X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

MCU Mutants cant be worse than the Ultimate versions
in Ultimate Marvel the Mutants are created from the Super Soldier Serum and Wolverine was the first Mutant Ultimate Hulk was also created from the Super Soldier Serum and that was also the origin of the MCU Hulk i hope they dont do the same with MCU X-Men

I reckon marvel definitely know we don’t want ultimates. Marvel knows what we want

A modern day superhero film inspired by TikTok

I reckon marvel definitely know we don’t want ultimates. Marvel knows what we want

:D The Russos are sounding scary these days. Imagine they had been talking like this during MCU event film time.

Russo Brothers's Spider-Man...

Toy Industry Insiders: Marvel Planning Race Swaps for X-Men

If true, this is exactly what I predicted. Marvel will use Secret Wars to soften blowback for the subsequent reinvention of certain characters.

I think people need to get comfortable with the idea of the X-Men being less white than we're accustomed, because there's no way this franchise is escaping what it's political context would logically mean in today's climate.

I heard a fascinating discussion a while ago that as far as the mutant metaphor goes, it’s an imperfect metaphor for race so let’s embrace that. If we’re telling the story in the current era of course there’s different ways we would tell it then when it was originally written as a metaphor for being a Jewish teen in the 60s

If true, this is exactly what I predicted. Marvel will use Secret Wars to soften blowback for the subsequent reinvention of certain characters.

I think people need to get comfortable with the idea of the X-Men being less white than we're accustomed, because there's no way this franchise is escaping what it's political context would logically mean in today's climate.
I really care more about good storytelling than race swaps. It's all fine by me. :)

I'm still a few days away from watching Wakanda Forever, but I'm already obsessed with Namor (and I know I'm not the only one).

I loved the way they reinvented him. He looks beautiful, awesome and, to me at least, more interesting than if he was inspired by an european ancient civilization.

This new Namor is what I have in mind when I think about reinventing the X-Men characters. Of course not all of the changes are going to be like that, but it would be great if some of them were. For instance, if they do change Erik, I keep imagining how he could look like coming from a different culture. How his helmet would look like, for instance?

Anyway, that type of thing gets me really excited, especially after Namor.

Will Deadpool 3 be a Soft Reboot of the FOX movies just like what happened with Daredevil in She Hulk? personally for me the FOX Deadpool movies take place in a different universe than the rest of the FOX X-Men movies so a Soft Reboot does not affect me much still is strange that Deadpool will exist in the MCU soon before the MCU versions of the X-Men

I'm still a few days away from watching Wakanda Forever, but I'm already obsessed with Namor (and I know I'm not the only one).

I loved the way they reinvented him. He looks beautiful, awesome and, to me at least, more interesting than if he was inspired by an european ancient civilization.

This new Namor is what I have in mind when I think about reinventing the X-Men characters. Of course not all of the changes are going to be like that, but it would be great if some of them were. For instance, if they do change Erik, I keep imagining how he could look like coming from a different culture. How his helmet would look like, for instance?

This is precisely what it should be all about. Namor is a great prelude of what's to come-- where the change isn't just a skin deep race swap, but an actual injection of culture & text, that informs a reinvention of the character, whilst still retaining the core traits.

And you know there are dozens of underdeveloped/undershown poc X-Men in the comics, that Marvel Studios should use for the films.

The X-Men neither aren't 1 person like Namor nor a group of 4 like the Fantastic Four.

Storm
Psylocke
Cecilia Reyes
Jubilee
Bishop
Forge
Synch
Thunderbird
Thunderbird III
Sway
Armor
M
Gentle
Revanche
Sunfire

The list is long.

Wait for the long "but they aren't important enough" eXcuse. Marvel Studios made Shang-Chi, Eternals, Vision, Ant-Man and Guardians of the GalaXy household names.

Yes, this interpretation of Namor has also got me super-excited. As you say it's not necessarily effective if you do it for every character but a couple of high-profile changes like this could go a long way.

And you know there are dozens of underdeveloped/undershown poc X-Men in the comics, that Marvel Studios should use for the films.

The X-Men neither aren't 1 person like Namor nor a group of 4 like the Fantastic Four.

Storm
Psylocke
Cecilia Reyes
Jubilee
Bishop
Forge
Synch
Thunderbird
Thunderbird III
Sway
Armor
M
Gentle
Revanche
Sunfire

The list is long.

Wait for the long "but they aren't important enough" eXcuse. Marvel Studios made Shang-Chi, Eternals, Vision, Ant-Man and Guardians of the GalaXy household names.
From that list I think they should start with Storm and Psylocke in the field X-Men team from the first film. Jubilee as a student, Cecilia Reyes as the mansion/school doctor and Forge also as resident. It's a shame the comics didn't pursue the Neal Shaara version of Thunderbird further. I was hoping he was going to become a permanent team member, but the films could try that. Would also like to see Armor and M when the school expands, if not before. Revanche and Sunfire could be allies.

Marvel Studios should really use those characters. I just don't understand why racebend famous X-Men like Scott, Rogue, Jean, Remy, Xavier and Logan for the sake of representation when X-Men FANS know that Storm, Psylocke (if you ignore the body swap), Jubilee, Forge, Cecilia, Sunfire, Bishop, Armor, Synch are right there and they eXist for decades. These characters are the actual representation of the minorities in the comics.

If you are all about "representation" and "reinvention" then you should be fine with Marvel Studios using those characters, even if they are D list.

I'm personally all for subtle reinvention if it makes sense and stays true to the essence of the character.

I know the MCU version of Namor has its detractors but I love what I've seen so far. The reinvention brings an entirely new facet to the character and the designs look great. Plus, Tenoch is every bit as stunning in the role as I always envisioned Namor to be in 'real life'...

I disagree that characters need to be ported in wholesale from the comics. Most of them were created decades ago so reinvention is natural and welcome, as long as the core themes informing the characters remain intact.

Namor and Atlantis were "reinvented" to differentiate them from Aquaman/DC's Atlantis. There's also not a lot from what I can recall, latino representation in the MCU movies.

Now the X-Men isn't a group of Caucasian characters for them to racebend classic characters in the movies. Even before the first Marvel movie, the X-Men were known to be the most diverse ip of Marvel Comics. Storm, Psylocke, Forge, Bishop, Jubilee - these are classic characters that have been adapted in several medium though all of them were badly utilized in the previous movies. There's also Sunfire, Cecilia, Synch, Armor - they might not be famous but Sersi, Star Lord, Shang-Chi, Vision, Ant-Man weren't also well known before.

Personally speaking, as a minority, if I'm going to see minority representation in the X-Men movies, I want it to be the actual minorities I've known from the comics for more than 2 decades. Not Cyclops, Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine and Xavier.

Marvel Studios should really use those characters. I just don't understand why racebend famous X-Men like Scott, Rogue, Jean, Remy, Xavier and Logan for the sake of representation when X-Men FANS know that Storm, Psylocke (if you ignore the body swap), Jubilee, Forge, Cecilia, Sunfire, Bishop, Armor, Synch are right there and they eXist for decades. These characters are the actual representation of the minorities in the comics.

If you are all about "representation" and "reinvention" then you should be fine with Marvel Studios using those characters, even if they are D list.
I have no problem with this, either. :)

As long as we get a Storm who is played by an unambiguously black actress with a presence, I'll be a happy camper.

Halle Berry has a presence, and the idea that she was a mulatto never crossed my mind. I thought that she was a normal black woman. That's it.

Same here. I didn't know she was mulatto at all.

Quite frankly, both Halle and Alexandra looked black to my eyes, and the thought about them being mulatto never crossed my mind.
I'm a white caucasian, Italian, so I guess that I'm not very accustomed to recognize the skin graduation of black people? Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"