The Official PHOTOS Thread

I would so make a smiley of her using that pic if I wasn't going to an interview in 10 minutes. :doh:

I do not mind leaving Don Blake out of the movie Thor.

The only reason Lee and Kirby did it was that was the norm for the time, the hero must have a secret identity [and it was left over gimmick form the aborted Kirby/Lee Spider-Man].

They even got rid of it for a few years in the middle of their greatest run on Thor, and Walt Simonson killed the character during his run - both creators realized how useless he was to the concept.

I think Blake can be very useful. JMS has shown this.
The uses he's had in the past were for different reasons. The Movie has Blake just as a name, and alias to a powerless Thor.

At the panel they mentioned that Blake has a role in this film. they didnt go into details but said something along the lines "fans of Donald Blake will not be disappointed" Also they gave out shirts that had little Hello my name is Donald Blake M.D. Which i got. Don't know if thats a hint

Most people are speculating that Thor will be called "Don Blake" at some point in the movie. No transformation or anything. Given the "Hello, my name is..." sign, I'm personally thinking that maybe Jane slaps it on his chest to try and make him blend in at some point.

Most people are speculating that Thor will be called "Don Blake" at some point in the movie. No transformation or anything. Given the "Hello, my name is..." sign, I'm personally thinking that maybe Jane slaps it on his chest to try and make him blend in at some point.
very possible, it probably has no relevance at all.

In the comics, Thor wasn't just cast out of Asgard for his arrogance; Odin recreated him as a mortal named Donald Blake. Blake was crippled, so he walked with a limp and had to use a cane. Odin replaced Thor's memories with those of a human life as Blake and dropped him on a college campus. Blake studied medicine and became a surgeon. Years later, when Odin thought he was ready, Odin gave Blake a yearning to visit Norway, where he became trapped in a cave and found a gnarled wooden stick. He tried to use the stick as a lever to move the stone blocking his way out of the cave, but he failed because he was too weak. In frustration, he slammed the stick against the rock. He was transformed back into Thor and the stick became his hammer, Mjolnir.

The point was to teach Thor humility by not only stripping him of his powers, but making him weak and vulnerable even by human standards.

After having TheCorpulent1 explain this Donald Blake character I'm glad he isn't in the movie, as he makes no sense whatsoever. How is a god supposed to learn his lesson about humility when he can't remember being a god?. How can you learn to be humble when you can't remember being arrogant & selfish?.

Steve

Thor remembered his time as Don Blake after he regained his power. So no, Don Blake wouldn't actively be doing any kind of penance for Thor's arrogance; the life of Don Blake would simply remain with Thor to temper his arrogance going forward.

Also Man of Steel, WITHOUT the Humanity, Thor can't understand the human way of thinking in the comics. Looks like they're avoiding that in the movie tho.
The NEW Blake seems like Thor's Jimminie Cricket like a subconscious, somewhat of a guide at times, unlike the original Blake and Jake Olsen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"