• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Masterful single player games is what Naughty Dog does best, but I was not glad when Factions was announced canceled. I already didn't like when tlou2 didn't include multiplayer and the separate game getting axed was adding insult to injury.

The first game's multiplayer was its own unique kind of fun.
Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I’m sure I would have enjoyed Factions a lot and would have much preferred it was already out and thriving. But given the severe development issues it fell into, I wanted the drama over and either release it asap or move back full focus onto the next single player narrative game. With that they can move the whole industry forward with the next gen equivalent of an Uncharted 2. Having started Hellblade 2 it shows what next gen visuals and sounds are capable of and seeing this on a full length Naughty Dog effort is going to be an amazing experience when it finally arrives.

Now, that's an enticing thought.
You have my attention!
Masterful single player games is what Naughty Dog does best, but I was not glad when Factions was announced canceled. I already didn't like when tlou2 didn't include multiplayer and the separate game getting axed was adding insult to injury.

The first game's multiplayer was its own unique kind of fun.
Co-signed. ND never misses with the single player games but the same can be said for the multiplayer too. The pace for TLOU may not be for everyone but I liked it for it's simplicity. Then there's the Uncharted multiplayer (specifically 3 and 4) which is just all out chaotic fun. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I’m sure I would have enjoyed Factions a lot and would have much preferred it was already out and thriving. But given the severe development issues it fell into, I wanted the drama over and either release it asap or move back full focus onto the next single player narrative game. With that they can move the whole industry forward with the next gen equivalent of an Uncharted 2. Having started Hellblade 2 it shows what next gen visuals and sounds are capable of and seeing this on a full length Naughty Dog effort is going to be an amazing experience when it finally arrives.
Hellblade 2 may be a contender for the best looking game ever. I haven't played the game but going back to the launch trailer of the game, it reminded me of the controversy of Killzone 2's E3 reveal about they used prerendered visuals to exhibit the game; but the final product ended up being very close if not surpassing it and to me that makes using prerendered visuals for promotion to be okay because it was basically a target render.

I'd argue it's the same case for Hellblade 2 unless the reveal trailer was already all in-game anyway. What do you think? Since you've had the chance to start it.
You have my attention!

Co-signed. ND never misses with the single player games but the same can be said for the multiplayer too. The pace for TLOU may not be for everyone but I liked it for it's simplicity. Then there's the Uncharted multiplayer (specifically 3 and 4) which is just all out chaotic fun. Can't wait to see what they do next.
Out of all of Uncharted's multiplayer games, I think I enjoyed Uc2 the most but I played Uc4 the most. Uc4 was my go-to multiplayer game last generation outside of CoD, but having had extensive hours in the game I could tell that there were a lot of gameplay and technical issues that Naughty Dog just never bothered to address and for that they lose points for me. If your game has a multiplayer component, then you should care about maintaining and updating it.

I loved Uc2's multiplayer specifically because it had really fun co-op missions, even if they weren't going straight through the story of the game. The competitive was fun too but most of the time I played, it was for the co-op. And Uc3 definitely deserves credit because it was the first and only time the series offered split-screen co-op, in an era where the biggest IPs including Sony's is doing less and less of that.

Hellblade 2 may be a contender for the best looking game ever. I haven't played the game but going back to the launch trailer of the game, it reminded me of the controversy of Killzone 2's E3 reveal about they used prerendered visuals to exhibit the game; but the final product ended up being very close if not surpassing it and to me that makes using prerendered visuals for promotion to be okay because it was basically a target render.

I'd argue it's the same case for Hellblade 2 unless the reveal trailer was already all in-game anyway. What do you think? Since you've had the chance to start it.

Out of all of Uncharted's multiplayer games, I think I enjoyed Uc2 the most but I played Uc4 the most. Uc4 was my go-to multiplayer game last generation outside of CoD, but having had extensive hours in the game I could tell that there were a lot of gameplay and technical issues that Naughty Dog just never bothered to address and for that they lose points for me. If your game has a multiplayer component, then you should care about maintaining and updating it.

I loved Uc2's multiplayer specifically because it had really fun co-op missions, even if they weren't going straight through the story of the game. The competitive was fun too but most of the time I played, it was for the co-op. And Uc3 definitely deserves credit because it was the first and only time the series offered split-screen co-op, in an era where the biggest IPs including Sony's is doing less and less of that.
I don't know if I've seen every promo or got to those parts in the game but everything I've played through so far seems totally in line with the cinematic looking stuff I've seen beforehand. I also haven't played many of the recent big games that could be contenders for best looking, but from what I have played this is the one I'd show someone if they wanted to see next gen visuals.

I think that's the things with Naughty Dog. They are fine at multiplayer but probably not all that passionate about it, while they are industry-leading at single player narrative and do have a huge passion for it. Best to put your skills where they are utilised best, unless the devs themselves wanted a change for once (guessing more a push from above to move anything live service forward).

Now, that's an enticing thought.
So here's the full quote

I would love a Naughty dog open world game. My favorite thing about Uncharted and The Last of Us is how fluid the character movements are especially when exploring. I like the third person camera perspective, the character isnt too far from the camera unlike in Assassin's Creed. And the gunplay is very good too (except for the first Uncharted game). They have better gunplay than something like GTA V.

Exploring a couple of blocks of the city as Ellie was great in TLOU2. An open world with Naughty Dog details would be insane.

Yes. I remember the part where they were going to several buildings and they have a map of that area.

Uncharted 4 was my 1st ps4 game since my ps4 came along with it. That section in which you can drive a truck and go to several areas of that location, I think Nathan had a map as well in that section. I remember how I was in awe with how videogames progressed throughout the years. It felt like I missed a lot from 2010-2017.

I don't know if I've seen every promo or got to those parts in the game but everything I've played through so far seems totally in line with the cinematic looking stuff I've seen beforehand. I also haven't played many of the recent big games that could be contenders for best looking, but from what I have played this is the one I'd show someone if they wanted to see next gen visuals.
that's very promising. we're halfway through the generation, so it's about time we got some generational defining graphics!
I think that's the things with Naughty Dog. They are fine at multiplayer but probably not all that passionate about it, while they are industry-leading at single player narrative and do have a huge passion for it. Best to put your skills where they are utilised best, unless the devs themselves wanted a change for once (guessing more a push from above to move anything live service forward).
maybe Sony should have made Bend do the multiplayer...they do have experience working on ND's IPs in the past, so I think they could have tried doing something new still in the vein of ND. from previous leaks, we learned that Bend wanted to do a sequel to Days Gone and Sony responded to them by saying they wanted a remake of tlou1.

which we did end up getting, but not from Bend but ND themselves. Bend hasn't done anything since Days Gone, so I think it would be cool if Sony tasked them with the revival of Factions.
Me throwing out ideas...I'd love to see an open world endeavor from ND or maybe something like a time travel epic.
one really old idea I had which I know is obscure, is an Uncharted 5 that has a different protagonist - this one moment in a cutscene in Uc2 where Nathan is looking at resistance soldiers walking by, one of those soldiers could be looking right back at him and that would be the new main character.

the setting of having an ongoing civil war in Nepal was always something that sparked my interest regarding Uc2, but it was only a backdrop in the story and never really mattered. but that one Nepali foot soldier could have his own "Uncharted" story, I think. it would make a hypothetical Uc5 an anthropology but still in the same universe.

I don't expect ND to ever do this hypothetical game since they're done with the IP, but if Sony ever even did something like this, it's another project I'd expect Bend to do since they have experience with it.

I think it was confirmed that it was going to show tomorrow I am surprised Sony is still making PSVR2 Games they need to realize that no one is buying that and let it die…. Such a waste of resources

one really old idea I had which I know is obscure, is an Uncharted 5 that has a different protagonist - this one moment in a cutscene in Uc2 where Nathan is looking at resistance soldiers walking by, one of those soldiers could be looking right back at him and that would be the new main character.

the setting of having an ongoing civil war in Nepal was always something that sparked my interest regarding Uc2, but it was only a backdrop in the story and never really mattered. but that one Nepali foot soldier could have his own "Uncharted" story, I think. it would make a hypothetical Uc5 an anthropology but still in the same universe.

I don't expect ND to ever do this hypothetical game since they're done with the IP, but if Sony ever even did something like this, it's another project I'd expect Bend to do since they have experience with it.
Oh that's an interesting idea. I definitely think the Uncharted series could still be expanded upon with a new protagonist or even an existing one...that being Cutter. He was kind of "written out" in 3 and only briefly mentioned in 4 but I always thought he was a character we should've seen more of. IF we ever get an Uncharted 5 I say have him be in the Sully role for the new protagonist.

New Astro is likely to be revealed and Concord's gameplay is likely to be shown. So I wouldn't expect too much from this.

VR2, I agree that it needs to die. Its been years since PSVR was launched and aside from RE7, nothing from that platform feels like a must play. Rather than spending countless money, time and effort, we could have gotten several more single player games from Sony – that don't require a VR headset.

And PS5 Pro is likely going to be announced in another time, so this is gonna be another uneventful presentation.

Oh that's an interesting idea. I definitely think the Uncharted series could still be expanded upon with a new protagonist or even an existing one...that being Cutter. He was kind of "written out" in 3 and only briefly mentioned in 4 but I always thought he was a character we should've seen more of. IF we ever get an Uncharted 5 I say have him be in the Sully role for the new protagonist.
yeah I liked Cutter. I feel like he should have been the supporting character that showed up in Lost Legacy instead of Sam. and you're right, he was supposed to accompany and Nathan all throughout Uc3 but they had to cut his role short since the actor was gonna be in a Hobbit movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"