Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

As X-man Angel Salvadore called herself Angel. In Hellfire club she was Black Queen. When she joined Brotherhood she became Tempest :D

She never had a codename in First Class, "Angel" was her 1st name and thats why she used it, though her name is also fitting to her wings. Who knows, when she joined the Brotherhood, Mystique gave her a new codename.

Emma would be a better assassin to kill a president or anyone else for that matter. The Mystique we saw at the end of FC doesn't seem like an assassin.

In First Class, she seemed more ruthless than Mystique. I just think they could done have more especially its Emma Frost, then her powers, telepathy and diamond form. They could also play with her outfits since its the 70s.
I would also love to see Emma again. And if they don't want (or can't get) January, then Alice Eve is a great option.

I believe they also looked at Sarah Harding (from UK pop group Girls Aloud, she is blonde, a lingerie model and has the right look but not a lot of acting skills).

My God! Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud! She would have been fantastic!

Last edited:
I personally dont like Alice for Emma.

yeah, she looks awesome on pics, but acting she doesnt give me Emma. January have a better look for the character, more sophisticated, is older and I think taller too.

There's something TV movieish out of Alice Eve. I can't explain it.

January Jones was easily the weakest part of FC. You could replace her with a blowup doll and nobody would notice.

I think Kravitz was worse...

It would be a neat scene to have her performing in 1973 and suddenly being ambushed by a Sentinel. :up:
No, I think that Jones was worse, Kravitz didn't actively annoy me. She was just there.

There's something TV movieish out of Alice Eve. I can't explain it.
I love her in STID, and I would point out that George Clooney started out as a TV star. Hugh Jackman was a stage actor before he got his big break.

Well since DOFP takes place 10 years after First Class and then we don't know how long a third FC movie will take place after DOFP, they could certainly get away with hiring an older actress to play Emma if she returns again.

No explanation needed.

yes, because only Emma will get older, right? :funny:

i liked january, she did have the cattyish attitude emma does but was still repressed by sexism. if she was under singer i bet we would get some far more cynical sarcasm from her. give her a chance. emma wasnt a huge player in fc

in fact, all the female characters of FC, except Mystique, had poor material and development.

I liked her too, its just that she just hadnt an awesome role, you know, hehe.

I would have liked to see her being the Moira of the comics, and a better development of the feelings between her and Charles.

for a non mutant character moira actually had a good role in FC

it was decent, yeah, but could have been better, with the Charles stuff been more developed

No, I think that Jones was worse, Kravitz didn't actively annoy me. She was just there.

Funny thing is it's Kravitz that actively annoys me. January Jones can't act but she doesn't elicit strong feelings from me that Kravitz does.

This is officially the Hate-Thread LOL

yes, because only Emma will get older, right? :funny:

They can always just say she had plastic surgery.

January have a better look for the character, more sophisticated, is older and I think taller too.

I agree. She had the right look (and her wardrobe was fabulous as well).

My problem with January's portrayal was her flat, monotone, little-girlish voice. It works great for her Mad Men character, but it really limits her outside of that particular character. I don't know if any director could change that.

Jones was more terrible simply for her acting.

Kravitz's acting was fine. It was Angel that was a bit silly. Even for something as fantasy-based as X-Men, I just couldn't help but giggle when she was flying around and spitting fireballs everywhere.

Jones was more terrible simply for her acting.

Kravitz's acting was fine. It was Angel that was a bit silly. Even for something as fantasy-based as X-Men, I just couldn't help but giggle when she was flying around and spitting fireballs everywhere.

I didn't mind her power display, I just felt like it was a fairly weak performance, though the role was kind of awful to begin with.

"I'm a stripper - I seem to enjoy it! Oh, cool! i can be a secret agent and help the world! Oh wait, those men were picking on me -AND ONLY ME - for being a freak! Wah! Wait, I can, like, be a queen, you say? Guys, this is totally groovy and we belong with our kind... yes, I know, I'm flaky as ****. Deal with it. Oh, my friend Darwin just got killed? I'm cool with that, lol, let's get going Azazel! Oh, look at me holding hands with Riptide and Azazel, being all intimidating-like! ****, I've got a metal dress... I love having a maniac dictator sugar daddy! Now it's time to fight! Flippity-flap, let's try to kill my buddies! Damn, downed by a stray hula hoop! Oh well, I'll go with Magneto now!"

I mean, for real?

Friends? She was with Darwin one or two days. Angel is badass, and she fits better to villain team.

She was hardly a badass. I could never pinpoint who Zoe Kravitz reminds me of, but I finally got it now. She's a poor man's Michelle Rodriguez (with Michelle Rodriguez being a poor man's Michelle Rodriguez) :o

She really wasn't necessary. They could've come up with better Hellfire Club characters than an Azazel, a Riptide and a "Tempest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"