The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwards compatibility for PS3 **Fingers crossed**

I imagine Gaikai is probably how they'll solve backwards compatibility.

Do you have a better solution?
A bit of what they did this gen. Release two systems. A standard PS4 w/o it and a premium PS4 with the cell processor and PS3 BC. They can even come out and say the latter is a limited edition thing and will eventually be phased out and if people b-tch about the price and losing the feature then it will be their own fault for not being an early adopter as was the case with what went down with the PS3. I think something like that would be better than not offering it as an option at all. Hopefully the PS4 is powerful enough that it can handle at least PS2 BC through software like the current PS3 does with PS1 titles.

Backwards compatibility for PS3 **Fingers crossed**

Yes please. I think compared to the other two companies PlayStation is really good about BC. Even with the mishap with PS2 BC its great to play my old PS1 games on my PS3.

Sony hasn't said anything definitive about the PS4. Everything is rumors and speculation at this point

My buds and I were all talking on Live today (during a game of Grifball) and we pretty much all agreed that if Microsoft goes with the "always online" ******** that we're going PS4 next gen.

I hate that both companies seem to be attacking the used game market...but I refuse to be restricted to not being able to play my games if Live is down or whatever else.

My buds and I were all talking on Live today (during a game of Grifball) and we pretty much all agreed that if Microsoft goes with the "always online" ******** that we're going PS4 next gen.

I hate that both companies seem to be attacking the used game market...but I refuse to be restricted to not being able to play my games if Live is down or whatever else.
Agreed, which is why I can't see Microsoft going down this path if PS4 wasn't doing it as well. They'd lose so many customers to the PS4 if "always online" was required.

I wonder though...could Microsoft be arrogant enough to do it? I mean...It seems every "third" console companies seem to just get a HUGE head and assume people will buy it no matter what.

N64
PS3
Xbox 720 could follow...

If it's got the games and the price is right, the audience will follow.

Like I said in the gaming lounge, I would like to think that average gamers would be smart enough to move to more consumer friendly platforms, but I highly doubt they are.

Last edited:
Anyway... Hype train is in full force for me.

original.gif

If it's got the games and the price is right, the audience will follow.

Like I said in the gaming lounge, I would like to think that average gamers would be smart enough to move to more consumer friendly platforms, but I highly doubt they are.

I think the average gamers are; it's the frat boy, COD-Bros that aren't.

Well, however you want to label them, it's those types who make up the bulk of the 360 and to a lesser extent the PS3 user base.

Unfortunately COD is everywhere and is inescapable, I decided to get a PS3 because I felt it had better exclusives and more variety...and Uncharted...and Blu-Ray...and PS Plus...and less focus on online features IMO...and free online, and did I say Uncharted?

However I do love the universes of Halo and Gears of War. I've had Fable III a while but havent played it yet.

Yes please. I think compared to the other two companies PlayStation is really good about BC. Even with the mishap with PS2 BC its great to play my old PS1 games on my PS3.

I miss playing some oldies like Colosseum Road To Freedom and Shadow of Rome. Both PS2.

Inwas thinking about launch games and I read this comment on ign and thought if Sony managed to pull this line up I would buy ps4 day 1

Jak 4, Uncharted 4, Killzone 4, Resistance 4, Little Big Planet 3, Infamous 3, and The Last Guardian

I wonder how big the step will be graphics and animation wise. I haven't followed the news very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"