Sequels Official Apacolypse Casting Thread

i think this Simmons guy might actually bea better Bishop

cardslinger said:
Apocalypse was saposed to be from Egypt which is in Africa. I am usually against using actors who were already in other Marvel movies, but if MCD played Apocalypse, he would most likely be covered in makeup.

Egypt is in Africa however Africa doesn't always mean black. Egyptians are arabic. Most if not all of northern africa are arabs or of arab descent. If Apocalypse is Egyptian then he isn't remotely black. How about MIchael Bailey Smith the B movie actor whos musclar and sometimes plays bad guys.
gallery_9.jpg

http://www.michaelbaileysmith.com/gallery.htm

Abaddon said:
Arnold Vosloo:o

Maybe, or someone very large and reasonably tall. Please don't look at Wrestling, that stuff sucks and all the wrestlers suck too. No halfassed WWE guesses. Dolph Lundgren? lol He's 6'5". Someone at least 6'4" or taller. Could always cast Brian Thompson, night slasher from Cobra. He's 6'3" and menacing.

JamesXMan said:
Egypt is in Africa however Africa doesn't always mean black. Egyptians are arabic. Most if not all of northern africa are arabs or of arab descent. If Apocalypse is Egyptian then he isn't remotely black.

Your first sentance is true, your second 2 are extremely untrue. Modern Egypt is composed of Black Africans, Arab Africans, and most of all mixes of the 2. The only thing to be agreed apon about what most ancient Egyptians looked most like is that it isn't agreed apon. To say Apocalypse would not be "remotely black", particularly considering how he's been drawn most of the time in addition to the historical acuracy (something Marvel comics don't always adhere to) is just the most ridiculous thing ever.

And when you can avoid casting a stock cliched bad-guy typecast actor to play a bad-guy in an important movie you should probably do so.

Dennishaysbert_24.jpg

Dennis Haysbert, the voice "that's all states stand!" off his commercials. He's 6' 4''+ a fitness trainer and make up; I mean look what they did with Angel; I think he'd be perfect. (Michael Clarke Duncan 2nd, but he's or was King Pin) [/COLOR]

As for the four horsemen; Cyclops(Pestilence), Phoeinix(Death), Angel(War) and Storm (Famine).

Conquer said:
Christopher Judge (teal'c from stargate sg1)

He has got the right head shape (lol) but his face is extremely feminine looking.

Conquer said:
Christopher Judge (teal'c from stargate sg1)

he's perfect

u know i was gonna say Arnold Schwarnegger cuz of the Mr. Freeze costume in Batman Forever looked similar to that. but he's too short and that movie sucked. but Christopher Judge is a good idea. i was gonna say the big black guy in Daredevil who played Kingpin (i wanna kill the idiot who came up with a black Kingpin) and who was also in Green Mile.

Somebody said in another thread Michael Clarke Duncan (kingpin in the dare devil movie) and I think he would be perfect for Apocalypse.

RaisingStorm said:
Somebody said in another thread Michael Clarke Duncan (kingpin in the dare devil movie) and I think he would be perfect for Apocalypse.

yeah, i honestly think he is the best choice and should be on the top of fox wish list, because he is such an acomplished actor, and has the pysical apperance of Apoc

also though i think Tarlec from Stargate guy would work well too, as I am a huge Michael Dorn fan (worf from star trek) and would be thrilled if he where him too

Mothling said:
Michael Clarke Duncan:
greenmile2.jpg

He certainly has the stature and look. And who cares if he was in Daredevil anyways.

thats apacolypse hes perfect

My picks for Apocalypse:

Vin Diesel:

vin-diesel-15.jpg

Michael Clarke Duncan:

daredevil.jpg

or

Dwayne Johnson:

rocky_smooth.jpg

What do ya think?

To me, the essence of Apocalypse is NOT his "size", so I'm against casting mediocre actors like Michael Clarke Duncan or The Rock. We need verbal charisma, presence, scenery chewing, and conviction, someone who can make a speech about "survival of the fittest", weeding out the weak from the storng, to make you truly fear that you're one of the weak to be eliminated.

I'm still thinking but I do know all the candidates presented so far are bad choices, except maybe Haysbert. But even he's not a great choice.

True, but you can't have skinny short guy for apocalypse either.

And I don't think he should fight that much. I think he is more of the scary mastermind than brute force, but an imposing physical presence is also a must.

metr0man said:
To me, the essence of Apocalypse is NOT his "size", so I'm against casting mediocre actors like Michael Clarke Duncan or The Rock. We need verbal charisma, presence, scenery chewing, and conviction, someone who can make a speech about "survival of the fittest", weeding out the weak from the storng, to make you truly fear that you're one of the weak to be eliminated.

I'm still thinking but I do know all the candidates presented so far are bad choices, except maybe Haysbert. But even he's not a great choice.

i agree with you in the part that if they got like Liam Neeson, he is just gunna be under layers of CGI and make up anyways

but don't discredit MCD, he is a fine actor,

the other two jokers though do not deserve the role of Apoc

MCD is a good actor, I agree with you there. See The Green Mile if you think otherwise. Plus, I would like to see Apocalypse as huge and imposing in stature, and not some average height guy. It would ruin the effect I think.

Mothling said:
MCD is a good actor, I agree with you there. See The Green Mile if you think otherwise. Plus, I would like to see Apocalypse as huge and imposing in stature, and not some average height guy. It would ruin the effect I think.

well, to play devils advocate(because i like MCD) i think who ever they get will probobly be under tones of make up, effects and CGI any ways so i am less concerned with stature, then talent

L0ngsh0t said:
well, to play devils advocate(because i like MCD) i think who ever they get will probobly be under tones of make up, effects and CGI any ways so i am less concerned with stature, then talent

Thats true, I suppose. I definately wouldn't want that Stargate guy though. :/

L0ngsh0t said:
They shouldn't have to use CGI to to make him big. MCD is perfect IMO. They could save money on that effect. Just use makeup and maybe some prostetics..

I think it would be perfect if they had his body be primarily CG, with a digitally altered voice over by Christopher Lee.

I'll say what I said in an earlier thread on this; they should cast someone unexpected, think the devil in Gibson's Passion.

cardslinger said:
They shouldn't have to use CGI to to make him big. MCD is perfect IMO. They could save money on that effect. Just use makeup and maybe some prostetics..

well, what i mean by the CGI is like they do Spidermans costume, when he is web slinging and fighting and stuff, they enhance it by CGI, i think a costume and make-up and then do CGI to straighten out the ruff edges

Here's a quickie:

chrishs14ro.jpg

With the proper make up this dude WILL be Apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"