Movies with moments of greatness but ultimately suck

To me, he was the most underdeveloped lol.

harry in Sm3 was good

The start of Die Another Die. Bond gets captured, they get him back and he is all worn out and has a beard. He then escapes, swims Hong Kong harbour and enters the best hotel in the city all naked and wet like he's wearing an Armani suit! BADASS!

He then tops it off by exposing the Chinese spy working there and gets him to help him.

Totally forgot about that! That beginning made me think the movie has so much promise...too bad it went downhill from there! Only saw it once, one of the worst Bond films imo! :whatever:

Revenge of the Sith. The ending was good (as in after the Mustafar duel), apart from Vader's ridiculous "NOOOOOO!!!", but it did not make up for the mediocrity of the rest of the film.

Beowulf.

The Grendel scene where he busts in and slaughters everyone.

I Am Legend could of been greatness , I loved the first half of that film .

I thought Alone in the Dark (1982, slasher flick, not the Uwe Boll movie) had a great opening sequence, but other than that, and Donald Pleasance, the film wasn't much. It had a good idea, but lacked in the execution.

This is something Hollywood should be remaking, not stuff like Halloween, The Omen and Elm Street which were already perfect.

The action/fighting scenes in X-Men 3: The Last Stand and Wolverine: Origins were really well done. Too bad the writing totally sucked.

Star Wars Episode I: The lightsaber duel between Darth Maul against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

Star Wars Episode II: The lightsabre duel between Count Dooku against Obi-Wan and Anikin. I wasn't as impressed with Count Dooku vs Yoda, it looked too CGI.

Star Wars Episode III: The lightsaber duel between Palpatine and Mace Windu. The lightsaber duel between Anikin and Obi-Wan. And the lightsaber duel between Palpatine and Yoda (they finally got the CGI to look somewhat decent).

Star Wars Episode I: The lightsaber duel between Darth Maul against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

Star Wars Episode II: The lightsabre duel between Count Dooku against Obi-Wan and Anikin. I wasn't as impressed with Count Dooku vs Yoda, it looked too CGI.

Star Wars Episode III: The lightsaber duel between Palpatine and Mace Windu. The lightsaber duel between Anikin and Obi-Wan. And the lightsaber duel between Palpatine and Yoda (they finally got the CGI to look somewhat decent).

Phantom Menace: Qui-gon and Obi escaping the droids in the beginning and then of course the Lightsaber Duel

Attack of the Clones: Obi Wan fighting Jango Fett, Dooku trying to lure Obi Wan to the dark side, Mace beheading Jango and Boba lifting up the decapitated head, and Yoda fighting Dooku was entertaining.

Revenge of the Sith: The opening rescue of Palpatine , Order 66 , The Wookies fighting , Yoda killing clone troopers , Yoda vs Sidious , Anakin slaughtering the visceroy, The ending showing Darth Vader overlooking the Death Star and Owen Lars overlooking the sunset with baby Luke.

im kinda surprised by the amount of 'Temple of Doom' hate becaue I love it. It may not be the best Indy film, but it's better than Crystal Skull and the prequels, anyday.

LONG LIVE SHORTROUND.

Short Round >>>>>> Mutt. Fact.

Teeth.

This should have been one of those freaky films, filled with sick, trashy humor. And there are a couple of moments where it manages to be just that.

But for the most part... the movie is just f**king boring. How you can make a movie about a girl with a toothed vagina boring is beyond me, but the hack at the helm of this movie managed to do just that. I couldn't believe it when I realized that this movie was making me doze. What makes it so bad is that nothing interesting even HAPPENS in-between the freaky parts. And the lead actress - who went to Julliard - delivers about as flat a performance as I've ever seen. The movie, as a whole, is an epic failure, IMO. Though it did receive positive reviews.

The start of Die Another Die. Bond gets captured, they get him back and he is all worn out and has a beard. He then escapes, swims Hong Kong harbour and enters the best hotel in the city all naked and wet like he's wearing an Armani suit! BADASS!

He then tops it off by exposing the Chinese spy working there and gets him to help him.

This. The bond films were getting pretty bland by this time, and i thought this scene rocked more than anything in any bond film of the last 20 years (thats saying something) who would have known that after that would follow the most inane cookie cutter bond flick.

Rob Zombie's Halloween

The scene where Michael Myers kills Rob & Linda. It was enough like the original scenes from the original movie, but there were enough changes for it to look fresh & new. Unfortunately the rest of the movie was s#!t.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake): The close up of Jessica Biel's ass as she was walking up to the farmhouse.

Meet The Spartans: When the 13 Spartans skip off to battle, hand in hand, singing "I Will Survive". Also when King Leonedas is kicking celebrities into The Pit Of Death. You gotta admit, those scenes were pretty funny.

Well, X-Men: The Last Stand had Beast, Angel, Iceman icing up, and the Danger Room (complete with a Sentinel and the fastball special).

Spider-Man 3 had a pretty cool fight sequence between Spidey and New Goblin, and a nice score behind it. Other than that... Well, you know.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End had a moment of brilliance in the death scene of Lord Cutler Beckett (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcLybhbChQ).

Avatar had a few things going for it. Lots of special effects, 3D, and... Well, I can't think of any moments of greatness because I didn't like it.

If I think of any others, I'll edit this post.

Matrix Reloaded.

Neo vs. multiple Smiths fight is very entertaining. The cgi is a bit shaky at times but still very entertaining part of an otherwise mediocre film.

Matrix Reloaded.

Neo vs. multiple Smiths fight is very entertaining. The cgi is a bit shaky at times but still very entertaining part of an otherwise mediocre film.

Meh, the whole scene looked too much like a video game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"