• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

I'd still be worried, i personally think X-Men would work better as a big budget ongoing tv series. And animation isn't the same as live action so I wouldn't really count on the animated show dictating anything....especially the tone. Just sayin

I don't know that any tv budget is big enough to fully do the X-Men justice. Not with how many completely unique superpowers would need to be involved.

I don't know that any tv budget is big enough to fully do the X-Men justice. Not with how many completely unique superpowers would need to be involved.
Eh, I think it's doable. Looking at their power set nobody seems to have anything that would call for super heavy CGI.

We saw what Marvel Studios could do with a $200million budget for a MCU show...and the results weren't great. A live action X-Men tv series would need a huge budget to make it look theatrical/blockbuster-like that isn't budget restricted. Also how many episodes would they produce, with so many X-Men and stories in the comics. 6 to 10 episodes per season feels limiting.

Ideally, Tv series should be a better platform because it can provide more screentime and development for the characters in the show. But a lot of Marvel shows look cheaper compare to the production values of blockbuster movies. Its the same thing with Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, etc. :xmen:

You know the hardest part is how will they start it? The last x-films had iconic intros. If they can land that they’re off to a good start
I don't think cgi intros like in the previous X-Men movies will return. Like most mcu shows, they would save the cgi/flashy animation for the credits where the names of the actors/crew are shown one by one.

It would likely start with Marvel Studios then maybe a title card during or after the first scene which I think is mostly like going to be an action set piece. :xmen:

Given how Feige has handled Spider-Man's franchise after Sony made a deal with Marvel Studios, I'm kind of hesitant to see what he'll do with the X-Men.

My biggest concern is that he'll focus on obscure characters just for the sake of being "different" from previous portrayals. So many fans have been waiting to see the likes of Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, and others get the spotlight after they were sidelined for other characters (e.g., Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique).

If obscure means using Angel, Psylocke, Bishop, Sunfire, Cecilia Reyes, Forge, Sage, Marrow, fine by me. :xmen:

I'm not sure how popular X-Men '97 is with the general public. I don't think its a streaming hit compare to most popular Netflix original series, but I think we would see majority of that show's regular line up in the first film. Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee I think are safe bets for the first film.

We saw what Marvel Studios could do with a $200million budget for a MCU show...and the results weren't great. A live action X-Men tv series would need a huge budget to make it look theatrical/blockbuster-like that isn't budget restricted. Also how many episodes would they produce, with so many X-Men and stories in the comics. 6 to 10 episodes per season feels limiting.

Ideally, Tv series should be a better platform because it can provide more screentime and development for the characters in the show. But a lot of Marvel shows look cheaper compare to the production values of blockbuster movies. Its the same thing with Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, etc. :xmen:
The budgets for Marvel TV shows don't seem to get utilised very well compared to similarly budgeted films which only have 2-3 hours of content. But yes, a show would be the best way to handle X-Men, ideally a very cinematic show that was also shown at the cinema lol - I'd happily go along for every episode. :beaming:

The budgets for Marvel TV shows don't seem to get utilised very well compared to similarly budgeted films which only have 2-3 hours of content. But yes, a show would be the best way to handle X-Men, ideally a very cinematic show that was also shown at the cinema lol - I'd happily go along for every episode. :beaming:
Another thing though is the ratings/streaming figures. A lot of shows suffer from sophomore slump (quality/public interest) and when that happens, quality gets worse and the show is no longer seen as a priority for the platform by the third season. And Marvel Studios is preoccupied by a lot of things.

Ideally a X-Men tv series would be great - a long season with 22 episodes would equal to the screentime of 6 to 8 2-hour movies. A short season with 9-13 episodes would equal to 3 to 4 2-hour movies. They could cover a lot of things in a single season compare to a film trilogy that would take years to release.

But a lot of those episodes would be restricted by the budget. Having 3 set pieces per episode would be too much for a TV budget. Having a simple CGI transformation or a simple power display of a single character could easily boost the expenses. With blockbuster superhero films, budgeting $200 million around a 2 hour film probably sounds less complicated compare to a superhero TV show. A lot of superhero shows look cheaper compare to the movies, simply because those shows couldn't simply afford the same production costs that a movie usually gets, especially when the overall budget is divided for 6 to 9 hours of screentime.

A movie to this day, is still being more valued compare to a show. Its very rare for a show these days to feel like an event. With movies, there's at least 1 every year that will dominate the box office for months and hitting $1 billion. Studios would also probably get their money faster with a very successful movie compare to a very successful scripted tv show. Thats why I don't see Disney or any studio, relegating the X-Men to their own TV series instead of a film series that they could milk for years if not decades.

Long story short, its hard a sustain a X-Men tv show for years, whereas a X-Men movie would probably guarantee a lot more money (long term) which would eventually lead to more movies.

Storm, cyclops, Jean, Rogue, gambit, wolverine, Jubilee. Am I missing something?
I guess they can be done with a cheaper budget, but how are those power displays gonna look, compare to a X-Men featured film with a budget of over $200 million? A simply display of electricity from Storm wouldn't look cheap but Storm generatin tornadoes would be expensive to look authentic.

Iceman
Colossus
Northstar
Rictor
Shatterstar

But I don't see it as a priority for Marvel/Disney. The film would be banned in China and Middle East.
He's asking about candiates for gay directors, not gay characters.

Yeah we need to let them cook. They rushed the films last time and remember how that went?

I’m thinking of watching the hunger games this weekend to get a vibe check on the writer. I mean it looks decent as well
I only want to see the X-Men in SDCC's Marvel Studios Hall H Panel when they have the director/cast ready for filming or if they already begun filming. Two years from now, I doubt they already cast someone.

A logo reveal in July seems pointless, because Marvel Studios rarely stick to the original logo they've shown. Look at Secret Invasion, Echo, Thunderbolts*, Daredevil Reborn, The Fantastic 4. The current logo looks completely different from the original logo they've released in SDCC. While Agatha and Captain America got a title change.

Legit I have no what I did to deserve to be ignored but it's makes discussions very frustrating lol. 🙃

It’s cool to see they’re moving on with this. I think it’s great to go to a director and creatives with a script rather than hire a cast and then write the script.

I was wondering what the response was so I went to Twitter. The first comment I saw was someone saying “that’s it, the hunger games was a bomb this will be a disaster” and the second comment was from a woman cheerfully reminding people that her nudes were in her bio so…that’s nice I guess.

Perfect x-men response really. Catrosphising and horny
I checked his filmography.

Aside from Songbirds & Snakes, the only film he's credited that I already saw is Assassin's Creed.

I doubt he's the only one that will be hired for the script. I don't think he's an exciting choice.

If obscure means using Angel, Psylocke, Bishop, Sunfire, Cecilia Reyes, Forge, Sage, Marrow, fine by me. :xmen:

I'm not sure how popular X-Men '97 is with the general public. I don't think its a streaming hit compare to most popular Netflix original series, but I think we would see majority of that show's regular line up in the first film. Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee I think are safe bets for the first film.
Yes, please. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"