The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread - Part 2

I am going with a Splatoon 2 situation.

Built on the Smash 4 engine and assets, but enough to differentiate it from the last game.

Come on, Nintendo. I was already out of the console game and fine with my 3DS.

Now you're giving me a reason to get roped back in! But...Smash does have that effect.

All I want, is K. Rool. That's it...

While Spring Man is an obvious addition. I hope they pull a Bowser Jr. and just have a majority of the ARMS cast available.

Shovel Knight would be a terrific out of the blue character to put in. Some of those Champions from BotW as suggested would be a lot of fun too.

I did read that Sakurai is working on this Smash title so that's great. I was worried he was done with the franchise.

I didn't know Sakurai was confirmed, but that's good to hear. Didn't know if he was coming back, after the last Smash. He seemed depleted.

I imagine a lot of the heavy lifting has already been done, as I don't think they are working on a new engine.

Hopefully he at least reworks Dark Pit and some of the other clones.

Yeah, I imagine they're on the same engine that was used for Smash4, which is fine, cause that game was great. I just hope they add a better story/single player mode, along with more stages and fighters.

We do have one confirmed, which really isn't surprising. I imagine that Ice Climbers will also return.

I imagine a lot of the heavy lifting has already been done, as I don't think they are working on a new engine.

Hopefully he at least reworks Dark Pit and some of the other clones.

I wouldn't mind cutting some of the Fire Emblem characters, especially Lucina who is just a weaker Marth clone.

They aren't cutting FE characters. A little too popular. I would not be surprised to see Chrom added.

What's nice is they won't have to scale things down for the 3DS. They can all the content they want. I hope this feels like the definitive Smash.

I wouldn't mind cutting some of the Fire Emblem characters, especially Lucina who is just a weaker Marth clone.

I believe she, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario will fulfill their destinies as pallette swap costume changes.

What's nice is they won't have to scale things down for the 3DS. They can all the content they want. I hope this feels like the definitive Smash.

That means a lot of different things to people. Some just want a carbon copy of Melee, complete with all the technical flaws and glitches that the pro scene has exploited.

I wouldn't mind that either... there's too many of them, and they feel so similar.

That means a lot of different things to people. Some just want a carbon copy of Melee, complete with all the technical flaws and glitches that the pro scene has exploited.

Yeah but those people are idiots. I honestly found the Wii U Smash to be leaps and bounds better than Melee.

I think Brawl may have traumatized them. But I will never understand how a factory defective controller is considered the only viable controller, and not out right banned.

The GameCube controller had a factory defect?

Apparently. And it limits the number of competitive controllers that are available. Even an HD port would likely piss off the Melee community in some, weird way in that it fixes some obscure glitch.

I also think Smash Bros Wii U is close to a definitive smash game. I love the mechanics and I actually made the switch from gamecube controller to the pro controller and found it better.

A version of the Wii U with tweaks and new content would be perfect for me.

And like every new smash bros game, I just want more Zelda content. One of the BOTW champions please! Or Sidon. Or SS Impa.

I agree i prefer more diversity with these games.. and the characters who should easily be skins... and mass amount of "same but different" characters like most of the FE cast need fixed.. to either be skins or cut. there's way too many more unique characters that deserve a chance

Can they bring Wolf O'Donnell back please?

Preferably with a redesign.

The more I think about it the more I want a Dixie Kong addition to Smash. She'd have a really cool moveset I think.

I think Brawl may have traumatized them. But I will never understand how a factory defective controller is considered the only viable controller, and not out right banned.

It's probably because of muscle memory, but I can only really play the game with the GameCube controller. I've tried some of the others but it just doesn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"