The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

33ytjd1.jpg

I honestly can't see them cancelling Conan before they cancel Leno. That would be just wrong!

Typical NBC. Never learns from their mistakes. They're turning Conan into Letterman 2.0.

no....this is ABCs chance...offer Conan whatever he wants and kick that assclown Kimmel out

Too bad Conan isn't enough of a dick (like Leno) to just have his show be an hour of him just cursing out NBC and Leno.

Steven Colbert reacts to Conan's possible departure:

2d003zo.jpg

Wow what a waste of everyones time.

NBC should have just kept everything like before if they were going to chicken out.

if Leno had any dignity or respect for Conan, he would step away on his own

Too bad Conan isn't enough of a dick (like Leno) to just have his show be an hour of him just cursing out NBC and Leno.

Leno is a class-less *******. The notion of stepping aside gracefully was lost on him. He is notorious for being a jerk who will step on anyone to get on top and he's just added someone else to his list of victims.

Meanwhile, David Letterman shows of a goofy grin upon reading this news.

you'd think Leno would see this coming, considering how he got The Tonight Show in the first place

ABC has tried to dump Kimmel for a long time, back in 2005 when they went after Letterman and again last year before Leno remained on NBC.

Leno is a class-less *******. The notion of stepping aside gracefully was lost on him. He is notorious for being a jerk who will step on anyone to get on top and he's just added someone else to his list of victims.

Matt. You get no argument from me. The guy is a total ****bag that needs to get ****ed off the reservation. It's a shame that idiots who think he is actually funny will see this as NBC correcting a mistake instead of what it is, the death of the Tonight Show. Or at least the severe beating of it until it needs to be put on life support.

Wow. First they kept Jay around? Now they are potentially/essentially giving him his old job back? Way to be asses to Conan NBC.

Wow. First they kept Jay around? Now they are potentially/essentially giving him his old job back? Way to be asses to Conan NBC.

Conan is probably saying at this point "Now I know how Letterman felt in 92."

Meanwhile, David Letterman shows of a goofy grin upon reading this news.

On the contrary, I think Dave would certainly be more sympathetic to Conan. While awful if this news is true, I look forward to Conan showing up as a guest on the Late Show. That would be an interesting segment.

On the contrary, I think Dave would certainly be more sympathetic to Conan. While awful if this news is true, I look forward to Conan showing up as a guest on the Late Show. That would be an interesting segment.

Right. Conan has always idolized Letterman.

no....this is ABCs chance...offer Conan whatever he wants and kick that assclown Kimmel out

ABC will make an offer, but it's FOX that will win the bidding war. They want it more. Jimmy Kimmel, despite any backlash he gets, has been good for ABC. He's had his moments over the years like that whole "I f--ked Matt Damon" thing a few years back. But, FOX virtually has no late-night block. Or atleast not a successful one. So, this is their chance to join the race. Rupert Murdoch, being the notorious businessman that he is, will make Conan a ridiculous offer that ABC (Disney) couldn't compete with.

And he doesn't have Helen Kushnick to blame this time.

Letterman: I feel like there's a common thread bonding us together here...Don't you feel it?
O Brien: Yeahhhh.

At least CBS has stability on it's talk shows with Letterman and Craig Ferguson for the next few years. Of course, I did read that when Letterman leaves, Ferguson will leave too.

This whole story is now a trending topic on Twitter. Screw you Jay.

Can someone fill me in on the Leno/Letterman feud? From what I recall, Carson promised the gig to Letterman but was offered to Leno instead? How exactly was he a jerk for accepting a job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"