The Official Superman: Doomsday Thread!!!!

You're judging by ONE line that Luthor sucks? Christ...

I stretched out my opinion a bit more than just saying the truth...that I'm really turned off by nasally-voiced Luthor. When it comes to VA's, first impressions usually either invoke reverence or revulsion for me.

I'm curious as to how Adam Baldwin will do as the voice of Superman/Clark Kent, and how Anne Heche will do as Lois Lane.

Funny how even though this is supposed to be not connected with previous DCAU efforts, it's the same block figure animation we saw in SM:TAS and JL/U:TAS. I'm sorry, I'm just really tired of Superman's eyes being nothing more than little black dots.

I was under the impression that "Brainiac Attacks" was set in its own little world - where Lex sounded like a dork and not the charming brute we loved in other DCAU shows (that's what you get for replacing Clancy Brown with Gorilla Grodd, AKA: Powers Boothe) - and Brainiac is voiced by Bishop/Lance Henriksen instead of Corey Burton thus we lose that great HAL sound. "Brainiac Attacks" was a disappointment, though it was nice to hear Tim Daly's voice coming out of Superman's mouth again, and the last big fight between Supes and the giant-Kong sized Brainiac was fun in a mindless, trashy sort of way.

Hopefully, this and the animated adaptation of "New Frontier" will be better.

I can't wait to see this movie that's all I know. Dr. Fate, you should know Bruce Timm only does that type of animation, but I know what ya' mean. I'd like to see a Superman cartoon that looks like Dan Jurgens' art, or something like that.

After rewatching "Doomsday Sanction"...I am really wishing that this was in continuity. That would be one hell of a continuation. Especially with the guy's last words to Superman being "You'll wish you'd killed me."

Huh. Hope there is a reign of Supermen in this. Maybe Superboy will finally be animated (and no the kid in "For the Man Who Has Everything" doesn't count).

Timm has said that superman will be the only hero in the movie and that it should collect all 3 parts of the death storyline and condense them. So i wouldnt plan on seeing to many other "supermen". Maybe frame shots in a news report but none in action.

The only way to hope to see Steel, the Cyborg, Superboy or the Eradicator in a Reign storyline will most likely be over the course of an ongoing cartoon with some gumption or on the big screen. Neither will be happening anytime soon.

I could really do without the Reign of the Supermen deal. I don't see any way of reconciling all that in 80 minutes.

...Nuts. Really didn't care about the others. Just wanted to see Superboy. :( Oh well. Guess the smackdown alone will be worth it if "Doomsday Sanction" was any indication.

Check this out. Looks hot.

supesdoomsdaylentangle1gf7.jpg

supesdoomsdaylentangle2fv1.jpg

supesdoomsdaylentangle3zd7.jpg

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7457

I can't wait to see this movie that's all I know. Dr. Fate, you should know Bruce Timm only does that type of animation, but I know what ya' mean. I'd like to see a Superman cartoon that looks like Dan Jurgens' art, or something like that.
I'm sorry but the block figure animation Bruce Timm uses kind of sucks. Hell, I'd rather see Superman in the animation of Mike Young's shortlived He-Man series than more of that block figure crap.

I'm looking forward to this. The DTV angle is a way to be able to create comic based cartoons while circumventing the network's influence, which is the bane of most TV animation. Granted, of course, the reality is that CN will air any animated DTV, and that American censors are more liberal with violence than sexual references; as in, you can see horrible acts of violence in some of the latest DTV's, but you will never see a bare breast or a sex scene (INVINCIBLE IRON MAN bent over backwards in this regard).

Anyway, the "block style" of animation is simplier to animate and thus allows it to be more fluid within a reasonable cost. The designs of some of Marvel's latest DTV's are more complicated, but have some with some at times glaring animation errors, most notably in ULTIMATE AVENGERS II and especially INVINCIBLE IRON MAN. True, this will remind people of "The Timmverse DCUA" that ended with JLU and everyone will want to insert this in if possible, but I can be willing to let go, so long as it isn't BRAINIAC ATTACKS.

Plus, to be blunt, Marvel's had the new DTV market to themselves the past year and could use the competition. It'll be interesting to see the level of translation DC puts into these.

It looks good so far, I'm definately giving this a whurl. I'm equally curious about NEW FRONTIER and JUDAS CONTRACT.

Anyone think SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY is partially WB's attempt to finally use elements from the Kevin Smith SUPERMAN LIVES script and Dan Gilroy's SUPERMAN REBORN?

I'm really liking the art style on Supes in this animated movie. It's just the way I like to see him.

Would have loved to see this as live-action film.

I just wish Superboy was in this movie because then they could branch off and do some Young Justice/Teen Titans Movies.

Anyone think SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY is partially WB's attempt to finally use elements from the Kevin Smith SUPERMAN LIVES script and Dan Gilroy's SUPERMAN REBORN?
I doubt it.

I just take it as "The Death of Superman" being a story that WB has been wanting to present for years now. As the Doomsday character was in most of the ill fated Superman film projects in the 1990's. Due to the sales of Superman #75 and the many reprints, not to mention the TPB collection, it's easy to see that alot of people are already familiar with the story. Which gives WB a great place to start.

I will be picking this one up as it has me very intrigued. Saw the trailer online the other night and it looks very promising.

LEX WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! couldn't they have found a guy with a deeper voice at least????? I'm surprised Bruce Timm was cool with that.

After a decade of Clancy Brown, that Lex sounded -----gay. Sorry. I said it. :dry:

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"