The Official Penance Thread

L

louiebling$

The Official Penance Thread is where you can discuss anything and everything that involves Penance (aka Robbie Baldwin)

I think of penance as a anti hero.... but my friend keeps arguing with me sayin he's a villian cuz he's in the thunderbolts! Wats your take.... you think? Is he a HERO? ANTI-HERO? Or VILLIAN?

He's growing on me as Penance. But I liked when Penance was Speedball and Hollow was Penance.

The story leading up to Speedball as Penance was pretty good though.

I actually like the "Relentless" miniseries so far. Jenkins is still ridiculous and isn't even trying to hide his views on current state of America anymore, but at least this is a fitting place for it.

I kind of wish Penance's skin could stop being razor-sharp so she could get closer to people. It's gotta be depressing for her, being this super-sharp being who'd kill anyone with a simple hug. :(

It's not as razor sharp as it used to be. The longer she's away from Emplate, the softer her skin becomes.

Yep, she kissed Phil Urich recently and he didn't bleed at all.

And as for Penance Vol. 2... I'm growing to like him. I liked him as Speedball but I liked the development in his character during his change and now we're seeing him all emo, which i wasn't much on at first, but have come around to. I've only read his Thunderbolts stuff though and not his Relentless mini. I wasn't really interested until I just flipped through his newest issue and saw Doom and Nitro in it. So is it any good?

It's not as razor sharp as it used to be. The longer she's away from Emplate, the softer her skin becomes.
Yeah, that was good. It's unfortunate that she latched onto Phil, who's crazy and stupid now.

Yeah. Mostly I hated the fact that her identity wasn't revealed when Cebulski implied that it would be.

Very sad that the loners ended. Many questions unanswered, but according to CB, Quesada is holding all the characters for him so maybe theres hope for future stories.

Yep, she kissed Phil Urich recently and he didn't bleed at all.

And as for Penance Vol. 2... I'm growing to like him. I liked him as Speedball but I liked the development in his character during his change and now we're seeing him all emo, which i wasn't much on at first, but have come around to. I've only read his Thunderbolts stuff though and not his Relentless mini. I wasn't really interested until I just flipped through his newest issue and saw Doom and Nitro in it. So is it any good?
Yea its really really good!!!! I really recommened it.... next issue is the last one and its Penance vs Nitro

Very sad that the loners ended. Many questions unanswered, but according to CB, Quesada is holding all the characters for him so maybe theres hope for future stories.
Well, Cebulski keeps managing to get those Fairy Tales comics published and they sell for crap. Maybe he can convince Joe Q to eat some losses on another Loners series.

I like it when writer's just leave characters alone and not pull this 'Image' Extreme stuff.

Well, Cebulski keeps managing to get those Fairy Tales comics published and they sell for crap. Maybe he can convince Joe Q to eat some losses on another Loners series.

Ceb has claimed that internally, the editorial board likes his LONERS pitches. After all, it was no accident that they got to be in the Marvel Holiday Special. Naturally the problem is sales & buzz; if they create some buzz for it, or if the digest/trade for the first LONERS mini does well, then another mini may be possible.

Still thinks that Penance had to give her name to Emoball for "Hollow". And, yeah, she kissed Urich without cutting him, so she may just be a bit like Edward Scissorhands and just need to watch the claws. ;)

Yeah, but the Fairy Tales get published with ****ty sales, as you're so fond of pointing out yourself. I don't understand why we can't get another Loners series in spite of the sales.

Yeah, but the Fairy Tales get published with ****ty sales, as you're so fond of pointing out yourself. I don't understand why we can't get another Loners series in spite of the sales.

Precisely. But, the Marvel bullpen is not always someplace where logic flows freely. :o

is Penance/Hollow the same chick that was originally intended in Gen X? I remember reading that it was someone new inhabiting the shell.

is Penance/Hollow the same chick that was originally intended in Gen X? I remember reading that it was someone new inhabiting the shell.

In GENERATION X, they had Penance show up and there was no clue given as to who was in that form, or whether the form even had a host (for all we know, the body could have inherited some of the psychic bits from the various hosts it had, or something).

Ceb promised to get into that with THE LONERS, but it didn't come up in 6 issues. He obviously has enough ideas for another 12, but it remains to be seen whether he'll get that chance. Her name is Hollow now, she was taken in by Fujikuwa Labs and apparently knows Namie/Red Ronin 2.0 from there.

Penance is the same chick that was a member of Generation X from the start, yes. She was originally a sort of shell in which the the real Monet St. Croix was trapped in. The M that was running around at the time was the merging of her two younger sisters, the twins Claudette and Nicole. When they separated, they freed M from the Penance shell and took her place within it. According to Cebulski, there's someone else in there now, though.

I ask because I've read that the original intent was that Penance was just a mute girl, and it was later that they threw in the Monet/twins thing(which really didn't make much sense to me).

and what the hell happened to the twins anyway? They'd fit right in with the Loners.:huh:

I ask because I've read that the original intent was that Penance was just a mute girl, and it was later that they threw in the Monet/twins thing(which really didn't make much sense to me).

and what the hell happened to the twins anyway? They'd fit right in with the Loners.:huh:

Actually, the original intent was something completely different, but Lodbell never got the chance to do it. I can't remember what it was, as there were so many rumors about it at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"