The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread - Part 2

I look forward to the reactions to a Sword/Shield rep in the season 2.

More Fire Emblem is disappointing BUT SIX NEW CHARACTERS WHAT??

I do wonder if Sakurai mentioning getting an early look at BOTW is a hint that we will get a BOTW 2 character.

God I want one (or all) of the Champions from BotW

I haven't even played Smash Ultimate yet and even I felt underwhelmed by the last character reveal.

Is this first time when the iconic PC is an Assist Trophy and the lesser known is the fighter? :thf:

I have a very dumb question so please humor me. I just bought a Switch and am playing Smash Bros for the first time ever.

I’m confused how you “win” as it doesn’t seem like other fighting games where you just have to make your opponent lose all their energy bar. This seems the opposite where if you get hit, your % goes up, and the player with the highest % at the end of time wins. So it’s a bit confusing. Are you just supposed to stand there and get hit?

I have a very dumb question so please humor me. I just bought a Switch and am playing Smash Bros for the first time ever.

I’m confused how you “win” as it doesn’t seem like other fighting games where you just have to make your opponent lose all their energy bar. This seems the opposite where if you get hit, your % goes up, and the player with the highest % at the end of time wins. So it’s a bit confusing. Are you just supposed to stand there and get hit?

You win at Smash Bros by launching your opponents off of the stage. The % is how much damage a character has taken from opponents' attacks. Characters with high percentages of damage are easier to launch. Most stages have ledges and you don't want to fall off or get knocked off.

So attack your opponent until they have high damage and then launch them so hard that they either can't recover or they hit the invisible barrier off stage that means they are KOed.

The most popular ways to play Smash are stock battles or timed battles. There's a tutorial in the game that goes over a few more rules.

You win at Smash Bros by launching your opponents off of the stage. The % is how much damage a character has taken from opponents' attacks. Characters with high percentages of damage are easier to launch. Most stages have ledges and you don't want to fall off or get knocked off.

So attack your opponent until they have high damage and then launch them so hard that they either can't recover or they hit the invisible barrier off stage that means they are KOed.

The most popular ways to play Smash are stock battles or timed battles. There's a tutorial in the game that goes over a few more rules.

Thanks. Some stages are definitely harder than others. And it’s frustrating because I will get my opponent up to over 100% but still can’t knock them off but they will hit me at 75% and I fly off the screen.

Thanks. Some stages are definitely harder than others. And it’s frustrating because I will get my opponent up to over 100% but still can’t knock them off but they will hit me at 75% and I fly off the screen.

Knock back depends on the attacks you're using. Smash attacks are powerful and will launch your opponent farther than other attacks (but they are slow). Some characters are heavier, which means they will be knocked less at higher percents. Heavy characters do more damage but they are slower and some have bad recoveries. Ganondorf is an example of a heavy character.

Strategies are really dependant on the character you are playing.

Last edited:
This came out of nowhere for me. :funny:

Why didn't anyone tell me Sephiroth was in Smash! Now I can reenact my Seph/Cloud fanfic. :o

Barret, Tifa, and Aereth get Mii Costumes.

As well as Geno. RIP Geno fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"