THE OFFICIAL: Off-Topic Thread!

It's interesting: With all the many times that Zer00 was warned and put on probation one would have thought we'd see improvement in his behavior. Yet, the moment he's banned, a few members here feel that the staff hasn't been patient enough with him....*shakes head*
How many times was zer00 put on probation, actually?

I only recall it happening once or twice in three years.

Yeah, I've only seen him on probation twice, really :o

Never more than that over the past months

The warnings on the FF threads are the only ones that I know of, and maybe a few on the Community.

It's all just bull **** the mods are blowing at us so we'll shut up.

To put it all bluntly.

Oh, I didn't take anything in your post personally. As a moderator at my favorite Fantastic Four-themed site I know you understand exactly where I'm coming from. My post was directed to everyone here that has questions about how we do things here.

It's interesting: With all the many times that Zer00 was warned and put on probation one would have thought we'd see improvement in his behavior. Yet, the moment he's banned, a few members here feel that the staff hasn't been patient enough with him....*shakes head*

Zer00 and I had good times on these boards in the past...he cracked me up many times. But it's not about ONLY my personal experience with him. I guess at the end of the day, it makes me wonder why we even put folks on probation over and over and over and over again, if they're not going to grow from the experience and bring something better to the Hype community. If certain repeat offenders can't learn from prior disciplinary actions, what on earth makes people think they can suddenly do a 180 with a new s/n? :whatever:

Well thats good I'm glad, I truly meant nothing personal.....and as far as your last paragraph....I agree.....IN FACT, thats really where my problem is......there are several.....that have had more than one SN, a few on here right now.....(no Carpy I'm not speaking of you...so no need for another chest beating bloviation post....lol :cwink: )....but a few others, and one has actually been, IMO, has brought alot to the discussions since the SN change....but no that doesn't happen all the time, I understand that.....I just feel like that in my time here, there have been some that have TOTALLY deserved banning, and yet were never even warned in PM's or posts.....to me there have been so many "by's" given over the past few years that its going to be very hard to take a hard line, or even a fair line and not hear about it from the members of the hype.....Unfortunately, I think this is just the beginning in a long line of griping.....so good luck, and peace be with you......lol:oldrazz:

(no Carpy I'm not speaking of you...so no need for another chest beating bloviation post....lol :cwink: )

:woot: You know we're cool. I spoke part of my mind, and I feel better. If you met me on the street, you'd like me. I'm really an easy person to get along with. Just don't tick me off. Like Bill Bixby said in The Hulk tv show, don't make me angry, you would not like me when I'm angry. :woot: Favoritism happens in all walks of life. Every company, every walk of life. It's just human nature. You have your favorites and they can do no wroung. Here is no different. I've been called an idiot, an ass, and many different names during my 2 years here, but thats ok. I've never called anyone a name. I state my opinion, I fight for my opinion, and I call others on their opinions. You may not like the way I do it, but that's the way I am.

^^ Don't know what to say here, I feel saddened somehow. LS said zero would not change his ways and you know, it is hard to change your ways.

......I wish zero could have changed his ways. Heck I never had a conversation with him, heck I still consider myself a floater. i will make a comment here and there in a run and gun manner.

I tend to watch a lot of the conversations rather than partcipate sometimes unless something really gets me going, but I am touched by the passion people have for one thing or the other. I see that this forum means something to them. I used to come here just to read the news and now everyday I hang out in Malus cover countdown or in some other thread.

I know the regulars now, albafan (JMAFAN?) and J alb's lover, Carp, AD, Willie, mattc, horatio, Iron Maiden, Nokio, Noir, the twins when they show up, Hunter Rider who did my avatar and LS who clearly is a lifelong FF Fan.

I understand LS's reasoning as they obviously tried to send a message to Zer00 but I guess he could not change.

And because of that I feel sad for Zer00.

Cause bud I know where you are coming from, someone once said that sometimes you want to do good but evil presents itself and you do what you had no intention of doing.

Sorry you could not make the change buddy, guess that is why I feel a little sad tracking this discussion.

Sometimes some of us get lost in the cracks and we just can't get out.

So long Zer00, be good to yourself man.

Carp Man said:
As those who know me when I was The Thing 2005, you know I was banned, and then had my my id closed, for a bogus reason, why I am now known by this id. But that is water under the bridge. I am the way I am, and will never change. When you're right I'll tell you so, when you are wroung, IMO I'll tell you so. If you want to get nasty, we can go there also. I never back down, don't care who you are.

Carp Man said:
Some can not stand to hear the truth. Some can't stand the passion with which I stand up for my opinion, and the way I rip someone elses opinion to picies, when all it is intended to do to cause trouble, or demine the FF, and that is not happening on my watch. Some said I owed someone an apoligy, and I said it will be a cold day in hell. I apoligize when I am wroung, but when someone is trying to throw their weight around, I throw it back.

I state my opinion, I fight for my opinion, and I call others on their opinions. You may not like the way I do it, but that's the way I am.

We geeeeeeeeeeeeeeet the point......

:woot: You know we're cool. I spoke part of my mind, and I feel better. If you met me on the street, you'd like me. I'm really an easy person to get along with. Just don't tick me off. Like Bill Bixby said in The Hulk tv show, don't make me angry, you would not like me when I'm angry. :woot: Favoritism happens in all walks of life. Every company, every walk of life. It's just human nature. You have your favorites and they can do no wroung. Here is no different. I've been called an idiot, an ass, and many different names during my 2 years here, but thats ok. I've never called anyone a name. I state my opinion, I fight for my opinion, and I call others on their opinions. You may not like the way I do it, but that's the way I am.

2 years? did you have a SN before Thing 2005????

2 years? did you have a SN before Thing 2005????

No. I came here as The Thing 2005, exactualy 2 weeks befor the 1st movie opened. July 05. Thus the 2005. So this July will be 2 years unofficially I have been here. I was here 2 weeks, then the unenlightened came crawling out from under the rocks, and the battle was on.

No. I came here as The Thing 2005, exactualy 2 weeks befor the 1st movie opened. July 05. Thus the 2005. So this July will be 2 years unofficially I have been here. I was here 2 weeks, then the unenlightened came crawling out from under the rocks, and the battle was on.

Oh please, those few guys were nothing compared to what we had had months before....you missed the actual battles....those were just scrimmages after the movie was released....:word:

Oh please, those few guys were nothing compared to what we had had months before....you missed the actual battles....those were just scrimmages after the movie was released....:word:

Scrimmages are just as important. The trash was gathered, I had to go put it in the dumpster. One reason I joined the hype, saw what was going on, and had to get in on the fun. I love a good battle.

Scrimmages are just as important. The trash was gathered, I had to go put it in the dumpster. One reason I joined the hype, saw what was going on, and had to get in on the fun.

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: LMAO, you got put in the dumpster for a few days because of your fighting....:word:

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: LMAO, you got put in the dumpster for a few days because of your fighting....:word:

Not the 1st time I have been in trouble for fighting. :woot: Neighborhood I grew up in, fighting was the way you survived. I was fighting as long as I can remember. I was a tall skinny kid. Then when I got in high school started lifting weights, and bulked up from 6'3", 160 pounds, to 6'6", 284 pounds. After that was never picked on again. :woot: Never loss that battling attitude thou.

I feel like i just read the plot for a Hallmark movie of the week:dry:

Not the 1st time I have been in trouble for fighting. :woot: Neighborhood I grew up in, fighting was the way you survived. I was fighting as long as I can remember. I was a tall skinny kid. Then when I got in high school started lifting weights, and bulked up from 6'3", 160 pounds, to 6'6", 284 pounds. After that was never picked on again. :woot: Never loss that battling attitude thou.

yeah....what the hell does that have to do with stupid fights on an internet forum??????????????

Nobody gives a crap how big you are, we don't SEE you......its ALL ABOUT words.....WORDS CARPY, not weight or height....for all you know I'm a 6'7" 300 lb. linebacker for a pro football team......it doesn't matter, doesn't make you anymore formidable a foe, nor does it make you a good debater, or person to discuss anything with....

I feel like i just read the plot for a Hallmark movie of the week:dry:

It's not complete without him being caught abusing steriods and learning to depend on the strength of his will.

yeah....what the hell does that have to do with stupid fights on an internet forum??????????????

Nobody gives a crap how big you are, we don't SEE you......its ALL ABOUT words.....WORDS CARPY, not weight or height....for all you know I'm a 6'7" 300 lb. linebacker for a pro football team......it doesn't matter, doesn't make you anymore formidable a foe, nor does it make you a good debater, or person to discuss anything with....

Beauty of the internet. Gives everybody a chance to be something they are not. An alter ego if you will. You can be Bruce Banner away from the computer, and The Hulk when your sitting behind a monitor, typing on a keyboard. You can be meek, and mild manered away from the computer, and be the meanest sob there is behind a monitor, typing on a keyboard. And noone will really ever know. :woot:

I am living proof that you don't judge a book by it's cover.

Go get 'em Kel!

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Did anyone see the outtakes from the movie "I Heart Huckabees"?????

Good Lord have mercy....they are on youtube.....I don't want to post them here....but good lord...............LMAO.

I really have no idea how they ever finished shooting that movie...god damn professionals I say

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"