The Official Patty Jenkins IS the director of Wonder Woman!

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Michelle MacLaren has signed on to develop and direct Wonder Woman, Warner Bros’ big-screen take on the iconic DC character.
RECOMMENDED

'Game of Thrones' Director Top Choice for 'Wonder Woman' Movie

Oscar Isaac Nabs Villain Role in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
According to insiders, MacLaren will work with the project’s writers, which remain unnamed at this stage, to lasso together a script for the project, which would star Gal Gadot. Gadot will make her debut as the heroine in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder are among those producing the movie, which has a June 23, 2017 release date.
For the studio, MacLaren’s boarding caps off a director search that began in the summer, and for MacLaren, the deal culminates an on-and-off again dance with the Amazonian princess.
MacLaren became a favorite back in August, taking several meetings. Things cooled over the autumn as the studio widened its search. There was pressure from within to hire a woman for the job as the character has such a strong association with the notion of female empowerment. But at the same time, Hollywood realities were forcing producers and execs to acknowledge that while women directors work in the indie drama spheres or in TV comedy, few have done big-budget, CG-laden tentpoles. In fact, in recent history of comic book movies, no project has been directed by a woman.
A Wonder Woman movie has been in development, on and off, for close to two decades. The last time it had a director was in Joss Whedon, who left the project in 2007.
The studio did met with several women directors — Jennifer Kent, the director of the well-regarded female-centric horror film The Babadook, was one — while Lesli Linka Glatter, a director and co-exec producer on Homeland, was also on the list.
MacLaren was a top choice from almost beginning due to her muscular work on Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, although it’s her directing and executive producing the much-loved Breaking Bad for which she is most associated with.
The director is repped by ICM Partners.

michelle_maclaren_a_l.jpg
[/IMG]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...s-develop-direct-752055?mobile_redirect=false

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :up: :up: :up:

NOW we're talking :woot:

Happy to see the film get a director. Nice to read that she isn't just some hired goon and is developing it as well.

Yeah baby yeah! Take that you SOB haters! One of my top choices from the beginning!

Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

so+excited.gif

This is good that we finally get confirmation on this. I'm excited, but at the same time cautiously optimistic. I really want them to do WW right and not make her into the Thor films.

It's more looking like wonder woman film will become reality.

Now comes waiting to see what era film takes places.

Well I'm officially very excited for this film now, loved her work on Breaking Bad and GoT.

Sounds good.

Although I don't think it was necessary for Wonder Woman to be directed by a female director and although I think that any female director will be held to an unfairly high standard, I do think that it's pretty great that DC have engaged a talented, female director for Wonder Woman.

I don't know who she is but awesome to have a female director! I shall now use the power of Google.

EDIT: Googled and like the fact she was involved with The X-Files. :D

Last edited:
Good choice. The movie is off to a promising start.

Out of all the rumored choices, she was by far the best fit.

Sounds good.

Although I don't think it was necessary for Wonder Woman to be directed by a female director and although I think that any female director will be held to an unfairly high standard, I do think that it's pretty great that DC have engaged a talented, female director for Wonder Woman.

tumblr_inline_nbc8y1raWO1qhgb5g.jpg

Excellent choice.

God, if they can get some solid screenwriters for this, the potential is incredible.

I won't be surprised if Gail Simone boards this as a co-writer or consultant.

Super happy about MacLaren. Everything she has done I just love.

Interesting the article mentioned writerS in the plural. Sounds like WW has at least two writers like Aquaman, but doesn't seem like the WW writers are competing against each other...they're collaborating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"