Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Jubilee:

Why do you hate us, what did we ever do to you

Friends of humanity:

You were born

I think the imprisonment is a way of explaining what Magneto has been doing in the time between 1973 and the original trilogy. It justifies why he has not been an active menace in that period.

When we all saw X1, it always appeared that this was Magneto's first major appearance as a villain. But we know from First Class that he has been an active threat for far longer. Periods of imprisonment explain why he wasn't out and about causing mayhem.

So this whole bent bullet thing kind of confuses me. The article on the website makes it sound like Magneto has been locked up for decades after the Kennedy assassination. Which would majorly detract from the original trilogy's timeline. I'm not sure what to make of it.

It differs from the original trilogy's timeline for a reason.

They are presenting a possible alternate timeline. In that timeline, Magneto was in prison until his 80's.

The timeline of the article, at least in terms of Magneto being in prison for much of his life, will likely never come to pass, because as we know, Magneto ends up broken out of prison in DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.

Confusing, yet very intriguing. Consider me even more curious about this one lol. I dont know what this all means, but i'm looking forward to finding out :woot:

I think the imprisonment is a way of explaining what Magneto has been doing in the time between 1973 and the original trilogy. It justifies why he has not been an active menace in that period.

When we all saw X1, it always appeared that this was Magneto's first major appearance as a villain. But we know from First Class that he has been an active threat for far longer. Periods of imprisonment explain why he wasn't out and about causing mayhem.

This is what I think too. If it was a secret trial, it would explain why he wasn't well known at the time of X1. However it does explain why the government had a prison ready for him. He was a fugitive for the assassination of JFK. But that doesn't explain why he would be working with Mystique who set him up...

It's possible his entire involvement in X1 was kept under wrap to hide the fact that he had been able to escape from them in the first place..Which is why it seems like he hasn't left the prison at the time of the interview.

Last edited:
I wonder how they arrested Erik, and he left his brotherhood?
Azazel and Angel Salvadore are dead. Emma helps Mystique to kill Kennedy? Where is Riptide?

I wonder why they didn't mention Emma/Riptide? Maybe there are more updates for this viral site?

Anyway, I haven't visited the site yet but they didn't really name Angel Salvadore as Tempest?

Last edited:
It seems to me that the article's timeline can't be consistent with that of the original films. The article speaks of present-day practices of forcing mutants to wear devices when they venture outside of their designated internment camps. That doesn't seem at all similar to the early X-Films. My suspicion is that the First Class timeline is supposed to lead into X-1, and Crazy Timeline X-Men come back to warn FC X-Men of what the future could possibly be. Wonder if we'll see Crazy Timeline X-Men interact with Current Timeline X-Men at their 2014 ages as well as their FC versions.

I use this line from time to time. That show was so quotable :)
And I'm sure that almost no one in the audience would have had any qualms if Magneto or Wolverine would have burst in and killed every single one of those *******s.

I wonder why they didn't mention Emma/Riptide? Maybe there are more updates for this viral site?

Anyway, I haven't visited the site yet but they didn't really name Angel Salvadore as Tempest?

One of her code names is Tempest. It didn't surprise me that they chose this name in article.

1963 "Summer of Hate". Several mutants across the country were killed that year, including two members of Lehnsherr's Brotherhood of Mutants. Azazel and Tempest were slain by Project: Wide awake operatives in July. Records state mutant duo ambushed the operatives.

I think Emma and Riptide didn't participate in that ambush. Or when Azazel and Tempest were killed they just run away, maybe even to another country.

Last edited:
It was weird though how the website used the name Tempest when not one instance in FC was she ever called Tempest.

They probably didn't want to call her as "Angel Salvadore" or "Angel" to separate the Angel that we saw in X3. Anyway, they should have called her Tempest in FC. I didn't like how they called her Angel like as if there wasn't an Angel in the previously released X-Men movie.
I think Emma and Riptide didn't participate in that ambush. Or when Azazel and Tempest were killed they just run away, maybe even to another country.

Emma has nine-lives. Next time she'd pop up in the next movie for some reason. Anyway, they should have included her in this movie.

As X-man Angel Salvadore called herself Angel. In Hellfire club she was Black Queen. When she joined Brotherhood she became Tempest :D

They probably didn't want to call her as "Angel Salvadore" or "Angel" to separate the Angel that we saw in X3. Anyway, they should have called her Tempest in FC. I didn't like how they called her Angel like as if there wasn't an Angel in the previously released X-Men movie.

Emma has nine-lives. Next time she'd pop up in the next movie for some reason. Anyway, they should have included her in this movie.

Emma would be a better assassin to kill a president or anyone else for that matter. The Mystique we saw at the end of FC doesn't seem like an assassin.

Emma would be a better assassin to kill a president or anyone else for that matter. The Mystique we saw at the end of FC doesn't seem like an assassin.

There is obviously more that happened in them 10 years that changed mystique, probably not like mystique just waking up one morning and being like wow I suddenly know how to fight, but a lot can happen

Last edited:
Maybe something happened in the 10 years and Mystique killed January Jones' White Queen (Yay!) :)

Maybe something happened in the 10 years and Mystique killed January Jones' White Queen (Yay!) :)
Certainly possible. Emma has that effect on people. Then again, Lawrence has said that the assassination at the center of the film is her first kill.

Id really like to see Emma again, and January again.

I think under Singer direction and a different plot and scenes, she could play her much better

Don't forget Singer wanted Emma Frost in his films and to played by Sigourney Weaver. That would have been interesting, so yeah I want january back and with Singers Direction

i do wonder what the idea behind killing off them 2 characters, i kinda get it with azazel after all you would need an excuse why mystique would give up baby nightcrawler and why he wasn't around for it (if they want to explain mystique is his mother of course) as for tempest i think she wasn't a character that screamed possibilities either way

Id really like to see Emma again, and January again.

I think under Singer direction and a different plot and scenes, she could play her much better

I would also love to see Emma again. And if they don't want (or can't get) January, then Alice Eve is a great option.

I believe they also looked at Sarah Harding (from UK pop group Girls Aloud, she is blonde, a lingerie model and has the right look but not a lot of acting skills).

I personally dont like Alice for Emma.

yeah, she looks awesome on pics, but acting she doesnt give me Emma. January have a better look for the character, more sophisticated, is older and I think taller too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"