The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have faith in anything good, lol. I'll hope for TEW since you can get it new for 20 now.

well neither rumor was correct. This is the announced list:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, PS3
Fat Princess, PS3
Furi, PS4
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, PS Vita
Prince of Persia: Revelation, PS Vita
Saints Row: Gat out of bad place, PS4

Looks like PS4 is finally seeing a steady stream of retail games as this makes the third month in a row

• GI Rating 8
  • Grand Kingdom Review – A New Kind Of Strategy Domination
  • Review
    on Jul 02, 2016 at 01:00 PM
    ps4-icon.png
    ngp-icon.png

Grand Kingdom is a solid strategy/RPG, especially if you've been hankering for something new and different.
    ... More

source: GI

I mainly put it up for you (as you're always going on about this issue) lol.

I thank you for your concern. :o

but, really, it is an interesting article and I appreciate you posting it.

it just further adds to the whole "confusion" over whether these 4K systems will only "benefit" on a 4K tv.

I thank you for your concern. :o

but, really, it is an interesting article and I appreciate you posting it.

it just further adds to the whole "confusion" over whether these 4K systems will only "benefit" on a 4K tv.
It looks like you benefit for every part you upgrade, be that console or TV. But of course the best benefits (and biggest expense) come when you upgrade both.

It looks like you benefit for every part you upgrade, be that console or TV. But of course the best benefits (and biggest expense) come when you upgrade both.

true.

but if I can benefit even on my 1080p tv, then I can buy the Neo or Scorpio first, and then buy the 4K tv later on when I really need to.

And if Scorpio will indeed benefit 1080p tv owners, then I'll be more inclined to wait for that and skip buying the S next month.

true.

but if I can benefit even on my 1080p tv, then I can buy the Neo or Scorpio first, and then buy the 4K tv later on when I really need to.

And if Scorpio will indeed benefit 1080p tv owners, then I'll be more inclined to wait for that and skip buying the S next month.
Yes, going on what you've been saying before I thought that would be how you see it with this info. That's why I posted it..idea was to clear things up a bit rather than add confusion! :woot:

Yes, going on what you've been saying before I thought that would be how you see it with this info. That's why I posted it..idea was to clear things up a bit rather than add confusion! :woot:

you know me. the more info I get the more confused I get. :o

it does kind of throw a wrench in my plans to get the X1 S next month, though, as it might be more prudent to just wait for the more powerful Scorpio next year. or simply upgrade to the Neo if that is released this year.

Last edited:
so, I watched the video in that Forbes article you posted, Iceman.

and, to be quite honest, I couldn't tell much of a difference between 1080p and 4k compressed to 1080p.

Watched a few other videos on Youtube, too, and again I can't tell much of a real difference between 1080p and 4K compressed to 1080p.

I don't know what they've done with the PS4, but installing games from a disc and getting to the "ready to play" state is now almost near instantaneous.

when I 1st got the system back in 2013, it usually took a good 2-4 minutes. Now, it's done in like less than 30 seconds.

so, whatever Sony has done to the PS4, kudos!!

I don't know what they've done with the PS4, but installing games from a disc and getting to the "ready to play" state is now almost near instantaneous.

when I 1st got the system back in 2013, it usually took a good 2-4 minutes. Now, it's done in like less than 30 seconds.

so, whatever Sony has done to the PS4, kudos!!

Yeah the definitely sped it up. Though downloading day one updates can still take a tad too long.

^ updates still take time. but even though seemed to have gotten a bit faster.

PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Industry, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Adam Boyes leaves PlayStation[/FONT]
Published 29 mins ago. 26 comments.
He's off to pursue independent game development.

Adam-Boyes-Leaves-PS.jpg

Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher and Developer Relations at Sony Interactive Entertainment, is leaving PlayStation to return to game development, he announced on Twitter.

“After an incredible journey here at PlayStation, I’ve made the very hard decision to return to the world of game development,” Byoes said.
In a second tweet, Boyes added that he is “going to make games again on the independent side.”

Read More

Industry, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Adam Boyes, SIE, SIEA

Also with

TitleGrand KingdomDeveloperSpike Chunsoft Co., LTD / Monochrome CorpPublisherNISARelease DateJune 21st, 2016GenreRPGPlatformPS4, VitaAge RatingTeenOfficial Website[FONT=&quot]When I first saw Grand Kingdom the artwork immediately caught my attention.

I thought to myself “This looks like something Vanillaware would produce,” and sure enough some of that team had worked on the game. Seeing that it would have a unique turn based battle system on rails was just icing on the cake. I knew I had to check this one out. Did it meet my expectations or simply fall flat?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The story is not a strong part of this game. It is very basic and follows a group of mercenaries from a guild trying to make a name for themselves. Soon they will become entangled in the story of a sword that will bring destruction to the world. The inclusion of an overzealous rival in the story does make it a bit more interesting. Also there are more storylines for each of the four nations that unlock once you complete the main campaign, but honestly this is not the game’s main selling point.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The art in this game is simply amazing. It has that great 2D look, where it looks like living painted pictures. All of the character models are highly detailed and the game features a ton of customization options. These include outfit color, hair color, skin color, and you can even choose from quite a few voices for your characters as well. Each different weapon you equip has a different appearance and there are a lot of accessories that alter your appearance, so there is a plethora of options to choose from. Enemy models look just as great as player models. It’s been a long time since I wanted to fight a new monster just to check out its design. The stage backgrounds and overall maps look a little plain, but I think this is mostly because all of the in game models are so eye catching.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I really loved Grand Kingdom’s OST. The battle theme is just fantastic, it reminds me of some of the classic tunes we used to hear in Game Arts titles back in the day. Lots of strings, very upbeat tempo, and toe tapping beats. I wanted to fight more just so I could hear it. The voice acting here is pretty solid overall. There are a lot of different voice options for each party member you create, and you can adjust the pitch of these for even more customization. The game’s cutscenes are fully voiced as well, and there is a Japanese audio option for those that prefer it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The gameplay is where this title really shines. First off there are 17 different classes you can bring into battle. Each class has its own unique set of skills and abilities. Some examples include Dragon Mages, which are huge units that take up two party slots, but they do massive amounts of damage with normal attack and have crazy area skills; Black Knights, which can wield two swords and use a variety of elemental and status effect skills; and there are also ranged classes like Archers and Gunners that blast the enemy with crazy skills from afar. The party combinations are endless, and it may take a while to make a party that fits your play style.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You will accept missions from the menu on the main screen. There are a couple of different types of missions. All will be limited on the amount of turns you have to complete them. There are missions where you will defeat a certain number of enemy units, some where you will collect resources, and others in which you have to defend certain points on the map for a certain amount of turns. Map themselves look like a board game. Your squad and all of the enemy units will appear as chess pieces that move along the map. They enemy will move as you do, and when you engage an enemy it will use up a few turns for combat. There are also traps aplenty thrown throughout the battlefield and you will have to decide at times if you want spend points to use a field skill to remove it, take the damage, or wait a few turns to pass through safely. There are also a ton of field skills and items to turn the battle in your favor. Some of these will heal your party, while others may stop enemy troop movement for a few turns. Using these effectively is key to succeeding in certain battles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Combat itself it is a turn based affair, and your characters move on rails from side to side and move within three vertical rows. Just as each unit you control is different, their attacks will vary as well. Melee fighters will be able to chain moves together to make combo attacks. There’s nothing more satisfying then popping an enemy into the air then batting them like a baseball as they fall to ground. Ranged fighters have combo attacks as well, but these are done with a reticle that appears on the ground that moves back and forth. You will have to be very careful when aiming your attacks since they will hit your party members are well. I took me a minute to get used to some of the ranged attacks since I would end up hitting my own troops with splash damage often. You will recover a certain amount of HP back post battle, depending on how well your performed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In addition to story missions you can also engage in the endless war. This is the online component of the game. This mode is very deep with many customizable tactics, the ability to send more than one squad into battle and many other features. It is also the most confusing part of the game and I recommend you check out the online manual for in depth details on how this all works. The main thing here is that it builds up your honor within the four nations at war, allowing you to purchase and use synthesis to create a vast array of powerful weapons and crazy items to decorate your characters with.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I spent over 30 hours with Grand Kingdom and I feel like I have just scratched the surface of everything this game has to offer. The combat is a ton of fun, the music is amazing, and the 2D art style is a joy for your eyes. I played the game on both the PS4 and Vita consoles and the only difference is the Vita has some slight loading times, but these did not effect my enjoyment of it in any way. It maybe a bit weak in the story department, but for the $39.99 on the Vita or the $59.99 price tag on the PS4, you simply cannot go wrong here.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Review ScoreOverall[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]4/5 stars[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[YT]AGmjqMiU63k[/YT]

[FONT=&quot]Game was provided by the publisher for review purposes.[/FONT]

source: Gematsu& Operation Rainfall

Last edited:
I tried Grand Kingdom and it just wasn't for me. Love the art style and look, but not a big fan of the strategy gameplay. The biggest issue, though, is the "disconnect" between the player and the squad members you control. It felt like the squad members aren't really characters themselves with backgrounds, stories, and interactions. They are just "there" to fight the battles.

anyways, have there been any rumblings about the latest meaningful firmware update?

I still annoys me that to this day, we STILL can not use our own images for our backgrounds.

I tried Grand Kingdom and it just wasn't for me. Love the art style and look, but not a big fan of the strategy gameplay. The biggest issue, though, is the "disconnect" between the player and the squad members you control. It felt like the squad members aren't really characters themselves with backgrounds, stories, and interactions. They are just "there" to fight the battles.

It's something they should look into in the future make the character have unique personality and back ground stories for them selves. this was always more strategy then any kind of RPG though. We'll see if they ever implement that at all.

It's something they should look into in the future make the character have unique personality and back ground stories for them selves. this was always more strategy then any kind of RPG though. We'll see if they ever implement that at all.

yeah, maybe in the sequel or something.

I wouldn't necessarily mind the strategy gameplay ( though it's not my preference ) if I actually cared about the characters I was controlling in battle.

the 2 advisor characters ( Flint and Lillia ) were more interesting ( and Lillia is hot.....lol ). But those aren't the characters you actually control in battle. I would have rather played as those characters in the party instead of all those "generic" class avatars.

so, looks like you can sign up for the next Firmware Update (4.0) Beta.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/26/sign-up-for-the-next-ps4-system-software-update-beta/

Beta starts early August so hopefully that means the final update releases by September.

I'm really hoping for a UI overhaul/improvement, with better organizational tools (folders, pins, etc.) and more customization (custom themes/wallpapers).

PSN ID name change would be nice, but not likely.

Also, for my own needs, I'd like for them to really improve the web browser so I can actually use it. Needing a browsing machine for my bedroom is a main reason why I'm seriously considering the X1 S.

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PlayStation Now adds The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, Eternal Sonata, more[/FONT]
Published 6 hours ago. 26 comments.
15 new RPGs added to the lineup.

PS-Now_08-02-16.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment America has added 15 new role-playing games to its lineup of PLayStation Now titles.

The new titles include:

• The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (NIS America)
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias (NIS America)
  • Child of Light (Ubisoft)
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (NIS America)
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (NIS America)
  • Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (NIS America)
  • Dragon Fin Soup (Grimm Bros.)
  • Eternal Sonata (Bandai Namco)
  • Faery: Legends of Avalon (Focus Home Interactive)
  • The Guided Fate Paradox (NIS America)
  • Legasista (NIS America)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (XSEED Games)
  • Mars: War Logs (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Rise of the Argonauts (Codemasters)
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls (XSEED Games)
If you don’t have PlayStation Now, you can sign-up for a seven-day free trial. After that, it will cost $19.99 a month to maintain.

PlayStation Now offers access to 400-plus PlayStation 3 titles, which are streamed to your PlayStation 4 or PS Vita.

Watch a trailer for the new titles below.
[YT]ETMIFnL6kaQ[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Clips, Eternal Sonata, PlayStation Now, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, Trailers

source: Gematsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"