THE OFFICIAL: Off-Topic Thread!

I didn't know Zer00 got himself banned.

ooops double post, my bad.

Considering your name it would bit pointless in me arguing my case for why I believe your wrong, or why she has any fans :cwink:

So I can't talk to you about ghosts? Well that sucks, I enjoy ghosts.... We all have our opinions, my SN doesn't mean mine is any less than yours. I happen to be a diver of over 20 years, and I truly respect the work that they put into "Into The Blue"...has nothing to do with a SN, has everything to do with what I enjoy doing, and the type movies I enjoy watching. Not really any more complicated than that....:cwink: But do I debate people as far as why they should or shouldn't like her.......no.......I leave that up to others around here. :yay:

As far as your other question, there has been quite a bit of discussion in Community on that matter....

I didn't know Zer00 got himself banned.

I didn't either until Hunter told me the other day...pretty much the discussion has been in other places besides here.....

Many have asked for him to be reinstated, and only banned for awhile, but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

oookk now I see why Thanks Hunter, and AF

Since that thread is closed from posting, I will throw my 2 cents in here. zero0 and I have gone round and round a few times, but I had no problem with him. He was harmless as far as I was concerned, and I took his comments with a grain of salt. He was never beligeren. As those who know me when I was The Thing 2005, you know I was banned, and then had my my id closed, for a bogus reason, why I am now known by this id. But that is water under the bridge. I am the way I am, and will never change. When you're right I'll tell you so, when you are wroung, IMO I'll tell you so. If you want to get nasty, we can go there also. I never back down, don't care who you are. So lets all try to get along. :word:

Hhahauahuah!!!

Why are you laughing? He is speaking for me and many other Americans. Please keep Bush and give us Brazilian Booty. :woot:

As for Alba inviting people to kiss her butt... she's nutters. That's like inviting a riot. :wow:

Since that thread is closed from posting, I will throw my 2 cents in here. zero0 and I have gone round and round a few times, but I had no problem with him. He was harmless as far as I was concerned, and I took his comments with a grain of salt. He was never beligeren. As those who know me when I was The Thing 2005, you know I was banned, and then had my my id closed, for a bogus reason, why I am now known by this id. But that is water under the bridge. I am the way I am, and will never change. When you're right I'll tell you so, when you are wroung, IMO I'll tell you so. If you want to get nasty, we can go there also. I never back down, don't care who you are. So lets all try to get along. :word:

1. you're still here......he's not.....BIG DIFFERENCE in the banning of your SN......

2. you're banning was a slap on the wrist, his banning is hand cuffs to the back.......ie.....no more posting at the hype....BIG DIFFERENCE.....:word:

Does anyone here know why Zer00 got banned?

He was banned for breaking several of the site's rules on a consistent basis--despite many warnings and probationary measures. The decision was reached after taking into account several factors that the majority of the Hype populace are likely unaware of. The site's owner discussed it with the senior staff members and that was the decision that was made.

THE Albafan said:
2. you're banning was a slap on the wrist, his banning is hand cuffs to the back.......ie.....no more posting at the hype....BIG DIFFERENCE.....

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. You two are comparing two totally different cases involving two totally different users. People really need to stop "cookie-cutting" these situations; variables differ from case to case. In other words, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that one may not be aware of.

Everyone, please keep in mind that we monitor users' behavior on a global level--which means we log complaints that pour in from every nook and cranny of this website--not just forums of your preference. Therefore, it would be unfair to pass judgement on a situation like this based only on your personal experience and/or friendship with a poster, since many other users may have had a far different experience with him or her.

The Hype Administration takes all of this under consideration before making a ruling.

He was banned for breaking several of the site's rules on a consistent basis--despite many warnings and probationary measures. The decision was reached after taking into account several factors that the majority of the Hype populace are likely unaware of. The site's owner discussed it with the senior staff members and that was the decision that was made.

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. You two are comparing two totally different cases involving two totally different users. People really need to stop "cookie-cutting" these situations; variables differ from case to case. In other words, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that one may not be aware of.

Everyone, please keep in mind that we monitor users' behavior on a global level--which means we log complaints that pour in from every nook and cranny of this website--not just forums of your preference. Therefore, it would be unfair to pass judgement on a situation like this based only on your personal experience and/or friendship with a poster, since many other users may have had a far different experience with him or her.

The Hype Administration takes all of this under consideration before making a ruling.

ACTUALLY, I wasn't comparing them AT ALL......I was showing also how different they were.....I didn't compare the circumstances, I simply showed that Thing 2005 banning and Zer00's banning are different....nothing else....and nothing personal in my post......if thats how it is, then theres nothing to be done about it.....NOR am I passing judgment on anything....my thread in Community had nothing do with friendship with Zer00, we weren't friends....I was simply speaking of the severity of the punishment, not the fact that he should have been punished....as far as my comments here.....they had nothing to do with that.... I also didn't cookie cutter anything, I actually haven't talked on here about the details. I was simply replying to Carpies apparent comparison of his banning to Zer00s, and as you have said, theres no comparison.

Things banning WAS a slap on the wrist, how? because he is still posting.....nothing wrong with that....but it certainly isn't in the same category as Zer00's banning. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT CIRCUMSTANCES....geeeeez. The circumstances are different duh. But Carpy seemed to be putting himself into the same category, and as you just said, its not.

Its nothing personal towards mods as a whole, or individuals, I made that quite clear in the thread that I started...I know that there are always circumstances to situations that we will never know....I know the circumstances of this situation, and understand a banning was in order....I actually feel that way about alot of posters....lmao.......many of which are still posting freely....but hey its done, and not much else to be done about it. AS for me, and my posting, nothing personal involved, just an opinion. *smiles*

Heck, all I did was open my mouth once too often, but that's the way I am, and I dont apoligize for it. Then they said I created a 2nd id here, which I did not, and I'm still waiting to see the proff. I was proud of the user name I selected. It showed my pride in The Thing, and po'd me no end when it was taken away. Some can not stand to hear the truth. Some can't stand the passion with which I stand up for my opinion, and the way I rip someone elses opinion to picies, when all it is intended to do to cause trouble, or demine the FF, and that is not happening on my watch. Some said I owed someone an apoligy, and I said it will be a cold day in hell. I apoligize when I am wroung, but when someone is trying to throw their weight around, I throw it back. ( Gets down off soapbox ).

Heck, all I did was open my mouth once too often, but that's the way I am, and I dont apoligize for it. Then they said I created a 2nd id here, which I did not, and I'm still waiting to see the proff. I was proud of the user name I selected. It showed my pride in The Thing, and po'd me no end when it was taken away. Some can not stand to hear the truth. Some can't stand the passion with which I stand up for my opinion, and the way I rip someone elses opinion to picies, when all it is intended to do to cause trouble, or demine the FF, and that is not happening on my watch. Some said I owed someone an apoligy, and I said it will be a cold day in hell. I apoligize when I am wroung, but when someone is trying to throw their weight around, I throw it back. ( Gets down off soapbox ).

Why are you trying to make out like any of the things in this post are remotely true,you are a good entertainer for sure but free speech activist and debate warrior you are not.

Heck, all I did was open my mouth once too often, but that's the way I am, and I dont apoligize for it. Then they said I created a 2nd id here, which I did not, and I'm still waiting to see the proff. I was proud of the user name I selected. It showed my pride in The Thing, and po'd me no end when it was taken away. Some can not stand to hear the truth.

No.

You lost your s/n because you were being an ass. Trolling is unnacceptable--I don't care what the topic is, or how zealous one may be for it. There are codes of conduct and there are polite ways of communicating your point passionately without being rude. As a fellow FF diehard fan I have no problem with the reasons why you defend the comic--my issue was with your methods. You couldn't find that balance and for that reason you were stripped of your original moniker.

And of course it goes without saying that should similar behavior happen again, history can always repeat itself.

Some said I owed someone an apoligy, and I said it will be a cold day in hell. I apoligize when I am wroung, but when someone is trying to throw their weight around, I throw it back. ( Gets down off soapbox ).

:whatever: :o

PDVD_396.jpg

A cold day in hell can always be arranged.

Wroung. YOU told ME that the reason I loss my account was because I created a 2nd id during my ban, which I did not, I still say I did not, and will continue to say I did not. Period. Be thankfull I don't speak my mind right now. I don't like being called a liar. And don't try to pawn a mistake you made onto me. And you come on here and call me an ass, and have the word masterbate in your sig., and thats ok ? sheesh.

Oh hell Carpy, I will be one that will never ask you for an apology.....but I do have a request, could you spell "wroung" the "right" way.....as in "wrong"......PLEASE...... I won't EVEN mention the other words....EVER again.....:cwink: :oldrazz:

Oh hell Carpy, I will be one that will never ask you for an apology.....but I do have a request, could you spell "wroung" the "right" way.....as in "wrong"......PLEASE...... I won't EVEN mention the other words....EVER again.....:cwink: :oldrazz:

Ok teach. :oldrazz:

Wroung. YOU told ME that the reason I loss my account was because I created a 2nd id during my ban, which I did not, I still say I did not, and will continue to say I did not. Period. Be thankfull I don't speak my mind right now. I don't like being called a liar. And don't try to pawn a mistake you made onto me. And you come on here and call me an ass, and have the word masterbate in your sig., and thats ok ? sheesh.

There are IP checks Carpster and you should be thankful you didn't speak your mind as you can end up the same way as Zer00 only with a lot less mourners.

Your first banning was for constant instigation and fighting in the BO threads with the DC fans.you spent a lot of the summer in the SR BO thread despite not seeing the movie also enjoying it's less than stellar performance,don't push your luck.

Wroung. YOU told ME that the reason I loss my account was because I created a 2nd id during my ban

That was an element of it, yes. But what led up to you being put on probation in the first place? Um hmm...your general reputation of issue-brewing. And it was the defiance of the act that sealed that s/n's fate. "Period."

which I did not, I still say I did not, and will continue to say I did not.

Users "say" that all the time. But thankfully our systems here say differently. What a shame that a user with identical...spelling patterns, uber-Marvel bragging, box office obsession and the same IP all showed up during your probation. Then again, perhaps if you had heeded our warnings and played by the rules in the first place you wouldn't have been in that predicament. BTW: Why are we talking about your case anyways? Stop ****ing attention! :p

Be thankfull I don't speak my mind right now.

Carpy,

You should be thankful that your online chest-beating antics are a source of amusement to me. I suggest you read Hunter's post above and quit while you're ahead; you wouldn't want me to stop laughing and get serious now...would you? :cool:

ACTUALLY, I wasn't comparing them AT ALL......I was showing also how different they were.....I didn't compare the circumstances, I simply showed that Thing 2005 banning and Zer00's banning are different....nothing else....and nothing personal in my post......if thats how it is, then theres nothing to be done about it.....NOR am I passing judgment on anything....my thread in Community had nothing do with friendship with Zer00, we weren't friends....I was simply speaking of the severity of the punishment, not the fact that he should have been punished....as far as my comments here.....they had nothing to do with that.... I also didn't cookie cutter anything, I actually haven't talked on here about the details. I was simply replying to Carpies apparent comparison of his banning to Zer00s, and as you have said, theres no comparison.

Things banning WAS a slap on the wrist, how? because he is still posting.....nothing wrong with that....but it certainly isn't in the same category as Zer00's banning. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT CIRCUMSTANCES....geeeeez. The circumstances are different duh. But Carpy seemed to be putting himself into the same category, and as you just said, its not.

Its nothing personal towards mods as a whole, or individuals, I made that quite clear in the thread that I started...I know that there are always circumstances to situations that we will never know....I know the circumstances of this situation, and understand a banning was in order....I actually feel that way about alot of posters....lmao.......many of which are still posting freely....but hey its done, and not much else to be done about it. AS for me, and my posting, nothing personal involved, just an opinion. *smiles*

Oh, I didn't take anything in your post personally. As a moderator at my favorite Fantastic Four-themed site I know you understand exactly where I'm coming from. My post was directed to everyone here that has questions about how we do things here.

It's interesting: With all the many times that Zer00 was warned and put on probation one would have thought we'd see improvement in his behavior. Yet, the moment he's banned, a few members here feel that the staff hasn't been patient enough with him....*shakes head*

Zer00 and I had good times on these boards in the past...he cracked me up many times. But it's not about ONLY my personal experience with him. I guess at the end of the day, it makes me wonder why we even put folks on probation over and over and over and over again, if they're not going to grow from the experience and bring something better to the Hype community. If certain repeat offenders can't learn from prior disciplinary actions, what on earth makes people think they can suddenly do a 180 with a new s/n? :whatever:

Whatever. ( smiles, shrugs shoulders, turns around, walks away, to continue down lifes road ). :woot: I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"