The Official Marvel Comics Quote Thread

The Punisher

Sidekick
Reaction score
For a long time there have been some great lines in marvel comics. I thought i'd be cool to post some in a thread dedicated for that. I'll start.

The Punisher: "There's a dream I have from time to time. And in the dream I don't stop. I kill the soldiers and the hitmen, the extortioners and the racketeers, the dark old f***s who send them out to fight--I hold the trigger down until they're all gone--But I don't stop. The innocents are watching, just like always. The slack-jawed thousands, gazing at the beast. My family lie red and shredded in the grass. I face the crowd and bring the weapon to my shoulder. If my world ends, I tell them, so does yours. The recoil starts and I wake up. It's just a dream, I always tell myself. It's just a dream. It's just a dream..."

That has to be one of my all time favorite quotes by the Punisher. It's from Punisher MAX #21. :unishr:

Post your favorite quotes. :up:

Johnny Storm: "How about we..."

Peter Parker: "...Skip over that whole period?"

Human Torch and Spider man regarding "The Clone Era"

Iron Fist: "Oh! My name is Danny Rand. I am Iron Fist and I know Kung Fu. Hi-Yahh.

-Immortal Iron Fist #2.

Thug 1 "Knock Knock"
Thug 2 "Whose there?"
Thug 1 "Michael Jackson"
Thug 2 "Michael Jackson who?"
Thug 1 "Congratulations, you are on the jury"

From an issue of Amazing Spider-Man by JMS

^ LOL nice. :D

Reed Richards: "Here Spider-Man, take this glass of water, I made it from my own urine!"

-Ultimate Spider-Man

"He's got brain powers" Sammy the Squid-Boy in New X-Men to Dr. McCoy regarding Prof. Xavier.

Captain America: "You murderous piece of trash..."

Punisher: "You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas, Cap."

-Punisher War Journal #2.

Luke Cage: "Sweet Christmas!"

Luke Cage: "Sweet sister!"

Luke Cage: "Where's my money, honey."

Ultimate Daredevil: "You dumb ****."

:D:up:

Captain America: "It's not that black and white, Castle."

The Punisher: "No sir, it's not that red white and blue."

-Punisher: War Journal #2

"Name first.I like to know a man's name before I put him in the ground."

-Ultimate Captain America from Ultimates #12,a badass in every sense of the word

Punisher: "Got a message for you and your boys Bobby, listen." *shoots*

-The Punisher

Might as well call this the "Punisher's Best Quotes" thread...:p

For a long time there have been some great lines in marvel comics. I thought i'd be cool to post some in a thread dedicated for that. I'll start.

The Punisher: "There's a dream I have from time to time. And in the dream I don't stop. I kill the soldiers and the hitmen, the extortioners and the racketeers, the dark old f***s who send them out to fight--I hold the trigger down until they're all gone--But I don't stop. The innocents are watching, just like always. The slack-jawed thousands, gazing at the beast. My family lie red and shredded in the grass. I face the crowd and bring the weapon to my shoulder. If my world ends, I tell them, so does yours. The recoil starts and I wake up. It's just a dream, I always tell myself. It's just a dream. It's just a dream..."

That has to be one of my all time favorite quotes by the Punisher. It's from Punisher MAX #21. :unishr:

Post your favorite quotes. :up:

So is he basically dreaming that he will also kill the innocent people?

I'm leaving the Hype for a while, but thought i'd bump some threads of mine.

My post above says it all.

Wolverine: "Deadpool ain't it? Sorta rhymes with Dead Fool?"

Deadpool: "Yeah-- like Wolverine rhymes with... Louver Screen? ... Hoover Spleen? Hey what the heck does it rhyme with?"

-Wolverine #88

One a my faves from Daredevil: Ninja

DD: I'm Matt Murdock the lawyer.
Matt Murdock the blind man.
Matt Murdock the fighter.
The superhero.
The masterless ninja.
The crusader.
Matt Murdock...Daredevil.

****in gold. :up:

After Gunning down a group of Gangstas

"They put the sights on top for a reason."

the Punisher, Kitchen Irish, I believe.

This cannot be a good thread until we get some NEXTWAVE!

ELSA: What was your super hero name?
CAPTAIN: Captain S**t.
ELSA: You're kidding me.
CAPTAIN: Nope. I was Captain S**t.
ELSA: Why, for God's sake?
CAPTAIN: Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly? Hell, no. Captain S**t. I met Captain America once. He asked me what my name was.
ELSA: And you said Captain S**t.
CAPTAIN: Man, he beat seven shades of it out of me. Left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth.

DIRK ANGER: Thirty? You look like a bag of dried buttskin. I'm older'n you. I'm ninety years old. You know how I look so pretty? I take drugs. Special H.A.T.E. drugs. Life-extending drugs. H.A.T.E. has the best drugs. Because H.A.T.E. loves me. And I love H.A.T.E. Every day of my horrible drug-extended terrorist-fighting life. Every day I smoke two hundred cigarettes and one hundred cigars and drink a bottle of whisky and three bottles of wine with dinner. And dinner is meat. RAW meat. The cook serves me an entire animal and I fight it bare-handed and tear off what I want and eat it and have the rest buried. In NEW JERSEY! For H.A.T.E.!

"MONICA RAMBEAU is a veteran super hero, previously known as Captain Marvel, whose mother always wanted her to get a proper job. So she joined H.A.T.E.
When her mother died, she went to Hell, and is used as a bucket by giant weasels dressed as cheerleaders. And that's what happens when you tell your kids to get a proper job."

"FING FANG FOOM!
Mommy was a ****-lizard that did the bad thing with suggestively-shaped piles of nuclear waste, and nine months later--
FING FANG FOOM!
Has been burning with the need to mate since 1956!
FING FANG FOOM!
Has absolutely no genitals whatsoever!
FING FANG FOOM!
Oh, you cannot imagine how annoyed he is."

ROBOT: NO NO NOT DOING THIS NO NO NO RUN AWAY RUN AWAY THIS IS MY SPECIAL RUN AWAY SONG SO I DO NOT GET KILLED BY SCARY GIRL.

YOUNG MONICA: Bad doggie go sizzle pop.

FING FANG FOOM: Fing Fang Foom put you in his PANTS.
TABBY: NOOOOOOO!

AARON: I could make you pregnant.
ELISA: Not unless you could do it from over there, clanky.
AARON: I am full of very useful devices.
MONICA: ...Yes. Yes, you are.
AARON: You're a little old for me.
MONICA: Shut up. I have a plan. We're going to make lizard breath swallow you.
AARON: What?
MONICA: We're going to get you inside that thing.
AARON: I hate you, fleshy one.

"AARON STACK, designation X-51 from Dr. Abel Stack's self-built sequence of sentient humanoid combat robots. It is not known what happened to the other fifty."
ROBOT: I make you die with steamy electric mek bits now clank clank clank.
OLD LADY: More tea, Father?
ROBOT: ...Confirmed.
OLD LADY: Father...are you crying?
ROBOT: Father Blood Drench Robo Crush simply has something in his lens. Leave Father Blood Drench Robo Crush alone now, fleshy.

AARON: My robot brain needs beer. Also? I want to die.

MONICA: What now? Next on the LIST, boy! These things are all over the COUNTRY! In in IN! Beer! High speed! Ignition! GO! Monsters to beat up! Things to blow up! It's the best job in America! NEXTWAVE GO!

ELISA: DEATH RACE 2000! I AM PRESIDENT FRANKENSTEIN!

ELISA: Drive on the PROPER side of the road, Colonial scum!

CAPTAIN: Huh. I thought when you hit leprechauns on the head the turned into gold coins. What a rip. I wonder if they got credit cards. HOOAAAARRRKKKK Oh boy. Bending over was a baaad move.

EVIL POLICEMAN MECH: I AM THE LAW! GIMME YOUR WALLETS!

TABBY: Oh, man. You're a COP? You're kidding me!
*starts kicking him*
TABBY: I HATE cops! Because, like, cops keep ARRESTING me and stuff? For STEALING? Like stealing's a CRIME or something?
AARON: Hey! What's going on?
TABBY: He's a COP, Aaron!
AARON: Cops--the most annoying fleshing ones of ALL!
*both kick the cop*

CELESTIAL: Aaron Stack, you who were called Machine Man. You have travelled with us for three hundred and sixty cycles by your reckoning of time. There is now something we have to tell you. You are total s**t.
AARON: What?
CELESTIAL: No. Really. You're s**t. We've taken a year of you. We're taking you back to that orbiting trashcan you call a planet. And dumping you there. You're turning away from us. We are speaking to you and you're turning away from us. This is exactly the kind of s**t we were talking about here.
AARON: Please...don't look...I don't want you to believe...that even a robot can cry.
CELESTIAL: See what we mean? Complete and utter s**t.

DIRK ANGER: RELEASE THE DROP BEARS!
*in the drop zone*
H.A.T.E. AGENT: You know...throwing little koala bears out of an airplane doesn't seem right:
H.A.T.E. AGENT 2: *sob*

AARON: Ha. FEAR my robot head.

MONICA: It's the Gamma-Activiated Bull Men From Beyond The Nineteenth Perimeter--and they're NAKED.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: Cever your eyes, go back to Avengers Mansion, and make my dinner.

ELISA: Samurai robots beat guns. No question. So it's just me and a shovel. Rock.

TABBY: You think Cap's dead?
ELISA: He's a guy. How would you be able to tell?
TABBY: Well, he wouldn't be farting.

AARON: Ah, yes. Many was the night I'd sneak in here to steal his beer. Until I found out he made the beer himself. And what he made it out of. I thought "Lizard Squeezings" was a brewery name.

DIRK ANGER: Relase the NEO-HYDE GUTSPAWN! Human scum embowered by the clowned chemically-mutated cells found in the stomach walls of the corpse of Henry Jekyll himself! THEY EAT GIRLS, Monica! Ha ha ha ha ha! THEY EAT GIRLS! Put the Atomic Puppies in the torpedo tubes! Yap yap bang! Ha ha ha ha ha! YAP YAP BANG!

I can't remember it word for word but the whole speech in Daredevil when Bullseye tries to attack Milla and Matt completely spanks him and carves the bullseye into his head. I can remember the end:

'And when you finally have the courage to do what you've been begging me to do, here! Look! Aim true! Aim to kill!'

I remember reading that with my jaw on the floor. So badass.

Not one of the best, but it is one of the reasons of why I loved Nextwave. Tabitha from X-Force, having a flashback panel;

image1mn7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"