THE OFFICIAL SHH! MOVIE AWARDS: Superhero Movie of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDKR for me.

Anyone that votes Ghost Rider is welcome to a free slap in the face BTW. :funny:

Avengers. Though I enjoy TASM the most of the bunch, and TDKR was a let down.

And as always when talking about the CBMs of 2012, the race is pretty much Avengers vs TDKR, lol.

Avengers is the ultimate superhero experience. The most thoroughly entertaining movie of the year and perhaps decades.

The Avengers, everything I could want from a superhero/comic book film.

This was a tough one for me but ultimately...I'm going with The Avengers.

It successfully brought together a believable Marvel universe, and was everything, I feel, a comic book fan could possibly ask for. Marvel accomplished something that was previously seen as impossible, and had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

Has to be The Avengers, its a film people have wanted to see for decades, even before Marvel started to make there own films. The build up of the MCU made the film even more of a monumental task which for me was executed perfectibility by people who care and love the characters and legacy they have.
It is a true comic book film, its got action, laughs a great cast.

Last edited:
Avengers. Easily. It isn't suppose to be a dark, deep story. Nolan's batman films don't do it for me. Too dark, too much realism. No thanks, I prefer my comic book charaacters to be in comic book movies. His batman movies are crime action dramas staring comic book characters, opposed to actual cbm.

Avengers was a fun popcorn summer flick, nothing deep, just a great fun ride. That is exactly what it was suppose to be. A fun movie, best representation of a comic book on screen I have ever seen. In terms of comic book movie, it blows nolan's batman out of the water. Spiderman would be second, even though I like TDKR better.

Avengers gets my vote

Avengers was a fun popcorn summer flick, nothing deep, just a great fun ride. That is exactly what it was suppose to be.

Sad to think CBMs are only supposed to be fun popcorn flicks.

Looks like a Nolanite is bitter their movie isn't winning.

:lmao:

Lovely that someone called be a Nolanite.

Sucks when the only thing you can use on me, when you know nothing about me, is by calling me the typical name of what's been known as a "Nolanite". You're going to get far with a thread that's meant to be "civil" and you threw the first punch there buddy.

PS: Maybe you can't read, but you see The Avengers on my sig? Oh, you do! Marvelous...now quiet. I said nothing as a "Nolanite"; only disagree that CBMs are "supposed" to only be fun, popcorn flicks.

I warned people to be respectful.

I hate logic like that. Whenever someone thinks the Avengers is better, they use the whole "But TDKR is deeper and you're not an intellectual" argument. I don't care if you like TDKR because it offers more, but come on, don't disrespect people who like The Avengers more and pass it off as just simple popcorn fare that isn't on the level of their God's Christopher Nolan's movies. To me, they're at the same level.

Didn't say a thing about his opinion of preferring Avengers, now did I? Nor did I say anything about TDKR being far more intellectual, when it's not.

Well, time for me to start reading. Sorry about that. Carry on folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back