Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

I just hope they are doing this for online-hype. The viral site is cool and interesting but eh I don't want to watch DOFP next year and I ask myself whether if Magneto or Mystique killed JFK, the movie isn't even about it. I just hope they are just doing to maintain hype.
Yeah, it makes me feel so weird today. At the back of my head, I know that this will hardly be an issue because the major plot of the movie itself will center in 1973 and the Kennedy assassination is just a shadowed event leading to the main conflict. But the video! And the website! All the articles and images!! :wow: And I'm reading Reddit and Tumblr and Twitter and I find myself getting swept up by theories put forth by people who don't really follow this film and just generally believe that the whole assassination plot will be about Kennedy, lol. So I keep reminding myself, "Settle down! You know better!" :oldrazz:

Man, this is frustrating. :csad:

Really liking some of these shots.

vSPRN8W.jpg

^Haha, I hope it's not just a case of Charles freezing everyone on site. I want him to show-off and do something cool with his powers, but I also want to see more physical action. Wreck that place, Mags and Logan and Pietro! :awesome:

I wonder how they arrested Erik, and he left his brotherhood?
Azazel and Angel Salvadore are dead. Emma helps Mystique to kill Kennedy? Where is Riptide?

I wonder how they arrested Erik, and he left his brotherhood?
He turned himself in.
Azazel and Angel Salvadore are dead. Emma helps Mystique to kill Kennedy? Where is Riptide?
Some are theorizing that Emma is responsible for Jack Ruby's memory gaps, though we know that Emma is not in this movie. Another third-party is surely involved, most probably Friends of Humanity or the Purifiers.

We can probably just assume that Emma and Riptide bailed some time before all the major events happened. Maybe they remained loyal to Shaw's memory and couldn't really work with Erik? Azazel remained because of Mystique, and Angel just didn't have anywhere else to go and remained loyal to their cause.

Really liking some of these shots.

vSPRN8W.jpg

The video (or the animated video of this picture) of this too was shot beautifully. You almost feel Erik is guilty by his facial expressions. It also looks like Fassy is using some of McKellen's mannerisms.

Last edited:
the prison seems to very well hidden away miles underground with what sounds like some unbreakable glass that can take more pressure then steel, seems like a big mission alone just to get in, makes me wonder how quicksilver,logan and whoever else will get him out of there, let alone whats up the top surounding the entrance to the underground tunnel

The video (or the animated video of this picture) of this too was shot beautifully. You almost feel Erik is guilty by his facial expressions. It also looks like Fassy is using some of McKellen's mannerisms.

which video of this pic?

is that hank and xavier behind him?

Bent bullet is distasteful, Fox has no shame

Did you find First class distasteful? that featured a Jewish woman being shot in front of her child. And the cold war.

Just because it is JFK doesn't mean he cant be used. If that is the issue then no film should be made about half the people that have died. No conspiracy theories should be published or have films made about them.

Did you find First class distasteful? that featured a Jewish woman being shot in front of her child. And the cold war.

Just because it is JFK doesn't mean he cant be used. If that is the issue then no film should be made about half the people that have died. No conspiracy theories should be published or have films made about them.

There is a huge difference between showing what happened in world war 2,

and in fox using x-men universe as the reason jfk was really killed,

that would be like if Hitler killed the jews not because they were Jewish, but because he thought they were all mutants

It's giving sense and sensibility to a senseless crime to promote a film

In reality Hitler did kill Jews because he saw them as mutants...

Bent bullet is distasteful, Fox has no shame

Well the reaction I have seen has been pretty mixed. I'm not all the comfortable with the idea either, but hopefully this is strictly for viral marketing purposes and they don't plan to make this a selling point to the American GA. It may play well with fanboys but I'm not so sure it will play well with the GA as a whole. Then again most of the people who will be seeing this are gonna be a few generations removed from the Kennedy killings so they won't have the same ick factor as baby boomers , genXers, or gen yers might.

I think the Holocast/Magneto thing is different in that they ultimately showed the evil of the Nazi's as opposed to using it as a selling point for tickets. No one was killed in the Cuban missile crisis so that comparison doesn't really hold water imo. Red Skull was a nazi but that was the case when he was created and he's shown as the villain.

Fantasy fiction can do whatever it wants.

Given there is already a 'magic bullet' mystery to the JFK assassination and the fact we are already dealing with alternate/parallel realities where superpowered mutants exist, it should be okay.

There is a huge difference between showing what happened in world war 2,

and in fox using x-men universe as the reason jfk was really killed,

that would be like if Hitler killed the jews not because they were Jewish, but because he thought they were all mutants

It's giving sense and sensibility to a senseless crime to promote a film

It'd be as if they made a film where a small band of Allied Jewish soldiers lock Hitler in a theater, shoot him with machine guns and burn it to the ground. Wouldn't that be such a terrible movie?

no.

Come back to reality, young man, it's nice down here

And you should learn history better.
Jew is follower of Judaism.
Hitler killed people not because of religion, but because he thouhht those peole are worse rase.

Fantasy fiction can do whatever it wants.

Given there is already a 'magic bullet' mystery to the JFK assassination and the fact we are already dealing with alternate/parallel realities where superpowered mutants exist, it should be okay.

Well there is a debate about whether the "magic bullet" is really so magical or if its only magical to those who think there was more than one gunman. That said, I see your point.

On side note The inglorious bastards analogy doesn't work either because no one has an issue with Hitler being tortured. A better analogy may be Django unchained. Even then they showed the true evil and brutality of slavery so it didn't come off as cashing in though even then you still had Spike Lee and others claim the film was doing a disservice , so its not like free expression means freedom from criticism in Hollywood.

Well, it's not like it's painting JFK in a bad light really. Initially he activated Project Wideawake, but it highly suggests in the viral marketing that he was on his way to give a speech that included pro-mutant sentiments and that Magneto may have been trying to stop the bullet instead of guiding it.

that's one way to look at it. I look at his posture as self-righteous. I think that the character knows that he didn't attempt to assassinate the president. that he was tried and convicted outside of a court of law (& the killing of Kennedy) probably strengthens Magneto's position on humans. it's the same smug "I toldja so" look that he had on his face in X2 when Xavier came to visit him inside of that plastic prison.

Well, it's not like it's painting JFK in a bad light really. Initially he activated Project Wideawake, but it highly suggests in the viral marketing that he was on his way to give a speech that included pro-mutant sentiments and that Magneto may have been trying to stop the bullet instead of guiding it.

in a way, he's kind of standing in for Senator Robert Kelly; in the books. Kelly was assassinated just as he was backing away from his more anti-mutant views. offhand, I can't remember if it was the friends of humanity or the brotherhood (or Stryfe) who ended up killing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"