The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread - Part 2

I might be in the minority, but I don't want them to get crazy with the third party characters. At the end of the day I love Smash best when it's a very loving tribute to Nintendo and it's history. I think third party inclusions are very special and a lot of fun, but let's not get crazy, you know?

As long as most of the characters have a decent history with Nintendo and are a video game character first and foremost I'm fine with it; I think Cloud is the only one that doesn't really have any history with Nintendo, but even then Final Fantasy as a franchise has a rather extensive history with Nintendo. There are quite a few characters that despite not being first party are very much a part of Nintendo's history, and I would never want the likes of Waluigi to take precedent over them.

Last edited:
The only third party I want now is Ryu Hyubasa. I loved Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Honestly, I don't think many third parties deserve it if the weren't on the NES or SNES.

Echo Fighters are a different story. I would like to see an Echo for Jeanne or Ken or Akuma.

I think Ken will be an Echo for Ryu. I think that's a given at this point. It just makes sense.

The only third party I want now is Ryu Hyubasa. I loved Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Honestly, I don't think many third parties deserve it if the weren't on the NES or SNES.

Echo Fighters are a different story. I would like to see an Echo for Jeanne or Ken or Akuma.
Ken for Ryu, Jeanne for Bayonetta, and Shadow for Sonic.

Now that Simon's in, the only other third parties I'm interested in are Banjo-Kazooie and Travis Touchdown.

Just as long as they don't actually add Goku. Nothing against him, but all that's gonna end up doing is open floodgates for pretty much any other character out there that didn't originate in a video game.

Isabelle is not an echo fighter. Interesting.

She looks like a fun character to play as!

Who is ready for a post Halloween treat?

40 minutes of SMASH!!!! Thur morning.

That's my birthday... so happy birthday to me!! Can't wait!

The one we got in Aug was only 27 minutes.

We are getting into the nitty gritty of Smash Ultimate.

Ken joins the battle? Cool. Now just give me Akuma and I can die happy.

Online match making sounds like it will be frustrating.

Fatal Frame assist trophy was unexpected. And now they are just trolling the everybody with assist trophies. Lot of wanted characters.

DLC characters, Sakurai you troll...

Wait, Piranha Plant as a fighter?

Adventure Mode confirmed.

Last edited:
Kirby best character confirmed?

Also, that ending...

original.gif

So Wolf is showing up in Starlink and his design in that game kicks the **** out of the one in SSBU.

img-new-02_334588.png

I want that as an alt uniform.

World of Light is JRPG as ****.

I wonder how many bosses World of Light will have. Or if they will make any more from game series.

So the glowing orb in the cutscene has a name and is the main antagonist, Galeem.

Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC character selection finalized
Published 8 hours ago. 99 comments.
Your requests... they are futile.

Smash-Bros-DLC-Finalized_11-06-18.jpg

Nintendo has finalized the selection of the five post-launch downloadable fighterspart of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate “Fighters Pass,” director Masahiro Sakurai announced on Twitter.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete,” Sakurai said in a tweet. “This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan.”

Sakurai continued, “It’s great to dream about your favorite character joining the battle and I appreciate your passion, but please try to stay on topic when replying to tweets and refrain from flooding us, and other users, with requests when we’re not specifically asking for feedback. Thank you!”

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is due out for Switch on December 7.

source: Gematsu

The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate theme is apparently called Lifelight:

hqdefault.jpg

Super Smash Bros Ultimate Removes Controversy - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.5K views 18 hours ago Published on 11/07/2018
Today in the Rundown, we have some very good news from Nintendo about Super Smash Bros Ultimate! We also get the latest on the big screen Super Mario movie, cook up some news about a possible Breaking Bad movie, and finally, have the latest rumours about Bloodborne 2!

Confirming the video above.
safe_image.php

Nintendo Apologizes for Offensive Native American Caricature, Will Update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Nov 7, 13:45 games

Nintendo is planning an update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which will alter one of Mr. Game & Watch's attacks. Mr. Game & Watch's side smash attack, as shown during a Japanese livestreamRead more

Lastly

1 hour ago
8BitDo Has Announced An Adapter That Allows You To Play Nintendo Switch With GameCube Controllers
Players will now have the chance to play their Nintendo Switch games using GameCube, NES Classic, SNES Classic, And Wii controllers, as 8BitDo has just announced their wireless GBros. Adapter.Read more

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN, Anime News Network
&GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"