Sequels The Official Lorna Dane/Polaris Casting Thread

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
Might as well make one since I made one for Alex.Who are your choices for the Mistress of Magnetism?

I think Kate Beckinsale would be dandy.

Shannon Elizabeth or Amy Smart

polaris.jpg

Kate Beckinsale.....the perfect Polaris,she's gorgeous.

Kate Beckinsale is perfect for nothing except playing "Amber, the stripper with the worlds worst breast implants"

and despite her being in so many crappy movies, she's still a big enough star to not have this role as a possibility for her.

It's not the kind of role for someone who OPENS movies.

Polaris is just a generically superhot comic book babe character. She doesn't have any distinctive traits that all her panels/artists interpretations share other than that.

Although looking partly mediterranian/semiticly Jewish wouldn't hurt. Cause isn't there atleast a possibility she's Magneto's kid?

I don't think there is a female Marvel character where someone hasn't suggested Beckinsale for the part:rolleyes:

Lmao. I admitely say that if she could be anyone, she could be Polaris, but there's got be better than her for Lorna.

GNR4Life said:
Might as well make one since I made one for Alex.Who are your choices for the Mistress of Magnetism?

I think Kate Beckinsale would be dandy.
kate beckinsale is psylocke not polaris

BT18 said:
Although looking partly mediterranian/semiticly Jewish wouldn't hurt. Cause isn't there atleast a possibility she's Magneto's kid?
Isn't Magneto supposed to be a European Jew and not necessarily strong with semitic characteristics?

Almighty Pejo said:
Isn't Magneto supposed to be a European Jew and not necessarily strong with semitic characteristics?

he passed for a gypsy after escaping the camps. but, yeah, most characters were drawn to look like white guys back then. look at Dr Doom. he looked like Peter Parker with arched eyebrows before the accident. i blame Byrne and Romita. ;)

I don't know...so how about we use this opportunity as an excuse to put Carmen Electra in an X flick? heh.

story.electra.ap.jpg

Almighty Pejo said:

He's supposed to be a Polish jew, most of whom were Ashkenazi, who have typical thought-of-as-Jewish looks.

Basically what I'm saying is his supposed daughter shouldn't look like some really anglo or, for lack of a better word, aryan woman. Like Kate Bosworth or Heidi Klum or something

Beckinsale over Electra or Elizabeth anyday.She's got class baby.

Muze said:
he passed for a gypsy after escaping the camps. but, yeah, most characters were drawn to look like white guys back then. look at Dr Doom. he looked like Peter Parker with arched eyebrows before the accident. i blame Byrne and Romita. ;)
That's probably it. The narrow nose, pale skin and lifeless white hair did little to giving Magneto any ethnic qualities.

BT18 said:
He's supposed to be a Polish jew, most of whom were Ashkenazi, who have typical thought-of-as-Jewish looks.

Basically what I'm saying is his supposed daughter shouldn't look like some really anglo or, for lack of a better word, aryan woman. Like Kate Bosworth or Heidi Klum or something
That's more than reasonable. I guess a lot of that would depend upon whether or not they chose to explore the angle of her being Magneto's daughter.

How about Rachel Weisz?

what's with all the Brits getting suggested. And more importantly. Pretty big stars. Again, it would never be any actress that opens movies.

Her being a Brit has nothing to do with it.In my opinion,she definitely looks the part of Polaris and has the right attitude to pull it off.You're right about how a big actor or actress may not want part of the franchise without opening the franshise.Hmmm...who knows we could be wrong.After all,Brian Cox did X2 and from what I understand,he's a respected veteran actor.It's all about the role and how well written it is.

You're correct, GNR4Life. Being from England had nothing to do with my choice of Rachel (although, it's understandable and reasonable that Magneto's daughter could have grown up in England instead of in the US), but more to do with her look and abilities. I think she could reasonably pass as Ian McKellen's daughter and a woman of Jewish decent, and she's a farily competent actress who could pull it off and do so successfully.

And BT18, since they've all but confirmed X-Men 3 is the last film to use this cast of characters (or at the very least, these actors and actresses), Polaris would never make it into a film until a reboot or X-Factor type situation. In any event, there will be no Hugh Jackman or Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart or anyone, so they'll need a big star in a new branch of a franchise, so why not go for her? I'm all for unknowns, but people are more likely to go see a film featuring an actor or actress they know than a group of people they've never seen before in their lives. Besides...we have no idea how Polaris would be used. She could very well become a major player of the film/films she appears in, using Sinister as a villain and malice as an arc for the character, and having some known talent behind it could never hurt.

Amy Smart and Diane Kruger are exactly they type of Aryan chicks I was talking about.

Of course one could say it doesn't matter if they could never be mags daughter.

Diane Kruger for POLARIS would be a waste. She's better off as EMMA....

BT18 said:

who is your casting choice again?

CASHMERE said:
Diane Kruger for POLARIS would be a waste. She's better off as EMMA....

And a fine Emma she would be Cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"