1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Nominations are now over! Stay tuned for the ballot coming soon!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MCU X-Men' started by Lily Adler, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Same here. I don't know what @Shinobi Shaw is talking about.

Supperhero likes this.
  2. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Right, because it makes perfect sense, and I'm sure there would be no complaints, if Marvel Studios' debut X-Men lineup consisted of random characters like Synch, Trinary, Bishop, Sunfire, Jubilee & Forge, and not the main X-Men whom which the entire franchise, and it's mythology, are built around.

This gesture to "use the (mostly c-list) minority characters from the comics" is disingenuous, because it's not at all practical in execution, and you know this.

Bayne and Lip like this.
  3. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    I wonder if Marvel Studios would use Ultimate X-Men eXclusive characters like Magician.

That character never crossed over to Earth-616 in the comiX.

4. Silvermoth Krakoan native

It’s going to be interesting to see how the mcu would handle someone like Graydon creed if Trump looses. Like obviously if he wins the xmen become even more potent but if he looses maybe they would minimise him as a threat compared to if he won

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  5. Lip Registered

So this is the new rumour now.

Marvel united likes this.
  6. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Good Lord.

Look what Ryan Reynolds dragged in.

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  7. squeekness The mighty squeek!

As long as he isn't Gambit.

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  8. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Ryan Reynolds probably remembers when Channing Magic Remy Lebeau joined him and the other foX actors at comic con!

Yeah this sucks.

Batgirl0202 and squeekness like this.
  9. HydraSith12 Registered

If Im not mistaken the MCU World is 3 years ahead of us so it is now 2025 in the MCU if the first MCU X-Men movie will come out after Avengers Secret Wars then if the X-Men movie comes out in 2026 or 2027 it will mean that the MCU X-Men wont appear in the MCU World until 2029 or 2030 this is unbelievable and is a lot time since the events of Ironman 1 in 2008 its crazy how the MCU has evolved during all these years

10. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    There would have been 43 MCU movies relessed from Iron Man to Avengers: Secret Wars in May 2, 2026.

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  11. Weather Witch Likes Sand

Forge and Jubilee make perfect sense for an MCU X-Men movie. Can't believe you listed them as random characters. Storm and Psylocke are also pretty easy bets. At that point, you already have a pretty diverse team. Then we have characters covering different countries and religions like Kurt, Kitty, and Piotr. LGBT representation through Iceman most likely.

Now, does that mean I'm opposed to characters being racebend? If it's done well, enhances the character, and works within the story. Why not. For Charles and Erik, it might work, depending on the execution. Especially because we've already had several versions of these characters and the MCU will want them to be distinct.

I also think Namor was great in Wakanda Forever. But I feel it's a bit disingenuous that some people in this thread try to paint a picture like all mutants in the comics are like straight white people from the US. Almost any configuration of an X-Men team will be more diverse than the Avengers. Even if they don't race bend any of them.

psylockolussus likes this.
  12. Lip Registered

I'm tired of having this conversation, but it's disingenuous to say the X-Men are not mostly white. Go ahead and count how many POC characters we'll find in comparition to the white ones.

Like what, these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One black woman among all those classic characters is diverse for you? Really?

Eternals is 10x more diverse than these teams. And the difference is that Eternals and Avengers don't stand for diversity and oppressed people like the X-Men.

4 POC characters? Really? To every 4 POCs, you have Scott, Jean, Logan, Beast, Bobby, Angel, Kitty, Piotr, Emma, Gambit, Rogue, Lorna, Alex, Alison, Xavier, Rachel, Banshee, Laura, Cable, Illyana, etc...

Don't get me started on queer representation in the MCU.

Bayne and Marvel united like this.
  13. Weather Witch Likes Sand

That is not what I said at all, but I guess if you want to reduce my argument to that, we have nothing to talk about.

Batgirl0202 and psylockolussus like this.
  14. Lip Registered

Your words.

15. Weather Witch Likes Sand

Me: proposing parts of a potential X-Men team for the MCU that includes several POC characters, 2 LGBT characters, 4 female characters, and more internationally focused than the more US-based Avengers. Alongside saying that race bending Magneto and Xavier might work if they execute it well.

You:
    So yeah, I'm done here.

#390 Weather Witch, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  16. Lip Registered

Yes, because you know the X-Men is not diverse enough and still mostly white, like I said. To every 4 POC characters that in your eyes would already be "pretty diverse", there are 20+ white ones.

17. Weather Witch Likes Sand

Characters that I wasn't advocating to be in said MCU movie or for the movie to focus on. You're also conveniently leaving out that I underlined twice I'm not against race-bending. Now if you can stop tagging me here that would be great.

Batgirl0202 and psylockolussus like this.
  18. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Yes, a very diverse X-Men team.

Batgirl0202 and Weather Witch like this.
  19. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    You can worry about this when they are all adapted in the mcu. I don't want to see Magik, X-23, Cable and Prestige in the X-Men. I'd include them in spin offs, but not proper X-Men. The thing is even if we mention every POC X-Men from the 60s to 2020s:

Forge
    Cecilia
    Storm
    Psylocke
    Jubilee
    Neal
    Gentle
    Armor
    Sunfire
    Kwannon
    Sway
    Bishop

It is never enough for you... the good thing is the comiX hasn't ended and Marvel Comics could introduce new characters that Marvel Studios could use in the movies. Problem solved.

Also, I doubt Marvel Studios would adapt all 95 X-Men (from 60s to 20s) from the comiX, we'd be lucky to see Marvel Studios' X-Men 6 at this rate.

20. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    I don't know why you would propose that line up without my favorite X-Men Psylocke!:funny: thats so random!

Yeah I would like that. Those are still X-Men characters/members at the end of the day.

Bishop, Forge and Jubilee ain't random. You intentionally left out Psylocke and Storm. Synch is a current member in the comiX. Sunfire was too.

21. Lip Registered

Xavier
    Scott
    Hank
    Warren
    Logan
    Colossus
    Gambit
    Longshot
    Havok
    Vulcan
    Mimic
    Channeling
    Banshee
    Eric
    Sam
    Cable
    Nate
    Joseph
    Juggernault
    Sabretoth
    Cypher
    Legion
    Madrox
    Jean
    Lorna
    Kitty
    Rogue
    Rachel
    Betsy
    Dazzler
    Emma
    Husk
    Aurora
    Magma
    Petra
    Bobby
    Northstar
    Marrow
    Sage
    Chamber
    Stacy x
    Slimpstream
    Lady Mastermind
    Pixie
    Doctor Nemesis
    Box
    Magik
    Domino
    Boom Boom
    Ariel
    Fantomex
    X23
    Hope
    Firestar
    Poison
    Ink
    Honey Bagger
    Pyro
    Rahne
    Forgetmenot
    Moira

Also

Arcade
    Avalanche
    Tom Cassidy
    Cassandra
    Mastermind
    Sinister
    Pyro
    Sauron
    Shawn
    Spiral
    Toad
    Kelly
    Stryker
    Creed
    Destiny
    Proteus
    Selene

Definitely not enough for me for obvious reasons.

22. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Again what are the chances we would see all those characters as X-Men, for you to compile those names and have such a reaction when people suggest Marvel Studios should use poc X-Men Storm, Psylocke, Bishop, Jubilee, Cecilia, Sunfire, Armor, Synch, Thunderbird, Thunderbird III, Sway, Gentle, M, Trinary, Omega Sentinel, Sunspot, Mirage, Karma instead of racebending X-Men?

X-Men members like Longshot, BoX, Dr. Nemesis, Domino, Boom Boom, Cypher, Lifeguard, Slipstream, Multiple Man, Stacy X, Changeling, Vulcan, Petra, Joseph, Lady Mastermind, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Legion, Xorn, Husk, Magma, Honey Badger, Prestige, Nate Grey Wolfsbane, Ink, Pyro and Mimic probably won't even appear as a X-Man/X-Woman unless you think Marvel Studios could make X-Men 10 11 12 and so on. Thats literally a Marvel Studios' Longshot from happening.

I was also mentioning X-Men, not the ones who didn't join the team in the comiX, in the first place.

23. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Still the most diverse Marvel IP in the comiX.

Now if you think for every 4 POC introduced in X-Men Mcu, there would be 20 Caucasians... maybe you could complain but we aren't in that point yet.

Also diversity isn't just color of the skin.... there's culture, origin of country. Living in America isn't the same as living in Russia and living in Iceland.

24. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    You know if you have seen those pictures again and again, and you would realize there's only a dozen of main caucasian X-Men

1. Cyclops
    2. The Wolverine
    3. The Professor
    4. Marvel Girl
    5. Gambit
    6. Iceman
    7. Angel
    8. Colossus
    9. Nightcrawler
    10. Rogue
    11. Shadowcat
    12. Beast

Include Magneto and Emma to that list, if you want them to join the X-Man in these films. The rest like Havok, Polaris and Banshee aren't as popular as Storm, Psylocke, Jubilee and in the same level of importance as Bishop and Forge. While Rachel Summers and Nate Grey haven't even appeared outside of the comiX!

Its not 50/50, but including lesser known characters like Cecilia, Sunfire and M wouldn't hurt. And those three could be as popular as Shang-Chi and GOTG (former obscure characters), thats THREE more well known Poc X-Men for you. I'd rather see them than racebend Cyclops and Jean.

The rest like Cable, Domino, Magik, Multiple Man, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Strong Guy are mainstays of the splinter teams and don't need to be included in the X-Men.

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  25. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

It's kinda wild to think some of our oiyrX-Men may not have even been born when the first Iron Man happened (2008)
    But here's the problem with this, the reason why it reads as disingenuous to cite these characters-- sure, numerically, X-Men has more minority characters than any other Marvel IP, but, simply existing doesn't = to story, narrative, or character focus. The vast majority of these characters were either one-offs (Synch, Trinary, Sunfire Oya etc) or, were prevalent for a period, but haven't relevant in decades (Forge, Jubilee, Kwannon and arguably even Storm).

Now am I saying that Marvel Studios should never use these characters? Ofc not, some of them are really great characters, with interesting stories. But let's not pretend for even a second, that the X-Men mythology is, in any way, shape or form, built around them.

Let's be honest, almost all of the white X-Men, would benefit, narratively from race lifting-- some more than others (e.g. Cyclops, Rogue, Beast), but most would. It would allow the writers to add meaningful* text, by highlighting minority experiences through mutancy, instead of just mapping those experience onto white people.

This franchise can finally transcend from an "outdated metaphor for civil rights", into something more relevant for today's age.

The narrative focus is, and always has been, on the straight white characters.

In fact, the reason why there *are so many c-list minority characters, is because the writers have recognized the problem inherent with this franchise, which is a minority allegory being focused on straight white people, but it's almost impossible to correct this in the comics due to continuity, sales, and brand (established by the OGs), so these characters keep disappearing into obsecurity.

There's only one solution to this problem, that will have meaningful, and lasting effect, and that is, to change the faces of the franchise. Something only Feige is in a position to do, since he isn't bound by 50 years of continuity

Lip likes this.