The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by LibidoLoca, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Is that only for your Mii, or can you customize stuff for the actual characters?

2. BlackMagicWolf He who is BlackMagic

I think that particular one is just for the Mii, but there is customization for the characters, that's part of the appeal of the Amiibo is to save your specific character then take them over to another persons house and play as them.

3. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Ah, didn't know about that particular feature. I knew you could save your Amiibo, but didn't know about the customizable stuff.

4. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Itd be pretty sweet if they made amiibo exclusive characters. Like ness who becomes unlockable dlc when you buy his figure... thatd be a great use of them

5. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

You mean like exclusive actual content? I'd hate that myself. I wouldn't want to buy figures to get exclusive characters or exclusive costumes.

6. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Id do it for characters if they were the same price as dlc depending on who it was. Id totally buy a dixie kong, king k rool, banjo kazooie, solid snake, slippy toad, pokemon trainer, etc... i get a toy and dlc for a nice price

7. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Oh well, if you just mean making a DLC character Amiibo, I assumed they'd do that anyway. Though I doubt they'll connect the two in that way even if it's a good idea. As long as we're not talking about a situation where you must buy an Amiibo to get a certain character.

8. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

... i am talking about buying the toy to get the player. Its the same concept as disney infinity

9. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well then, no, that's a horrible idea.

10. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I'd buy an Amiibo to get a character if it was a rare instance, but as they probably wanna keep the game balanced for the online sake, I don't ever see Nintendo doing this.

11. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

I would only find it acceptable if it were some rare alt costume of a character or something, but actual characters? God no. I mean, tying it to a Amiibo is actually a decent idea, good crossbled between the projects, but those characters should always be available as normal DLC.

12. LibidoLoca Politically Delicious

Count me in the group who is disappointed with the roster and don't like the inclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit and the exclusion of Ice Climbers.

13. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

There were tons of people disappointed with Brawl's final roster too. Particularly with a Link clone and another Fox clone (so it seemed). It took a bit for fans to warm up, just like it will for this game too.

14. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Game will still be awesome, and two or so crap characters out of 40 is A-OK with me.

15. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Shulk Confirmed As Playable Character In Super Smash Bros. [Update: Trailer]. August 29, 2014 . 4:03am

It’s official—Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

[​IMG] Screenshots Of Shulk In Super Smash Bros.. August 29, 2014 . 4:22am

Nintendo have released screenshots of Shulk in Super Smash Bros.

source: Siliconera

More pic's in the article it's self.

16. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Outside the clones, which should all be alts, I don't think it's a bad roster by any means. It does suck that the two uniquest characters (Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers) got cut, but I never used either myself. I'm sure at least Ice Climbers will get in via DLC, too.

17. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Oh, by the way, there was some new info about Amiibo's, including price and what the initial launch set will be. zenith, you may want to go ahead and post that news in here, since I'm fairly sure only you and I post in that Amiibo thread.

18. zenith16 Registered

oh yeah I might as well here it is

[​IMG]

Nintendo Amiibo Launch Details

Nintendo has announced the launch details for their new amiibo toy line. Twelve figures will be available at launch: Mario, Peach, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer (see above). Each one of them will cost $13. A precise launch date hasn’t been named, but they’ll hit stores at the same time as the first compatible game, Super Smash Bros for the Wii U, which will be released sometime this holiday season. Inspired by Skylanders and Disney Infinity, the amiibo toys use the near field communication (NFC) technology of the Wii U and 3DS to unlock new in-game content, and they’ll work across multiple different games. Along with Super Smash Bros, the other confirmed titles are Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10, and Yoshi’s Woolly World. Expect more games and figures to be announced soon.
    Watch our interview with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime about the amiibo toys by clicking here.

And

source: EPN.TV &GI

19. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

All of those figures are up for pre-order at Amazon and Gamestop, too.

20. LibidoLoca Politically Delicious

It does suck that they got boot and we're stuck with three clones. I think one of the leaked videos also confirmed Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon and Dark Pit plays the same as Pit.

21. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, I have never understood why they did that with Ganondorf. So weird.

Anyway, just read this. Awesome Club Nintendo deal for registering both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash Bros.

http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

[​IMG]

Whole picture didn't show up. If you register both, you get the two disc soundtrack for the game. Not 100% if it's digital or physical.

22. LibidoLoca Politically Delicious

So which version are you guys getting? I'm planning on getting a Wii U for Christmas and hopefully this will be one of my first day purchases. I'm still mad that Nintendo shut down its servers for their DS and Wii titles. I have no friends who are as into Nintendo games as I am. They're all into FPS (Bioshock, Halo, Call of Duty) or God of War and Uncharted. So I cannot get hyped enough by playing online with Brawl until the Holiday Season.

23. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

The Wii U is a definite. The 3DS I'm still unsure about. But I'm leaning towards getting it, though I wish it would have come out next month as opposed to October here in the States. That month is way too stacked.

24. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Here’s An Explanation Of How Shulk Plays In Super Smash Bros. August 29, 2014 . 11:02am

Director Masahiro Sakurai took to Miiverse to post some detailed facts about how he plays.

source: Siliconera

25. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Really loving the look of his stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.