X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

Isn't Grammar controverse, openly trumpist or something like that? Would Marvel want someone like that to be one of the main voices of the X-Men?
Dude has been openly Right wing since he was Frasier Crane. Yes Cheers. Fiscal Conservative and anti-choice ("pro-life").

I just want Famke and James to come back at least. Oh and maybe give Anna a proper go as Rogue
If they brought back someone like Kelsey Grammer who only appeared in X3 plus 5 seconds in Days of Future Past.

I don't see why they won't bring back the 3 leading ladies of the original trilogy, unless they turned it down.

The problem with FoX-Men was it was focused on the male X-Men characters (the Wolverine, the Professor, Magneto, Deadpool) and they had an Ip with so many prominent female characters. The most developed female characters were Jean and Mystique. The first one was turned to Wolverine's "love", if not trapped her to the PhoeniX arc. The second one was originally a henchwoman and later drastically changed to a X-Woman which was nothing like the Mystique from the comics.

However I do think when those actresses returned in the MCU. It would be still for action, power display and nostalgic bait. But regardless, I still want them to return even if its just for a brief moment.

Last edited:
As for the X-Men being announced neXt year. I wouldn't be that eXcited yet for it if it eventually happens neXt year, mainly because the Fantastic Four and Blade (iirc pre-pandemic) were announced so many years ago and have yet to filming something and have been delayed so many times. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fantastic 4 is delayed once again, since its scheduled in the same month as Superman/Jurassic Park. We don't know if there won't be another Marvel flop since then or in the neXt 2 years. And those would come into play eventually and even factor to X-Men's success (quality wise/boX office wise).

They specifically used the Ottman theme for Grammer's Beast cameo. Could have just been a fun nod but I took it as this is the same Beast from the FOX films.
this is the multiverse saga.
So just like Charles in Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness, these X-Men returns are obviously alternate versions with the same actors.

d342d9175870e94c57f4aff183b446fd3b7d72e2.gif

0bb1d3f328f4b60181067c27226890b0ca1bcc3a.gif

She's listed as 5'6" but doesn't look like she's being dwarfed by Rob Pattison (a little over 6')

photo-1646150438.jpeg

A few rebooted X Ladies ,

1712685835956.png1712686446400.png
Jean Grey : Zoey Deutch ( The Outfit)

1712685770161.png1712686495482.png
Jubilee : Oona O'Brien (Cobra Kai)

1712685982952.png1712686553340.png
Emma Frost : Samara Weaving ( The Babysitter)

1712686641142.png1712686730787.png
Storm : Jamie Lawson ( The Batman)

Ive been thinking about Maya for quite some time. Im between Jean and Rogue, not sure yet what character she would be best for.

I would like for Marvel Studios' X-Men '27 to have an intro like the original X-Men cartoon series.

Lol X-Men '27.

Hopefully MCU takes a cue from Spider-Man: Homecoming and has it playing over the Marvel logo.

I think they should have the snap be the reason for why mutants are becoming more pronounced in the MCU. It altered people's DNA (though not everyone is affected) and over the years, the consequences became more obvious to the point where it couldn't be covered up or denied.

Jean Grey : Zoey Deutch ( The Outfit)
She's got a weird voice so I wouldn't want her as Jean Grey. She'd be fine if Jean Grey was mute, but every time she'd open her mouth to say something, the voice would just ruin the scene.

Kitty should start as a 15-16 years old mutant. this way her journey on the big screen would feel bigger and more memorable, becoming a huge fan favourite and kinda iconic if Marvel does it right with her.
Starting just like any XM:Apocalypse or New Mutants cast member just wont have the same impact, because its been done too many times and isnt as exciting, the general audience has seen too many "young adult" franchises and Marvel should try something new with certain mutants, imo. (specially with Kitty or Jubilee. Or both) Iceman could be another choice, but I think a female x-men as the youngest would be a great choice. Iceman could be 18-20. The rest adults, of course.

Kitty should start as a 15-16 years old mutant. this way her journey on the big screen would feel bigger and more memorable, becoming a huge fan favourite and kinda iconic if Marvel does it right with her.
Starting just like any XM:Apocalypse or New Mutants cast member just wont have the same impact, because its been done too many times and isnt as exciting, the general audience has seen too many "young adult" franchises and Marvel should try something new with certain mutants, imo. (specially with Kitty or Jubilee. Or both) Iceman could be another choice, but I think a female x-men as the youngest would be a great choice. Iceman could be 18-20. The rest adults, of course.
I agree that the "young adult" franchises have been done to death. I think it would be more interesting to see how adults deal with the sudden manifestation of powers in their lives rathe than the usual "teen angst" and drama from a teenager discovering they're "different".

If they did decide to have a teenage character, it should be a character that the audience can see grow over time into an adult within the MCU (so at least 10 years played by the same actor).

As for whether the youngest character should be male or female, I'd say go male for a change because young females are often used as morality chains for older (particularly male) characters with an older female character usually "taking them under her wing" then dying so that the young female can learn and grow and "step up". With a young male character, they can either be led astray by an older male character who they're trying to emulate (despite being warned against it by another team member) then it backfires and they learn their lesson or they can try and bond with one of the older males but be rejected because the older males "don't want to hang around with a kid" and eventually they step up and earn "respect" for being a valuable member of the team.

Alternatively, they could go for a set of twin characters (1 male, 1 female) and show their different experiences within the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"