The Official Super Smash Bros. Thread - Part 2

I imagine we will be topping the roster out at 75. But the majority of them will be echo fighters.

Why are Smash players and fans so terrible at these events? I've heard plenty of reports about the Smash 4 finals at Evo that paints the community as terrible.

Not a reveal, but we are getting a Smash Direct Wed morning. So, some reveals there.

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct set for August 8[/FONT]
Published 10 hours ago. 28 comments.

New information incoming.

Smash-Bros-Direct_08-05-18.jpg
Nintendo will host a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct on August 8 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. BST / 4:00 p.m. CEST / 11:00 p.m. JST, Nintendo announced.

The broadcast will feature new game information delivered directly by game director Masahiro Sakurai.

You will be able to watch it live at the following links:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is due out for Switch on December 7.

source: Gematsu

Why are Smash players and fans so terrible at these events? I've heard plenty of reports about the Smash 4 finals at Evo that paints the community as terrible.
:(

Like what?

:(

Like what?

A lot of booing about the final matchup (Bayo vs Bayo). And then the two in the Grand Finals just stalled for a bit before a judge came over to tell them that they needed to actually play. And then they apparently did some stuff that is really only done in casuals. Not a good showing for THE competitive event in fighting games. One where Smash is already on thin ice with the organizer.

Release is December 5th, I believe.

You know why Bayonetta gets boo'd, though, right? Not saying the other stuff wasn't bad, but hell, Bayonetta is like hugely cheaply broken. More so than Meta-Knight in Brawl ever was.

Doesn't quite justify making fools of themselves.

Love the troll they did with the reveal, though. A bunch of fighters revealed. Simon Belmont and K.Rool are the new, with Richtor Belmont, Dark Samus, and Chrom as echo fighters.

103 stages, nearly 900 music tracks, a music player mode, a training mode with great info on how far enemies launch, and chargable final smashes. Yeah, this is a new game, full stop.

I do wonder if we are going to get a Monster Hunter, to go with the Rathalos stage.

I havent owned a Nintendo console since the SNES/GBC and am not good at Smash, but man this game makes me want to go out and get a Switch

Love the troll they did with the reveal, though. A bunch of fighters revealed. Simon Belmont and K.Rool are the new, with Richtor Belmont, Dark Samus, and Chrom as echo fighters.

103 stages, nearly 900 music tracks, a music player mode, a training mode with great info on how far enemies launch, and chargable final smashes. Yeah, this is a new game, full stop.

I do wonder if we are going to get a Monster Hunter, to go with the Rathalos stage.

They'll probably just give us Monster Hunter costumes for the Mii fighters.

[YT]P-kQWJrjRV4[/YT]

Full direct for those who missed it. Already planning to re-watch it for that King K. Rool reveal.

He is still an assist trophy. Sorry.

Wow, Simon Belmont is in it. Ummmm, I think the only video game franchise that is left out, is Master Chief from Halo. Other than that, I think this game has all of my favorite video game franchises: Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, Metroid, Metal Gear, and now Castlevania.

I'm actually really shocked and happy that he's in it. I can't wait to try him out. Man, this game is looking HUGE. Although, I am a bit disappointed that there's no Waluigi. He's my main in Mario Kart, and I was hoping he would make a surprise appearance as a fighter. Oh well, everything else is looking great.

And they just announced a special edition with a GC controller and a GC controller adaptor.

And they just announced a special edition with a GC controller and a GC controller adaptor.
Can we use the GC adapter that was on the Wii U? I really don't want to buy another one.

Oh sweet, they brought back the 3DS Earthbound stage. I loved that one. I hope Pacmaze and the DK Piefactory come over from the 3DS.

So they're not only bringing Wolf back, but they're also introducing Ridley, King K. Rool, and Dark Samus.

I can't even deal.

Yessss, the 16bit F-Zero stage is also coming back! :awesome:

Man, this game is going to be HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member