the official late night with conan o'brien thread

Originally posted by MST3K 4ever
I usually catch him on Comedy Central...and he does a good job at interjecting humor during his interviews...on the very bright side...he is losing some of his competition...Craig Kilborn has announced that he is leaving the late,late show.
HUZZAH!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

by Lia Haberman
Aug 13, 2004, 10:00 AM PT

Night owls have lost one of their own.

Late Late Show host Craig Kilborn gave notice Thursday after five successful seasons on the CBS talker.

The network had purportedly been in talks with the sardonic talk-show yakker this summer about extending his contract, but Kilborn has apparently decided to shift to a career behind the scenes.

"It was easily the greatest job I've ever had, and CBS was very generous in their offer to re-sign me," Kilborn told Variety. "But I simply want to try something new. I can now focus on writing and producing different television projects I haven't had time for.

"And this is cool: I will continue to wear makeup in my everyday life."

Sources say he's expected to take his final bow at the end of this month or early next month, sending CBS and the show's production team, David Letterman's Worldwide Pants, scrambling for a replacement.

The first name suggested to fill the empty chair by Industry watchers is Conan O'Brien, NBC's Late Night host whose deal with the Peacock expires in December 2005. While NBC hopes to keep O'Brien at its Rockefeller Plaza studio, the self-deprecating funnyguy has been open about his desire to switch to shift time slots

But it's hardly a done deal. O'Brien is likely to look for some type of guarantee that he'd be groomed to take over Letterman's spot when the Late Show host steps down, which isn't due to happen anytime soon. And since O'Brien has another year on his contract, CBS would be forced to make do with guest hosts until the redhead could come aboard.

Meanwhile, Kilborn leaves his post on a high note. The show's audience has grown 34 percent since he took over in 1999, averaging 1.7 million viewers this season. He's also regularly trounced time-slot competitor Jimmy Kimmel Live, though O'Brien remains the 12:35 a.m. leader.

No word yet on what specifically Kilborn will be doing after next month. The original host of Comedy Central's Daily Show, he got his big break in the early '90s on ESPN's Sports Center. Since then Kilborn's also dabbled in feature films with a role in last year's Old School. He'll also appear in the upcoming Wes Craven werewolf thriller Cursed.

--------------------------------

His show was good but when you're up against a quality show like Late Night it'll be tough. Very surprised to see him go just after five seasons. Now the question is who will replace Kilborn? Viacom owns CBS and Comedy Central so could they have Jon Stewart replace Kilborn once again? Bringing Conan over ala Letterman and have him wait in the shadows until Dave is ready to leave would be something. If Conan stays it'll be hard, maybe even impossible to compete with Consie.

I wasn't able to see the whole show last night thanks to those jackasses from the local news interrupting every 10 minutes to give their updates on that damn hurricane. Bastards. I guess I'll just catch it again tonight on Comedy Central if I get the chance.

hahah that was hiliarious.

"Its P.A for Patakin Approved," that one had me on the floor

Conan: Wow she said that?

Jensen: Yes(pulls out knife) so I said bedazzle this *****

hahahaha

"It's like you pooped it and never scooped it!" Lets hope there are some more dvd's on the way. ;)

then make a new thread this is conan's thread

Abe Vigoda's cameo was ****ing awesome.

"And which button calls your parents for a ride home?" cracks me up every time.

Holy crap,he just wasted TWO minutes of our time!:eek:

Darrell Hammond may rehash his material but he always has some new stuff that's gold. Could that Open Water actress have whiter teeth?

Conan should tour in tight jeans with no shirt.

I can't believe it. I fell asleep.:( Damn you Olympics, putting it on an hour later.:mad: What did They Might Be Giants play?

Originally posted by bmfunny
I can't believe it. I fell asleep.:( Damn you Olympics, putting it on an hour later.:mad: What did They Might Be Giants play?

Its the last Conan for two weeks? I made the effort to stay up just because of that. They played a new tune. Catch it on Comedy Central.

Originally posted by bmfunny
I didn't dare to stay up 4 dat

I was gonna ask u what they performed:(

Well I was trying to stay up so badly. Leno put me to sleep.:mad: I blame him.

I finally saw They Might Be Giants on Conzie. AND THEY PLAYED EXPERIMENTAL FILM!:D They rocked so hard. I was grinning from ear to ear!

This thread is the best ever. All my freinds and i ever talk about is the conan.I've got a couple of favorite moments that come right to mind.First is John McCain secrets:

"One time before i went into the senate i spilled coffe on my shirt, everybody called me McStain.When they got out of the hospitial they called me McPain."

The 1800's baseball sketch was also one of his best ever " You should dig a trench so the ball will go where your throwing it."His damn mustache in that thing is the funniest thing i have ever seen.

Wait a sec. Leno was on last night? I thought his show and Conan wasn't on the air yesterday due to the olympics.... was it on afterwards?

my favorite part was when conan had harrison ford look into the camera and look all intimidating while conan plays clown music. funny stuff. and the olympics suck......damn greeks....:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"