The Official Superman Returns Toyline-Collectibles Thread

Discussion in 'Products' started by dbrm, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Whack Arnolds Registered

Yeah, he's not even using the basic figure to make a comparison. He is using the extreme to help validate his point. It's like using Roto Blade Batman from Batman Begins to say "Ahhh, boohoo, these figures stink." Instead of looking at Battle Gear etc. That figures with the wheels is obviously meant to be gimmicky. Collectors who complain about everything else...should stick to buying the 13 inch Hyperposeable Superman...cause it fufills all their needs. That way they can finally shut the hell up about everything else. Or maybe break bank and buy something to get REAL good quality, like the Medicom or Hot Toys Superman Returns figure.

2. Shamik Registered

Is the 13inch hyperposeable one available? Is that the one that bends at the abdomin? Been looking for it, but haven't seen it.

3. newmexneon Registered

I found the Hyperposeable at TRU. That figure is awesome.

4. Whack Arnolds Registered

That it is, that it is. :o :up:

5. Whack Arnolds Registered

It's probably the best piece of mass released Superman Returns memrobilia out there.

6. 4NutzinYoface Registered

You are damn right I'm using that figure as an example! That is the PERFECT example to a T of how Mattel flushed this line down the crapper.

And I guess Whack you are also blind in addition to many other things.....I am well aware that there is a 13-inch Superman figure and he looks awesome, that's not the damn point...christ. Why couldn't Mattel use the SAME quality inherent in that figure but do a whole basic line of friggin' Superman figures ya dig? Sweet mother of jeezus....don't even bother replying to anything I post man, you like the figures? You are that simple minded that you just want to settle for less than the bare minimum?

Fine, enjoy them in your room, the car, the bathtub wherever the hell you will.....I am speaking on behalf of everyone who is confused by Mattels cheapness and backwards mindset.

7. Whack Arnolds Registered

I wasn't addressing you, sparky. I was speaking with a like minded individual, ya dig? The point is you don't have to be amazed to enjoy them, it's all based off OPINION. And quite frankly, Mattel doesn't give a **** about YOUR opinion on their product. You aren't the primary demopgrahic consumer of toys. Sorry to break this to you, pal. :(

8. JokerFish Registered

And that is why us action figure collectors are b******g Whack Arnolds.

Mattel should listen so that their products appeal to ALL demographics. Not just kids.

You dont think Mattel wants to fail do you?
    They obviously wouldnt want to fail yet they are not using wise choices available. Instead of making just one or 2 GREAT Superman merchandise for a collector. The whole Line should have been GREAT so that everyone would buy them and maybe not ***** so much!
    If you look on Ebay, the Lex Luthor figures arent even selling as fast because
    A) most people learned their lesson from Batman Begins (Ducard, Ras)
    B) not a lot of collectors buy these

Sure theres the Ultra figure, but without a villain, there is really no point.

These figures fly off the shelves because of the movie. If their was no movie, the line would fail and You guys might even b***h.

Its fine if you like these figures, but from my POV these figures could and should should have been 10X better.

And also about the Medicom comment, its not just about which is more high priced. Its that they arent released in a certain scale. Medicom makes doll type action figures with great sculpts, clothing and accessories. The bad thing about that is that my 12" Medicom Superman is not going to look good next to all my other 6" DCD, ML, and the various other small scaled figures.

9. Whack Arnolds Registered

Its not like I wouldn't like better figures, but they usually aren't AS bad as some of you make them out to sound.

10. ReporterKent Registered

'Nuff said.

11. 4NutzinYoface Registered

Amen Amen AAAAMEN! :D :up:

Mattel will enventually give a rats bum when their toys from the movie don't sell....OH SNAP, they aren't selling, that's right.

And JokerFish is most certainly right....the Medicom stuff, while being extremely detailed are friggin' dolls! 6 or 7-inch action figures are the issue here. They don't have to be SO detailed that they look like they just jumped off the screen (...in a perfect world) but at least make a line of figures like the Heat Vision Superman...that style. Does that even compare to Medicom? No...but it a decent style of figure that pleases both kids and people who don't like their toys looking like dog $hit.

12. newmexneon Registered

They're not selling because the movie is still almost a month away. When the movie is released these toys will propably start selling like hotcakes.

13. Wushuboy Registered

While i agree that the release of the movie will boosts sales a little, i dont agree with it being the only reason why these arent selling hot right now. Kids know superman whether theres a movie or not. You think kids would pass up superman toys just because the movie isnt out? When kids go to any store where's the first place you think they ask their parents to go to? That's right, the toy aisle. All the walmarts, targets, and TRUs I've been to have huge SR displays, and yet the pegs are full of superman returns stuff. If kids saw good superman returns figs then it's guaranteed that they'd be selling way before the movie came out. Stores strategically place toy displays to attract kids' attention but it doesnt seem to be working very well. It's not like kids walk down the aisle, see a bunch of superman returns toys and think.. "oh.. well im not sure what these toys are for so i'll pass them up." Regardless of the release of the movie, kids will buy good toys if they see them. The release of the movie will only give sales a short burst as it did with batman begins until they become major peg warmers. Mattel has only just begun to learn from companies like Toybiz to create better sculpted and articulated toys but they have a long way to go. The people who run the company think exactly as some people here.. "oh they're just stupid kids.. they wont know the difference... they just like little action features and such. They wont know what real quality is."

14. JokerFish Registered

I agree.
    Kids know Superman, but because of the movie we have TV ads running around the different stations, enticing the kids to want to buy the various Superman products.
    If there was no movie coming out, the kids would see different ads and then make a completly different purchase at the stores.

Scene
    (At toystore)
    Kid: "Wow, Superman action figures!"
    Parent: " But didnt you say you wanted the ........."
    Kid: "Yeah, your right.....ill go get the other things since i saw it on tv"

Thats whats the kids are thinking. Sure there may be some that just buy the figure because its superman, but then there arent many, so these figures really would be rotting the pegs and the sales would plummit.
    Its all about promotion and advertisements to get the kids.
    It is very rare when a toyline has arms and legs even without a movie or TV show to tie in with it, which is why the collectors market is such a big thing to get in touch with. Collectors know whats good and word of mouth on the internet spreads quickly. Its almost like free publicity for the toy company if a few people praise a figure.
    If this was a great line even without a TV or movie, it would be supported by Collectors. Marvel Legends has survived for over 3 years...

Ok, I think we really should get back on topic. Sorry about my rants.

15. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Does anybody like my customizeing idea??

16. slvknight Guest

When is series 2 coming out? whats coming with it?

17. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

I think maybe a series 2 is out now. I saw 6 new figures at my local Wal Mart yesterday. The kryptonite smash, solar voice,mach speed, and two others i can't remember the names.

18. newmexneon Registered

Series 2 hasn't made it to any of the stores near me. Was there a Lex figure in series 1, becaues I haven't seen a single Lex figure anywhere.

19. Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

Actually, Lex was in series 2. It already hit here at Wal-Mart. Like Kryptonite Break (or something like that) Superman, Up Up & Away Superman, Solar Force Superman, & Missle Launching Lex Luthor. It show there the 2nd Lex figure in Kryptonite battle suit on the back of the card. :)

20. newmexneon Registered

Guess I will just have to wait for them to hit the stores in my area.

21. Maboroshi Registered

I just got these two! :) Clark to Superman and Metropolis Rising Superman.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Gamma Ray Registered

23. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Anybody catch the kryptonite Armor Luthor yet? Or the 5.5 inch heat vision Superman?

24. ReporterKent Registered

Way to rain on people's parades...

Anyways, the armor Luthor will be out probably at the end of the month.

25. BobJM Uncle Charlie

When is the Lois Lane figure coming out?