First Avenger The Official Sharon Carter casting thread

haha yeah. It was like even the good actors in that movie were just like "It's a WWE movie, I don't have to actually try at all."

Watch her in Nip/Tuck, she's actually pretty good.
That's what I'm sayin'...plus she's a schomkin' hottie! Yummy!

Nip/Tuck is not enough. How about Starship Troopers 2?

No to Carlson.

everyone sucks in the marine
I wouldn't go that far. I thought Robert Patrick was really entertaining in it. I wanted his character to get his own movie where he just goes around killing and robbing people and generally being a magnificent bastard.

Ya know, I once thought that Robert Patrick was a possibility for The Red Skull if he can pull off a German accent. But I gotta admit that I thought he came across kinda corny in The Marine. Just an opinion.

Well, obviously he was chewing the scenery, but under the circumstances I think that was the right thing to do. A more serious villain would have made the movie even worse. At least Patrick looked like he was having a good time playing the part and that made him kind of fun to watch.

yea sarah carter is probably not going to be in first avenger though i could see her poping up for a small role in the avengers.

I been thinking why don't they just cast Sienna Miller a Sharon Carter for the Avengers i think she would be a great fit she is only 29

could work though we dont know if/when marvel wants to put the character in yet. though i think there are alot of actresses who could fit the role nicely.

Sienna was the only good thing about GI Joe.

actually the best thing about GI Joe was Tatum lol, he could really emote hahahaha

seriously though Lee storm shadow was the best thing about the movie. So much emotion in just his eyes, he should've gotten more attention for it

Sienna was one of the best things about GI JOE. Tatum was great for no charisma whatsoever. That's what he's best at.

Reviving this thread b/c I've been wondering about this character quite a bit lately. First, I'm pretty confident she won't be in this movie at all but alas, there's no Sharon thread on the Avengers board, and I'm really hoping she appears in that film even though we've gotten no indication of that so far. And what I'm REALLY hoping is that they don't just get Hayley Atwell to play her with a different hair color or something. I hate it when they do that in movies as I always find it distracting.

That said, if they do feature Sharon and don't use Atwell, I DO hope they cast someone who at least bears a passing resemblance to her. I mean, Peggy's her aunt (or maybe great-aunt at this point?), not her mother, so it doesn't have to be a strong resemblance, but the resemblance should be there, imo. So it's gotten me to thinking, what fairly known actresses even DO resemble Atwell? To me, Atwell's most prominent facial characteristic is her bone-structure: she has a wide face with very strong, rounded features - not delicate or angular like most starlets today (including Sienna Miller, suggested above). Therefore, anyone with that type of bone-structure could hypothetically pass as a relative of hers, imo. Here are few that come to mind that I think could pass Atwell's niece:

Anna Paquin

annapaquinz.jpg

For the record, I absolutely don't want her in the role, because I generally find her to be pretty annoying and yes, there's that other Marvel character she's already known for (ruining), but she is a well-known and respected actress, and the resemblance there is very strong, imo, so I had to mention her.

Michelle Monaghan

michellemonaghan5.jpg

This is a much better option to me, but she's already my top choice for Lois Lane, so I'd prefer her in that role. Still, I'd be perfectly happy with her as Sharon.

Katee Sackhoff

kateesackhoff.jpg

She kicked a** in BSG, but this would reek of typecasting. Plus, I think I've heard that she's trying to get away from this particular "type."

Zooey Deschanel

zooeydeschanelc.jpg

She's supposedly already Betty Brant, and frankly, I'm not sure I could ever buy her in an action role.

Romola Garai

romolagarairomolagarai6.jpg

She's actually the first one that came to mind when I was mentioning that type of bone-structure, but other than that, she really doesn't bear much resemblance to Atwell at all. Still, she's a fantastic actress (and one of Atwell's fellow Golden Globe nominees this year), and while she always seems to be in period costume dramas and never action movies, she still seems to constantly play characters who are badasses of their eras in their own ways, so I could totally buy it.

That's all I've come up with at the moment. That said, I have a strong suspicion that Keira Knightley, who was almost our Peggy, might have been saved for consideration for Sharon. I guess I could see a slight resemblance there, too.

Any other decent, relatively well-known actresses ('cause Sharon's a bigger and longer-lasting character than Peggy, so I doubt they'd go with an unknown here) who bear a resemblance to Hayley Atwell?

Last edited:
Sienna was the only good thing about GI Joe.

She also really didn't give a toss about being in the movie either. Classic case of just being in a big studio film for £££ and a bit more publicity.

Although Hayley Atwell was great, it would be weird seeing her again in another role, they should cast another actress as good as her. I'd like to see Abbie Cornish as Sharon Carter.

2011_sucker_punch_003.jpg

I'd love to see Abbie Cornish again in *anything.*

But isn't Amanda Righetti kinda sorta officially unofficially playing Sharon Carter already in CA:TFA, and supposedly re-upping for The Avengers?

There's no official announcement about Amanda Righeti's role in the Avengers, actually they just have said she's a SHIELD's agent...and I hope she's not gonna play Sharon Carter, this role needs a more charismatic and talented actress.

I couldn't see one of these so I thought I would make my own. Feel free to delete it if I was wrong.
So who are your suggestions?
mating4.jpg

mating2.jpg

mating3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"