The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not gonna judge the costume till we see more of it but otherall im ok with it :)

Wow, it looks great then. But I'm disappointed they didn't keep the textures of the old suit and raised webbing again? Wish they kept it like the old suit. Same with the Spider. It all looks really good, but it's also too much of an overhaul.

Wow, it looks great then. But I'm disappointed they didn't keep the textures of the old suit and raised webbing again? Wish they kept it like the old suit. Same with the Spider. It all looks really good, but it's also too much of an overhaul.

I'm loving the overhaul! I had a problem with mostly everything they seem to have changed, so this is heaven for me. :funny:

I hope the back-lit spidey in this new pic indeed indicates that the sequel won't be predominantly set at night.

lets see spider-man doing his thing during the day. it would be a refreshing change imo.

I hope the back-lit spidey in this new pic indeed indicates that the sequel won't be predominantly set at night.

lets see spider-man doing his thing during the day. it would be a refreshing change imo.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Honestly I think a villain like Electro works best at night, but villains like Rhino and Goblin should be in the daytime. Actually, I could take Goblin with both night and day.

I have a big feeling this film will be more "TSSM"-ish than ASM. I get the vibe that this film will be more "heroic" in a sense. Though, of course it will have its dark moments but I think more things will take place in daytime.

The reason why I think this is 1) the suit, 2) the light heroic picture of the suit, 3) people complained about certain things in ASM and 4) the inclusion of Rhino and maybe some other villains (Vulture comes to mind).

By the way, where did that pic originally come from? Webb himself?

we need a poll on whether the webs are black or silver lol.

I think this costume change is a Sony mandate as they changed the cover of the Blu ray to have silver webs and believe me I looked everywhere for a black webbed ASM blu ray cover. I think they want people to harken back to the Raimi Spider-Man movies.

A full body shot will only set itself apart more from the Raimi costume. We're used to seeing the old Spidey costumes with a guy of Tobey's size, far more built then Garfield, I think despite its similarities to the original films, Garfield's build will work even better with this suit. And it goes without saying the lenses are amazing.

Wait... It's the Raimi suit with bigger eyes. Same web pattern, same texture pattern, same spider logo. It's the exact same suit!

I don't think it's the exact same suit...

tas2vraimi.jpg

The new costume looks great. Maybe too much like Raimi's costume but that costume was the best looking in my opinion. Those eyes remind me of Ultimate Spider-Man

Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_156_Textless.jpg

Not to mention the webbing is raised to a far less degree and its black.

I love how the eyes look and the color but other than that it's really to reminiscent of the Raimi suits right down the the raised webbing and spider, which to me makes not much sense to revert back to something that we got in 2002.

Similar to the Raimi suits but damn that mask looks good.

Even if it were 100% identical to raimi's suit it would still be different on screen because andrew garfield has a distinct physique.

But yeah, the eyes are rounded, which i think is different from both series thus far.

can't wait to see the rest of it to be honest :)

I think the webbing will look silver in final movie. It looked black in the first poster of Raimi's Spider-Man but it was silver in the movie

I really can't make my full opinion of the suit till I see a body shot or Andrew wearing it, I want to see the rest of this suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"