Products The Official Superman Returns Toyline-Collectibles Thread

4NutzinYoface said:
Checkin' out eBay and came across this.....

af_1.JPG

cb_1.JPG

Menace To Metropolis! Sounds cool! However it should have been ONE Superman figure and one of Lex's goons with gattling gun :(.....I wonder if we are even getting any more villains?

They also need to get on the ball and make a damn Lois figure...DAMN! :supes:

Friggin' Aussies gettin' all the cool Superman Exclusives (shakes fist in the air)

ya know, I don't think we are getting a Luthor Goon anymore. I mean no one has seen or heard of one being around for a while...I think that one at ToyFair was like....nothing.

I just bought the Superman in the Kryptonian costume, from the return of Superman, today and his right arm fell off. :(

I'm either going to exchange it for the Eradicator or I might go for a Flash.

newmexneon said:
The select sculpt series are real nice looking even though they aren't poseable but they are a nice and cheap alternative to the really exspensive statues.

MAT10160.jpg

MAT10161.jpg
there something wrong qith the neck when view from a different angle

I swear, if Mattel cancelled the Lois Lane figure, I will freak!!!!!! Corporate toy businesses need to realize that they need to start producing more than just one hero and one villain. For people of any age, that's dull. Who's Superman going to save? Who's going to help Lex Luthor defeat the Man of Steel?

Lois Lane, in my opinion, is a necessity. She's the main love interest and plays an important role in the film. If Mattel is worried that she will not sell, include her in a two-pack with Superman (possibly a TRU exclusive, although I loathe those).

One of Luthor's henchmen (Brutus perhaps?) would be fun to have as well. Once again, if the company doesn't think he'll sell, stick him in a two-pack.

Now, as much as I'd love to have a Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Richard White, Clark Kent (not Superman), and other characters, I have no doubt in my mind that Mattel won't even consider these figures.

So, basically, I'm asking Mattel one simply question.

WHY NOT??

You can make a Superman and Lois Lane Barbie doll, but you can't give her own action figure?? You can make crappy plush Superman toys that I can guarantee will not sell well, believing that a Lois Lane figure will not bring in an money! That's bull!

Lois Lane is a key figure in Superman Returns. I think it's quite logical and profitable that a figure of her be made. Give her some sort of cool accessory. Whether it be just a pen and some paper, or perhaps the globe on the Daily Planet (recreate their scene together).

Maybe they got discouraged after seeing how long the females from the original X-Men movie languished on pegs.
It's not unheard of to pull figures from a wave; the Betty Ross figure from Hulk got cancelled, too, as did the Annihilus from the Fantastic Four.

Ben Urich said:
Maybe they got discouraged after seeing how long the females from the original X-Men movie languished on pegs.
It's not unheard of to pull figures from a wave; the Betty Ross figure from Hulk got cancelled, too, as did the Annihilus from the Fantastic Four.

The only female X-Men figure that I found in my toystores was Storm. I was lucky if I saw a Jean Grey, Rogue, or Mystique!

But, yeah, the Betty Ross figure was a let down. I was looking forward to it. I know that a Hulk Dog was released by itself. Wasn't she supposed to be the main figure and that be the accessory??

Spider-Man came out and I was lucky the day that I found MaryJane.

Fantastic Four toys flood my local shops still yet to this day I have never seen an Invisible Woman figure.

And more recently, Keira Knightely figures for POTC are difficult to find and so are Supergirl figures for DC Superheroes.

I'm not saying that female figures sell out quickly. I'm saying that a lot of consumers don't always just want the hero and the villain. In films and comics, female characters can be strong and interesting, attracting people to buy their figures.

I'm sure many members on these boards would buy a Lois Lane figure in a heart beat.

War Lord said:
I just bought the Superman in the Kryptonian costume, from the return of Superman, today and his right arm fell off. :(

I'm either going to exchange it for the Eradicator or I might go for a Flash.

I got a Superman and Batman instead.

Am I wrong to think they should have made just a simple Clark figure? I bought my son the clark / superman figure and it's a pain in the but to help the little guy out every time he wants clark to "change into superman."

For that matter, why make 19 dozen variants of superman? Make a basic figure and some accessory packs. I'd like to see figures for Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Luthor's henchmen, etc.

I wish the toy companies would give kids a little bit of room for imagination.

bhogg said:
Am I wrong to think they should have made just a simple Clark figure? I bought my son the clark / superman figure and it's a pain in the but to help the little guy out every time he wants clark to "change into superman."

For that matter, why make 19 dozen variants of superman? Make a basic figure and some accessory packs. I'd like to see figures for Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Luthor's henchmen, etc.

I wish the toy companies would give kids a little bit of room for imagination.

YHATZEEEE!!!!

I'm with you all the way. My #1 wish for this figure line is LOIS LANE. I am a man and there is no way that I am going to buy a Barbie!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that a Clark figure (him, not Superman) would have been really cool. I could see him coming with his briefcase (open it up and there is his costume!!!)

I think that they should do a Daily Planet figure pack!!! (I can wish). Have Lois, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, and Clark Kent figures.

In the Spider-Man figure line from the first movie, I rarely saw a J. Jonah Jameson figure. I saw Norman Osborn figures but that's it!

UPDATE!!!!

READ THIS:

Are you excited about getting your own action figure? You’re even getting a Barbie doll!
I know. I got sent a Barbie doll the other day. It was pretty weird. I have to say that I really don’t think that they look anything like us. It’s sort of hard to say that when it’s you.

This is taken straight from Wizard's website!!!

I'll say it again....ANYTHING on the 5.5 inch heat vision superman figure?

Payle Gray said:
That Jor-El Hologram Figure looks pretty sweet.

Its kinda good for customizers since its a blank pallet.

But yeah, im definetly gonna pick up the set and holo Jor-El

Can anyone help me out with which would be considered the basic superman out of the action figures

They all pretty much have a "basic Superman" look. His head is different in a few of them, like the one where he's blowing and his cheeks are puffed out. I got the Crystal Escape figure where he has a mean, pissed off face. I also want to pick up the one where his ankles move and he poses like he's flying.

thanks because i wasnt sure if certain ones have different abilities and if one in particular was just basic

Well, some of the action features are different. One that I opened has a little handle on his back so you can pull him back and let go so he punches ...like the old He-Man toys if you remember. I'm not sure about some of the other ones. The best figure, IMO, is the multi articulated one. It's $20 at Toys R Us.

Hi everyone, just wanted to display my version of the the Superman Returns Action figure. I really don't like the current stuff that's out there now. My figure is an 8" Fully articulated figure and in these two scenes he's actually in the air (good wire work; huh!!!). this is picture 2 of 2.
[

Brodie_Bruce said:
Can anyone help me out with which would be considered the basic superman out of the action figures

The Clark-to-Superman figure is pretty basic. Normal face, nothing on his back.

patrickbateman said:
there something wrong qith the neck when view from a different angle
Hi, got some pix of them. They're starting to grow on me actually.
Find them a decent deal cos you get pseudo statues for the money you're paying. Though its really hard to pick out any with minimal paint bleed. Have taken some photos.

184102426_6fdcb42572.jpg

Metropolis Rising Superman

184102877_a07ac2423a.jpg

184102601_f222b8f60d.jpg

184102362_c1dd737d9e.jpg

184102339_32f1de60e8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"