The Official Kingdom Hearts Thread

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Kingdom Hearts III ‘Memory Archive’ English summary movies
Published 16 hours ago. 24 comments.
Departures, Memories, Twilight, Dawn, and Darkness.

Kingdom-Hearts-Memory-Archive_01-27-19.jpg

Following their Japanese release in August 2018, Square Enix has released the official “Memory Archive” story summary movies for Kingdom Hearts III in English.

Kingdom Hearts III launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25 in Japan and Asia, and is due out on January 29 in North America and Europe.

Watch the videos below.

Episode 1: Departures

Episode 2: Memories

Episode 3: Twilight

My copy from Amazon shipped this morning. The wait is almost over, after 13 years. My body is ready.

so will there be some kind of "story so far" recap in the game.

I just picked up KH3 for Xbox. I've never played any of the prior KH games ( which aren't available on Xbox anyways ) nor do I have the time and inclination to play those games.

as a tool noob to the story, will I be totally lost when I start KH3?

I haven't picked this up yet and have no plans to in the near future, but I heard that there are
only 8 Disney worlds in this, which I find to be kind of disappointing. I would have hoped they'd go back to some fan favorite worlds from the first two like Halloween Town or Agrabah, not to mention worlds from movies like The Incredibles or Zootopia.
Can't have 'em all, I guess.

so will there be some kind of "story so far" recap in the game.

I just picked up KH3 for Xbox. I've never played any of the prior KH games ( which aren't available on Xbox anyways ) nor do I have the time and inclination to play those games.

as a tool noob to the story, will I be totally lost when I start KH3?

Given that there are so many games in the series that are all connected (not just 1 & 2), I'd say almost certainly. Hell, I'm sure I'd be lost and I beat the first game and played about 75% of the second one.

I haven't picked this up yet and have no plans to in the near future, but I heard that there are
only 8 Disney worlds in this, which I find to be kind of disappointing. I would have hoped they'd go back to some fan favorite worlds from the first two like Halloween Town or Agrabah, not to mention worlds from movies like The Incredibles or Zootopia.
Can't have 'em all, I guess.

Given that there are so many games in the series that are all connected (not just 1 & 2), I'd say almost certainly. Hell, I'm sure I'd be lost and I beat the first game and played about 75% of the second one.

I hope there's a recap......lol.

hqdefault.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 3 Review! - Electric Playground

287 views 1 hour ago Published 02/02/2019
#PlayForever #KingdomHearts3 #review Official EPN Merch is available at EPN.tv/Merch Victor Lucas is joined by his pal Johnny Millenium, aka the Happy Console Gamer, to review the massive new Square Enix and Disney collaboration Kingdom Hearts 3!

Here's the full show below

hqdefault.jpg

Electric Playground Live! - Working with VFS, Kingdom Hearts 3 - Feb 1, 2019

1.1K views 9 hours ago Published on 02/02/2019
#PlayForever #ElectricPlayground #VFS Official EPN Merch is available at EPN.tv/Merch Welcome to EP Live, where we bring you the latest in everything cool! Today is the first episode from our new studio space at the Vancouver Film School cafe at 390 West Hastings St in Vancouver! Today we'll be discussing the move to the new space and how we're working with VFS, taking a look at the latest news in the Rundown, speaking to some future game jam developers, reviewing Kingdom Hearts 3, and more! Come watch the show in person! Join us at the VFS Cafe at 390 West Hastings St in Vancouver. Doors are open to all!

Also with

hqdefault.jpg

Kingdom Hearts III - Easy Allies Review
55K views1 day ago Published on 31 Jan 2019 Subtitles

Kingdom Hearts III serves as the culmination of the entire series thanks to its engaging combat, wonderful Disney worlds, and strong resolution. Written by Bradley Ellis Video Edited by Don Casanova Reviewed on PlayStation 4 Pro Available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

hqdefault.jpg

Easy Allies New Studio Tour
42K views 3 days ago
Published on 29 Jan 2019

Here's the full tour of our brand new studio space. Thank you to all our patrons and viewers for making this day possible.

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN & Easy Allies

Hoo boy. If you thought KH2's story was a doozy. :funny:

Man, I'd hate playing this game if I never played the others, LOL! You really need to know the lore on this one.

I have logged like 10hrs into the game. I got through the first couple worlds, but still the game is young.

Man, I'd hate playing this game if I never played the others, LOL! You really need to know the lore on this one.

I have logged like 10hrs into the game. I got through the first couple worlds, but still the game is young.
I remember that I said you just need Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance to follow what was going on and boy I was SO WRONG. Union X, 365/2 Days, and 2.8 are part of the narrative too and none of it is superfluous.

I never played Union X or 365/2 Days. But I think I know enough about them to get by

I never played Union X or 365/2 Days. But I think I know enough about them to get by
So for those who have played the game, I heard

there are no FF characters in this game.

Is this true?

Was the dialogue in the first two games always this stilted?

Yes to both of your questions.
Yep it tells me how long it's been since I've played one of these games. :funny:

I don't quite understand the missing Final Fantasy crossovers. They couldn't get anyone from XV or Cloud and Squall again to do a cameo. Ansem and his beautiful anime boys could have let them get a cameo in. Also I don't like how the New Princesses of Heart are never finished. I wonder who the other ones are *cough*Moana*cough*.

Yep it tells me how long it's been since I've played one of these games. :funny:

I don't quite understand the missing Final Fantasy crossovers. They couldn't get anyone from XV or Cloud and Squall again to do a cameo. Ansem and his beautiful anime boys could have let them get a cameo in. Also I don't like how the New Princesses of Heart are never finished. I wonder who the other ones are *cough*Moana*cough*.

There was a lot of things they should/could have done, but didn't.

Honestly...this game was a let down to me. Too many missed opportunities and half-assed follow throughs.

They were working on this game for how long? And still couldn't give me a satisfying experience? They dropped the ball pretty hard.

There was a lot of things they should/could have done, but didn't.

Honestly...this game was a let down to me. Too many missed opportunities and half-assed follow throughs.

They were working on this game for how long? And still couldn't give me a satisfying experience? They dropped the ball pretty hard.
My theory is elements of Dream Drop Distance (like it was the original plot for this game, but became a bridge game) was meant to be apart of the story of this game and they clearly tried to force tie most of the loose ends they created with the various spinoff and prequel games.

Like why did Roxas, Xion, Namine, etc. have to be brought back for no other reason than fanservice?

My theory is elements of Dream Drop Distance (like it was the original plot for this game, but became a bridge game) was meant to be apart of the story of this game and they clearly tried to force tie most of the loose ends they created with the various spinoff and prequel games.

Like why did Roxas, Xion, Namine, etc. have to be brought back for no other reason than fanservice?

I would believe that. Honestly, DDD advanced the overall plot wayyyy more than this main entry game did. This was like DDD 1.5.

My biggest issues were
Sora never getting named as a master, and Kairi YET AGAIN being relegated to a damsel in distress. What was the ****ing point of giving her a keyblade, if she never even used it?

Those are the 2 biggest...amongst many issues.

I would believe that. Honestly, DDD advanced the overall plot wayyyy more than this main entry game did. This was like DDD 1.5.

My biggest issues were
Sora never getting named as a master, and Kairi YET AGAIN being relegated to a damsel in distress. What was the ****ing point of giving her a keyblade, if she never even used it?

Those are the 2 biggest...amongst many issues.
I hate the worlds so much. They're mostly long hallways.

Currently, I am nearly done with the Pirates level.

I hate the worlds so much. They're mostly long hallways.
Plus, the Disney worlds served no purpose to the plot. KH1, we were locking the keyholes. KH2, we were chasing the Organization from world to world, who were causing problems on the worlds looking for hearts. KH3 we were...uh...looking for the power of waking? I think? They were just hopping from world to world because at this point, it's what was expected of the franchise.

You know even if I find faults, like the game is too easy, or I miss certain characters, I can’t hate this game. Kingdom Hearts has been big in my life at various points. The original was basically the second RPG I ever played (first action rpg), and I got it because I had heard the FFX characters appeared, and I had just finished FFX. I loved the game.
Meanwhile KH2 came about during my senior year of high school. The same year I’d meet the woman that I’d eventually marry. Fast forward, I’m now married, with kids, and showing them KH3 as I play through it. It feels like it’s been a wild ride.

Plus, the Disney worlds served no purpose to the plot. KH1, we were locking the keyholes. KH2, we were chasing the Organization from world to world, who were causing problems on the worlds looking for hearts. KH3 we were...uh...looking for the power of waking? I think? They were just hopping from world to world because at this point, it's what was expected of the franchise.
I was very confused about what the heck we were doing in the Disney worlds too. I thought the Seven New Hearts had something to do with it, but... Nope. And Organization XIII only did the confusing taunting about darkness, darkness, light, light, balance, balance, HEARTS! and create the obligatory boss of each world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"