The Official Patty Jenkins IS the director of Wonder Woman!

Never heard of her but she has some good credits to her name. I can't wait for this movie to start gaining more of a film crew and a cast. It would have to be fairly soon wouldn't it? BvS had that when it was 2 years away and WW is now nearly 2 years away.

I've been watching both Breaking Bad and Walking Dead on Netflix, and I've loved her work. I'm absolutely ecstatic, much more excited than before.

Breaking Bad, pffft. Walking Dead, pffft. It's all about The X-Files! :D

I am the one who knocks.

download1-600x378.jpg

I wonder if this will force Marvel's hand to get a female director for one of their films too. :hehe:

This was the only other name aside from Bigelow that I was interested in. So good pick.

I'm more interested in her thoughts on the project and creative intentions. If there has been talks since August, a lot must have been discussed. I'm just praying this isn't another Thor 2 situation, because that film disappointed the bad place out of me to the point that I'm just not interested in that property anymore.

Well, at least we know is not going to have dumb juvenile humour. :meanie:

Great choice by WB. Kevin Tsujihara is the man, and according to Geoff, also a fan!

Considering the number of your shows, was that a corporate decision?

Geoff Johns: Well, since Kevin Tsujihara took over with Warner Bros. -- he's a huge DC fan, too. His favorite character is Solomon Grundy! He really knows his stuff, and he knows the value of it. All it really takes is people like Kevin and Peter Roth and Diane [Nelson], our president, to really love the characters and support all that.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54527

Two Kevins ruling the cinematic world, funny coincidence. :woot:

I still really hope Ben directs the solo Batfleck film. I just want it. After Argo, I actually wanted to see him have another shot at Daredevil and to direct the film.

At least one Batfleck directed solo. I need it.

As long as Affleck is simply starring as batman, he can still pursue his other career. And he's clearly interested in said career. Just the other day I heard about another obsure film he's announced to develop/direct.
If he jumps into directing batman solo's the way Snyder is directing, then that's all he'll be doing(for a while). I personally don't see it.

Moreover, I have my doubts he at this age, will even be in solos. 3 DCU costume pictures(maybe an additional in a small role), all of which will be wisely used to make these cross over films all the more relevant. If they want to renegotiate for more pictures after that, WB can have fun paying him RDJ money but given how the batman brand works, that would be kinda pointless imo. They will either recast bats after this run, or work inside that universe with one of his partners/associates.

What I hearing from fans is that this man, with all his larger ambitions and his pending age is going to do all these snyder films and a bat trilogy of his own, of which he shall direct....again, I just don't see it. WB made some wise moves putting him in this. Not so different than using RDJ as Marvel will be moving forward. Long story short, I don't see him being in more than 3 of these badboys and I sure as bad place don't see him directing. But I've been wrong before.

I'm more interested in her thoughts on the project and creative intentions. If there has been talks since August, a lot must have been discussed. I'm just praying this isn't another Thor 2 situation, because that film disappointed the bad place out of me to the point that I'm just not interested in that property anymore.

Taylor was a replacement director and he apparently butt heads with Marvel. Not saying Michelle McLaren is guaranteed to make a good film because she isn't.

Interesting to hear that Taylor butted heads with Marvel as that was the criticism of Thor 2, that a TV director made it feel like a TV episode. (It was also brought up in a Modern Myth Media podcast.)

Kudos to Maclaren, big rewards sometimes require big risks. Not sure how much more of Lexi Alexanders rhetoric I could stomach.
You can't win big if you shy and cower from opportunity. If she fails, she fails.

If only she signed on to Ms. Marvel, where there is seemingly little pressure, very little at stake and slim expectation. All that with the full backing of the mcu behind you. That being said, if Gal steels the show in BvS ala Faora, her film will have alot of juice going in.

^^ is that her?

Yes.

Well, at least we know is not going to have dumb juvenile humour. :meanie:

Great choice by WB. Kevin Tsujihara is the man, and according to Geoff, also a fan!

Two Kevins ruling the cinematic world, funny coincidence. :woot:

Hail the Kevins! Had no idea about Tsujihara being a fan, that brings me great faith in the future of DC at WB. *crosses fingers*

More important than the director, is the script. Lets not forget Martin Campbell is considered a good director (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Campbell), but a bad script ruined Green Lantern. They need good writers and a great villain to make it really epic.

Yes the script was poor but Martin Campbell was not right for Green Lantern. And yes I am 20/20 hindsighting but that still doesn't mean that I'm not correct.

There were too many cooks in the GL writing kitchen. Hopefully Wonder Woman and the rest of the slate won't have that problem.

More important than the director, is the script. Lets not forget Martin Campbell is considered a good director (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Campbell), but a bad script ruined Green Lantern. They need good writers and a great villain to make it really epic.

Right, although I think it was a more than just a bad script that ruined Green Lantern. I'm not sure Campbell had much experience/understanding with directing green screen and special effects, being involved with things like Bond and Zorro that usually didn't have computer effects at the time.

Right, although I think it was a more than just a bad script that ruined Green Lantern. I'm not sure Campbell had much experience/understanding with directing green screen and special effects, being involved with things like Bond and Zorro that usually didn't have computer effects at the time.

I'm glad MacLaren is coming in early and working with the writers. Campbell seemed a bit lost with the bigger picture of GL, leaving it to Geoff Johns and the writers.

I don't get the middle option, she has done plenty of work in live action.

Anyway I am guessing the GoT eps got her the gig, all we can do is wait and see.

There were too many cooks in the GL writing kitchen. Hopefully Wonder Woman and the rest of the slate won't have that problem.
What's truly promising is the small mention of her working with the (unnamed) writers on a script. They're 3 years out, but this allows them plenty of time to collaborate on a great story and get the pre-production up and running.

Whenever a director is intimately involved from the get-go with the inner workings of a film, that's always encouraging news as it implies a strong vision coming from the head honcho rather than taking notes from the studio.

Most interesting note, if Snyder is producer, he had a major say in her offer. Can't wait for the next comic con, can't wait to find out the rest of the creative talent(see Flash). So far Ayer and Michelle got me smiling.

I don't think Snyder will be micromanaging MacLaren at all, he's someone who'll help give McLaren freedom to tell the story the way she wants to. I think they'll both talk about Wonder Woman and how to keep her consistent from BVS to WW, that's all. And maybe input on casting.

But if she's been in discussions since August before signing on, then she and studio ought to be on common ground with the story itself. So hopefully everything will come together, McLaren will assemble her BTS crew and start casting characters like Hephaestus, Steve Trevor, et al.

She basically has two and a half years to work on this.

Don't **** around with choosing the screenwriters, WB.

I don't get the middle option, she has done plenty of work in live action.

Anyway I am guessing the GoT eps got her the gig, all we can do is wait and see.

Me neither, I'm pretty sure all her work is in live action

I'm confident MacLaren knows good writing when she sees it, and she's been both a producer and director.

Experience was not the deciding factor, the Russo brothers didn't have much before Cap 2, but they had a solid script. You could have a good director, if the script sucks, then the movie won't work (ie Alan Taylor's Thor 2). Hopefully, Michelle will have the right script and deliver the WW film the world needs and deserves! :woot:

Experience was not the deciding factor, the Russo brothers didn't have much before Cap 2, but they had a solid script. You could have a good director, if the script sucks, then the movie won't work (ie Alan Taylor's Thor 2). Hopefully, Michelle will have the right script and deliver the WW film the world needs and deserves! :woot:

That's where "good director" is vague because there are directors who are skilled writers that can rewrite scripts on their own like Nolan, Whedon, Vaughn.

Nothing is guaranteed really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"