makes wonder if she's his replacement (as in no Jimmy ever) or some relative of his (and maybe he'll show up in possible sequels).

I'm thinking it's the latter since I see no reason why his character would need to be replaced.

I think Jenny might be his sister, and the reason why Jimmy gets a job at the Planet...

you cant be serious:huh:

he is one of the best young actors going today you must not watch many of his movies:doh:
I've seen him in Little Miss Sunshine, There Will Be Blood, Taking Woodstock, Gigantic, The Extra Man, Cowboys & Aliens, Ruby Sparks and Looper, and I don't like his acting either. He's theatrical to the point of overacting, imo. He was the one thing I felt was a bit of a weak spot in There Will Be Blood (something I consider to be an otherwise perfect movie), because I could feel him trying to reach DDL's level...and failing. Hardly a sin considering this is DDL we're talking about, so I wouldn't have held it against him if I liked him in any other movie, but I really haven't. I'd say the best performance I've seen from him was Little Miss Sunshine, but I attribute that to the fact that he didn't speak for most of the movie.

I've seen him in Little Miss Sunshine, There Will Be Blood, Taking Woodstock, Gigantic, The Extra Man, Cowboys & Aliens, Ruby Sparks and Looper, and I don't like his acting either. He's theatrical to the point of overacting, imo. He was the one thing I felt was a bit of a weak spot in There Will Be Blood (something I consider to be an otherwise perfect movie), because I could feel him trying to reach DDL's level...and failing. Hardly a sin considering this is DDL we're talking about, so I wouldn't have held it against him if I liked him in any other movie, but I really haven't. I'd say the best performance I've seen from him was Little Miss Sunshine, but I attribute that to the fact that he didn't speak for most of the movie.
Right. He basically ruins every scene he's in because he overacts like a high school nerd who wants to be a theater major. He's the opposite of charming as well. A complete goof.

I never really cared for Jimmy Olsen as a character. He's like a depowered Spiderman. Jamie or Jenny Olsen could be a good thing. More women around Superman lol

scan0069.jpg

:)
:applaud:applaud:applaud

So I guess the new dynamic at the Daily Planet will be between Perry White, Lois Lane, Clark Kent, and Jenny Olsen. Actually wasn't someone cast as Steve Lombard too?

Well if he happens to be a boy, the brother of Jenny in the next film, I think Eddie Redmayne would be an awesome Jimmy, if he can do an American accent, or a New York accent which is more Jimmy anyway

It would be kind of pointless to have two Olsen photographers

So I guess the new dynamic at the Daily Planet will be between Perry White, Lois Lane, Clark Kent, and Jenny Olsen. Actually wasn't someone cast as Steve Lombard too?

Michael Kelly apparently. I've seen a few mentions of him being spotted on set, but he was never announced.

So what ae they going to do about Cat Grant?
Give us Cary Grant?

Dare I say I half-buy this rumor...

But why replace Superman's Pal with a women? More ethnicities represented perhaps. Is she Indian?
As a member of the DP ensemble, Jimmy (or “Jenny”) is fine. But the role of, literally, “Superman’s Pal” was always problematic. ;)

If this women's IMDB said she was playing 'Jenny Olsen' before the trailer hit, and then the trailer came out and there she is running with Perry with a press lanyard on her then it would seem to confirm it.

It's going to be weird when we get the Daily Planet introductions. I mean not most, but alot of general people are familiar with Perry White and Jimmy Olsen just from the previous movies. It's going to be weird when they introduce Perry and everyone will be like 'ok he's black now, that's cool, Lawrence Fisbourne is cool', and then 'hey this is Jenny Olsen' people will be like 'wait what'.

Maybe Goyer has a really cool new different take on the character... I don't know. I'm not super-attached to Jimmy. I mean I love the character when Jack Kirby and Grant Morrison wrote him. I guess it'll be different. We'll see. Could just be IMDB falsification.

If the Jenny thing pans out, then its just another tidbit on the long list that lowers my expectations for this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"