The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread - Part 2

RIP for those wanting Dante and Shantae in Smash.

They get Mii skins.

RIP for those wanting Dante and Shantae in Smash.

They get Mii skins.
With Tekken getting a rep who will be left for PlayStation All-stars 2!?!

Who should be the final fighter? Master Chief, Sora, Waluigi, Mickey Mouse?

Waluigi but watch it be a Fortnite character.

I'd like for it to be Travis Touchdown. No More Heroes 3 recently came out and IIRC, Suda51 said he would like for him to be in Smash.

I'd like for it to be Travis Touchdown. No More Heroes 3 recently came out and IIRC, Suda51 said he would like for him to be in Smash.

Mii costume.

I would like Ryu Hyubasa from Ninja Gaiden. But, I suspect it is going to be someone Sakurai wants.

Mii costume.

I would like Ryu Hyubasa from Ninja Gaiden. But, I suspect it is going to be someone Sakurai wants.
So Kirby character? Bandana Dee!

latest

Sakurai feeling salty and it is a Pokemon or Fire Emblem character.

So is this the last Smash Bros. or last under Sakurai?

Good question. Given the massive roster, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last one for awhile. Sakurai's been on and off in the past about retiring, but it remains to be seen. Ultimate has already done gangbusters because hey, Smash Bros is a system seller. I'm sure we'll probably get another down the line, even though it has massive shoes to fill. But this will be more than enough.

Hell, go to any cosplay convention or fighting game tournament and you'll still find plenty of folks playing Melee.

Good question. Given the massive roster, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last one for awhile. Sakurai's been on and off in the past about retiring, but it remains to be seen. Ultimate has already done gangbusters because hey, Smash Bros is a system seller. I'm sure we'll probably get another down the line, even though it has massive shoes to fill. But this will be more than enough.

Hell, go to any cosplay convention or fighting game tournament and you'll still find plenty of folks playing Melee.
I think Nintendo will probably bring back the brand when they introduce their next console. Switch Pro or a new device with the same concept with more horsepower.

Ashamed to say I've never played the Kingdom Hearts games, they have been sitting in my "need to play" list for a long time but I never got around to them, gonna have to put them at the top of my list after this and finally dive in to the franchise.

I wouldn't mind if they just remastered this one for the next console and kept adding characters and game modes.

Ashamed to say I've never played the Kingdom Hearts games, they have been sitting in my "need to play" list for a long time but I never got around to them, gonna have to put them at the top of my list after this and finally dive in to the franchise.

I wouldn't mind if they just remastered this one for the next console and kept adding characters and game modes.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the series... Opinions are interesting.

I mean, Nintendo tends to bring its big boys out once a generation. Splatoon seems to be bucking that a bit, with 3 coming out next year.

Smash 6 is going to be rough. Even if Sakurai returns (let him take a vacation), you cannot get this roster again. Frankly, Sora is a miracle after what happened with the Smash community last year.

There is a small part of me that would love to see Melee remastered to piss off the Smash community.

Does the Smash community not like Melee or the idea of a remaster?

Admittedly, I feel like Melee is just...I don't want to say perfect, but great as is. I know that the community has made changes to games like Brawl through Project M and including things like wavedashing. But I feel like Melee as it is could stay in its current form. Unlike SSB, every subsequent Smash game after Melee has used Melee as the foundation, I feel.

The Smash community is insane. The mere fact that Nintendo feels the pressure to keep on churning out Gamecube controllers should be all the point you need. The fact that controller defects and game bugs are "important" to the game should say everything about a remaster, that would likely fix those.

I am still amazed at how self absorbed they are, that they don't realize when Nintendo will crack down on them, with the modded in online for Melee and the new Project M.

Does the Smash community not like Melee or the idea of a remaster?

Admittedly, I feel like Melee is just...I don't want to say perfect, but great as is. I know that the community has made changes to games like Brawl through Project M and including things like wavedashing. But I feel like Melee as it is could stay in its current form. Unlike SSB, every subsequent Smash game after Melee has used Melee as the foundation, I feel.
Melee is right up there with Halo 2 as being peak multiplayer experience. I wore that game disc down, man. I would take a remaster in a hearbeat.

I remember being so mad though because Wolf was featured in the intro movie for Melee but we ended up getting Falco as an unlockable character instead.

Melee is right up there with Halo 2 as being peak multiplayer experience. I wore that game disc down, man. I would take a remaster in a hearbeat.

I remember being so mad though because Wolf was featured in the intro movie for Melee but we ended up getting Falco as an unlockable character instead.
I used to love playing as Ganon in Melee. Idk, but he definitely felt more powerful to use than in later games.

I love the reaction videos of the Sora reveal, so many assuming it was Cinderace or Dark Souls. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"