Playstation The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

A Disney console would be cool though. I would imagine there would be a lot more marvel exclusives on it

A Disney console would be cool though. I would imagine there would be a lot more marvel exclusives on it

What's the point though? Another extra console to buy if you want to play Marvel games when at present you can play all the Marvel games by buying whatever is currently out there. Gaming is one area where the consumer would be hurt by loads of providers having to split your friend list and having to buy multiple consoles to play the best games. Same goes for streaming services IMO. If we have 10 equivalents of Netflix all with great exclusive content, each individual one might be cheaper but we'd have to buy more to get access to all the best stuff.

Seeing how Jumanji is doing it those rumors about Sony selling are not looking so good.

What's the point though? Another extra console to buy if you want to play Marvel games when at present you can play all the Marvel games by buying whatever is currently out there. Gaming is one area where the consumer would be hurt by loads of providers having to split your friend list and having to buy multiple consoles to play the best games. Same goes for streaming services IMO. If we have 10 equivalents of Netflix all with great exclusive content, each individual one might be cheaper but we'd have to buy more to get access to all the best stuff.

That's capitalism folks!

i bought a PS plus membership and i'm going to be off work almost all of March, so i think it's time to get into some gaming finally lol

PlayStation 3, PS Vita, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]My PlayStation web service launched[/FONT]
Published 20 hours ago. 12 comments.
Look up and message PlayStation Network friends.

My-PlayStation_02-21-18.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has launched My PlayStation, a new web service for PCs, smartphones, and tablets that enables PlayStation Network users to look up friends and view profiles, send friend requests and messages, and check trophies.

Visit the website here.

source: Gematsu

Big update and news coming to Plus
March is just around the corner, along with spring and some really great games. Let’s see what’s coming to PS Plus next week!

First up, we have the award-winning action RPG Bloodborne. Hunt your nightmares as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.

Next, we have Ratchet & Clank. Get acquainted (or reacquainted) with some of the greatest heroes in PlayStation history. Based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank (PS2), Ratchet & Clank brings Insomniac’s classic, out-of-this-world-gameplay to the PS4. Join Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark, and their new friends as they battle to save the Solana Galaxy. Armed with an arsenal of original weapons the franchise is renowned for, including the new Pixelizer and fan-favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron, you’ll explore the galaxy and get a deeper look at the origin story of these two beloved characters.

This month’s PlayStation Plus lineup also includes:
Legend of Kay, PS3
Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

For fans of Dungeon Defenders II, we also have the Dungeon Defenders PS Plus Pack available starting March 13 to April 10 for PS Plus members. This pack contains 4 Shadow Costumes, 1 Million in gold, 5 Campaign Shard Packs, 5 Defender Packs, and a Ninja Gato Pet. Get your hands on this PS Plus Pack and jump into the action.

We also have an important service update. Starting next year on March 8, 2019, the PS Plus monthly games lineup will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles. This won’t affect any games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to March 8, 2019. Those games will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member. Your game saves and other benefits of PS Plus will also remain the same – the only change is that no new PS3 and PS Vita games will be added to the PS Plus monthly games lineup beyond March 8, 2019.

Many of our fans are playing on the PS4 platform, with the increasingly vast number of PS4s in homes around the world. We’ll continue to prioritize the benefits you receive through your PS Plus membership, such as online multiplayer, online game save storage, PS4 monthly games, and exclusive PS Store discounts across content and network services. As a reminder, if you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before March 8, 2019.

There are plenty of new games and exclusive PS Store discounts to come for PS Plus members, and we look forward to sharing this with you in our ongoing monthly blog posts. As always, we thank you for your continued support.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02 ... e-changes/

once they remove PS3/Vita games from Plus, they need to include more PS4 games per month.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]zvCDQMHgPnU[/YT]

No Switch XL This Year? - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]770 views Published on 03/02/2018

[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]In this LIVE edition of The Rundown, Vic discusses the latest on the future of the Nintendo Switch! We also talk about the PS4-exclusive Detroit: Become Human, find out how Sony is shaking up things behind the scenes at their game development studios, find out who might be playing the villain in the sequel to Wonder Woman, and finally, hammer out the details on a new Men In Black movie![/FONT][/FONT]

Confirming the video above

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sony is changing things up to emphasize first-party games March 1, 2018

The structure of Sony is changing, but all you probably care about is how it'll affect games.Read more
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

source:
EPN.tv & [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]EGMnow[/FONT][/FONT]

once they remove PS3/Vita games from Plus, they need to include more PS4 games per month.

they confirmed they are not going to but its a year off so hopefully that will change

they confirmed they are not going to but its a year off so hopefully that will change

really?? hope they reconsider by next year.

or just 2 AAA games monthly like this month's

yeah, they need to do something to make up for the lack of PS3/Vita games.

do something like 2 AAA games and one ( or two ) Indie title per month or something.

anyways, do we know when the next update (5.5) is coming out?

Are there any games where people actually use a microphone?

as part of the game?
im not sure but i remember using a headset and talking to bizaids while we played DCUO once

as part of the game?
im not sure but i remember using a headset and talking to bizaids while we played DCUO once

Eh some people use the mic in the last of us multiplayer. I used to get so hyped playing with a mic in those halo 2 days.

Eh some people use the mic in the last of us multiplayer. I used to get so hyped playing with a mic in those halo 2 days.

Best bet is to party chat with friends. Otherwise it is pretty quiet in my experiences.

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Kotaku report: PS5 release unlikely until 2020 at the earliest[/FONT]
Published 14 hours ago. 221 comments.

Most game developers have not heard about plans for a new console.

PS5-Unlikely-2020_04-10-18.jpg

A recent online rumor suggested the successor to PlayStation 4 will launch in 2018, but PlayStation 5 is unlikely to be released until 2020 at the earliest, according to a report from Kotaku’s Jason Schreier citing several game development sources.

“Over the past month, I’ve spoken to dozens of game developers, across a variety of disciplines and studios, about the next generation of consoles,” Schreier wrote. “Of those, two people said they were directly familiar with plans for Sony’s new console. Those two people both told me that the next PlayStation is unlikely to release in 2019, let alone 2018, although they were careful to be clear that these plans are always shifting.”

One person told Schreier, “On a multi-year project, a lot can happen to shift schedules both forward and backward. At some point, Sony’s probably looked at every possible date. It’s all about what they think is the best sweet spot in terms of hardware.”

Most of the developers Schreier spoke with did not hear anything about plans for a new PlayStation, including employees at Sony’s first-party studios and studios working on games scheduled for 2019 and beyond.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]NIS America apologizes for seemingly negative comments towards PS4[/FONT]
Published 2 days ago. 98 comments.

A letter from Takuro Yama****a.

NISA-Apology_04-10-18.jpg

NIS America president Takuro Yama****a has issued an apology regarding comments made in the MCV April 2018 issue article “Switching Gear” (available here, page 38).

In the article, Yama****a made the following comments:
MCV: You are working much closer with Nintendo recently. How did that come about and what benefits have you seen as a company?
Yama****a: “I’ll give you a scoop! Originally we signed with SNK on SNK Heroines just on the PlayStation 4 format. Then last year and opportunity happened at Gamescom, two third-parties happened to meet all together outside Nintendo’s meeting room. The first meeting was between NIS America and Nintendo of Europe, and the next meeting was between SNK and Nintendo of Europe. Of course, these two were separate meetings. Then after their meeting, influential people from SNK came to our booth and said: ‘Hey, Mr. Yama****a, is it possible to cancel our contract on PlayStation 4? Nintendo wants to work on this title on an exclusive basis!’ So these third parties come together and the team at NIS and SNK decided to go with Nintendo for the western market. Physical copy-wise, it’s going to be a Switch exclusive. PlayStation 4-wise, it’s going to be just digital. That’s the deal. We will not release a packaged version for the PlayStation 4 format. Then Nintendo will act as a distributor for this game. Then they promised to buy a lot of units. I can’t reveal the number of units they’ve guaranteed, that’s secret talk.”

MCV: What is your strategy for Europe moving forwards?
Yama****a: “For the JRPG market, the biggest country is France, so most of our key titles, such as Ys VIII and the Disgaea series, we localize the game in French to get in a much better position in Europe, because the French market is the biggest for JRPG titles. We’re starting to do more on Nintendo Switch. SNK Heroines is not the only one. We’ve teamed up with Nintendo Europe for our other Switch titles. They support is in a good way. Compared to that, Sony is not friendly with small publishers likes us. They just care about big Japanese companies. Also, if we simultaneously release a Switch version and a PlayStation 4 version of the same title, currently the sales trend is two to one. That means the Switch version sells twice as much as the PlayStation 4 version. Physically and digitally. A lot of PlayStation 4 titles are coming up, so the market is very competitive. Compared to that, the Switch market still has lots of room for publishers to make money.”
And here is today’s apology:
“I must extend my most heartfelt apology to SNK and Sony Interactive Entertainment. The truth is that the Nintendo Switch exclusive plan was originally decided by NIS America, and only later among discussions with influential SNK people did we decide the best option moving forward would be to have as much exposure as possible. This is why that in the end, we are bringing the PS4 version of SNK Heroines to the market, and even supported this version at the NISA Press Event and in the press meetings in February and March.
In discussing matters with MCV, I thought that some insider information would make them interested in the overall conversation, and such lip service did not stand on the side of truth.
Once again, I apologize to SNK and Sony if it made them seem negative towards the PS4 platform in any way, and stress that the original goal of a “Nintendo Switch exclusive” version of SNK Heroines came from NISA.”
Takuro Yama****a
CEO and President of NIS America, Inc.

Update 10:25 p.m.: Headline updated. The original headline (“NIS America apologizes for saying ‘Sony is not friendly with small publishers’”) misrepresented the purpose of NIS America’s apology. We apologize for the error.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]uHpU75e5hao[/YT]

Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2 Confirmed for E3! - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]12 hours ago Published on 05/11/2018

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we find out what Sony is going to show off at E3 2018! We also have some great news for Minecraft players on the Nintendo Switch, have even better [/FONT][FONT=Roboto !important]news for Rick & Morty fans, have some bad news about the sci-fi series The Expanse, find out how the VR game Star Trek: Bridge Crew is heading into the next generation, and finally, get new details on the live-action Star Wars TV series from Iron Man director Jon Favreau! [/FONT]

Also confirming the video above

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Sony E3 2018 press conference set for June 11, to feature “deep dives” on Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and The Last of Us Part II[/FONT]
Published 19 hours ago. 174 comments.
Other announcements also planned.

Sony-E3-2018_05-11-18.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment’s E3 2018 showcase will take place on Monday, June 11 at 6:00 p.m. PT, SIE Worldwide Studios chairman Shawn Layden confirmed on the latest PlayStation Blogcast. It will be live streamed on services such as Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

This year’s showcase will feature “deep dives” into four upcoming titles from Sony Interactive Entertainment: Death Stranding by Kojima Productions, Ghost of Tsushima by Sucker Punch Productions, Marvel’s Spider-Man by Insomniac Games, and The Last of Us Part II by Naughty Dog.

“The last two or three years, if you were a careful observor, you’ll see that we continue to try to refresh and remake and reignite what we do at what used to be called the press conference for E3,” Layden said on the PlayStation Blogcast. “We want to make sure that it’s fresh and that it reflects the kind of stories we’re telling and the new entertainment we have to give to our fans—not just at the event, but worldwide through the live stream.

“So today I would just like to talk about helping people understand where we’re going with the E3 event this year, and I’ll just come right out and say it. E3 this year will feature exclusive looks and deep dives on four upcoming titles—four of our big titles… We have great content. We have fantastic updates. I think everyone will be thrilled to see it. And we’re taking kind of a different angle on how we’re bringing it out.
“And just as a reminder, those titles are going to be Death Stranding from Kojima Productions—we’ve got a complete new report for everybody around what’s happening with that title. A year ago we introduced the new Sucker Punch title, Ghost of Tsushima, so we’re going to go a deep dive into where the team is at on that—it’s going to be fabulous. From Sucker Punch and their great successes with the inFAMOUS franchise, for them to take on Ghost and all the ambition around that, you will not be disappointed when you see it.

“Of course, there’s our partnership with Insomniac Games and their title Marvel’s Spider-Man. You’ll have seen some of that coverage recently, but we’re going to have a new drop for everybody at E3, at the media event, and you’ll be blown away, it’s going to be awesome… The fab four of the event that we’re going to be having is of course going to be the sequel to The Last of Us from Naughty Dog, we’ll have a full new scope of treatment on that, show you the progress of the game, give people a better understanding of where we’re going with Part II. We’re really excited about it, it’s going to be a very strong centerpiece to all of those four titles we were just talking about.”

Asked if that is all we are going to see, Layden replied, “No, there will be others. We’ll have some announcements with our third-party publishing partners, we’ll have some news things to talk about there, as well as you know, our continued support for independent development—we’ll throw some highlight of that. But as chairman of Worldwide Studios, please forgive me if I take this mic moment so I can generate even greater excitement to look forward to E3.”

source: EPN.tv& Gematsu

Last edited:
I have a question for you guys.

Right now I own the original standard PS4 game console. My television is 4K SDR.

I was interested in getting the PS4 PRO, but my friend was telling me that it is not worth getting unless I buy a 4K HDR TV.

Would you agree with him on that one?

I was thinking of getting the PS4 Pro since it has 1TB of hard drive space and it could look better on my 4K television.

Another concern of mine is that the PS4 is starting to near the end of it's life cycle, which I believe is 2021? I don't want to invest $$$ into the PS4 Pro and then have the PS5 come out just a couple of years later.

What do you guys think, should I get the Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"