The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc said that the lenses are bigger, so even though we have no scale comparison, I think that it's just slightly bigger than the previous ones. This I got from the edges

I may just faint (total hyperbole) if it turns out to be something like the one on the left. I mean they already nailed the lenses. If Webb went all out classic then holy crud folks we have ourselves the best costume to ever grace a superhero film ever.

I know I'm coming off as totally hyperbolic but the potential is huge right now. Please don't drop the ball Webb as you're totally on the right path based on the lenses alone.

H80FsSm.jpg

I know some people liked the costume from TASM but I mean would you really be upset if they made the classic suit in the living flesh? I for one don't think so. It's just too hard to stay mad at something so beautiful.

In some way I would, yes. I love the original, but I prefer TASM's. And it's mainly due to the inclusion of the blue in the gloves, the thinner red on the torso and thinner strips down the arms. I even love the texture of it. I'll be happy if they include the 'belt' and remove the leg strips. But I'm more then happy enough with everything else.

You're not

Ben Reilly's Costume is probably the best Spidey costume to date
If I made a Spider-man movie,I would make the costume 100% like that

Nah. I think Reilly's costume is poor.

Last edited:
they seem too perfect, i mean they are cool but they seem like a company made them not a highscooler

I couldn't care less if they make the suit look like it cost a 100 grand to make, all I care about is whether it looks good or not.
As for the ASM suit I really like it, I like it more than the Raimi suit mainly because it has black webs.

Fix the eyes (white rather than gold) give him a red band around the waist and maybe adjust the spider on the back and we're good to go. But let me stress, these are improvements to a suit I ALREADY like.

Ugh, why is the black border elevated like that, it's flat in the comics and cartoons. Also in the comics the black border often has a blue highlight, where is it ? And why is there a dot pattern ? Who impedes his vision like that ? Whats he trying to be ? Kanye West ?

Gonna fail

Those lenses have the perfect shape IMO, and I like the black/white. However, it's very possible they could be too small or too big. They look pretty small to me there. But if they do the size right, those are perfect!

As much as I liked the costume in ASM, I can totally see what others are saying about its flaws. I think what mainly makes me like it more than Raimi's is the colors, the black and thin webbing and the slim shape.

I really hope they go for a completely classic design with the slim shape and colors of the ASM costume.

Nothing beats the classic costume for me. I'm hoping the new webshooters are an updated version of the classic webshooters.

True. I was just hoping for this too.
I wanna see those old school "bracelets" or whatever you wanna call them.

Not sure if this has been brought up before,
But on the subject of how much larger they're gonna be, they're definitely larger than TASM.
The hashtag that came with the tweet was "#thebettertoseeyouwith" which..I didn't know meant haha so I googled and I guess it's a line from red riding hood- right when she tells the wolf (or grandma) how BIG her eyes were, the wolf responds with that line. (All the better to see you with)
Lol apologies if y'all already knew this

Last edited:
I mean look at it!!!

308zmrs.jpg

That is an awful, awful costume. I can't say enough how much I loathe it and pray to Madame Web that they completely retool the costume this go around. It just looks awful. You can see how awful it looks when he is on top of that building at sunrise/sunset. The costume looks so rubbery and the sun/bright light just illuminates the terrible design of the costume. You couldn't notice it in the school fight because he was moving around so fast and the rest of the movie is at night. They didn't even put a web pattern on the body of the costume for F's sake and the mask web pattern isn't even like a spider's web. I really want to know if they were on peyote...seriously.

It looks absolutely horrid there, but it didn't look anywhere nearly as bad as that on film. The suit translated pretty well on screen imo. Not perfect, but its not like I wanted to stop watching the movie because the costume was just 'so bad'. In fact, for most of the movie, it actually looks pretty good to me. Although I'll admit, it could still have been better.

I mean come on, tell me this looks 'bad' in any way.

tumblr_m61rnzEvhD1rqyoslo1_500.gif

The only thing that I didn't like was lack of belt.

But on the subject of how much larger they're gonna be, they're definitely larger than TASM.
The hashtag that came with the tweet was "#thebettertoseeyouwith" which..I didn't know meant haha so I googled and I guess it's a line from red riding hood- right when she tells the wolf (or grandma) how BIG her eyes were, the wolf responds with that line. (All the better to see you with)

I didn't know this so thanks for sharing, that was very cool! :)

And don't apologise son...I never do! ;)

Good reference. :up:

i like having the suit progress from the first film because because it gives us a story to follow through sequels and keeps things more interesting =)

i wouldn't be surprised if the original yellow lenses are broke in a fight with the rhino or something

It was supposed to look like a teenager designed it, but that is entirely different than it being meant to look awful.

Seeing the new lenses, I'm even more thinking that we could get something similar to this:

Spiderman-04.jpg

And that makes me excited! I love teves' concept art. The lenses are almost identical. Just get rid of the leg stripes.

What do you think?

The costume looks iffy when it's a photo but when it's lit by a cinematographer and is movie it's a work of art. I freaking love the costume, I think it makes the old costume look rubbish in comparision.

A highschooler couldn't make the first costume. Who cares about this aspect...I mean really? How Peter makes his costume isn't at all important to the character one bit. Mama Kent couldn't make Superman's costume in the new MoS but I am not going to throw my popcorn at the screen when he just appears with it or she hands him the costume she made for him. A man turned into a giant lizard in the last movie...lets suspend our beliefs about a highschool kid making a great looking costume.

Totally agree that it's unimportant how he makes his costume. And the thing about how it looks like a teenager made it? No it does not. It looks like a professional movie studio made it, just like the Raimi costume. That's something you're never going to escape in these movies. Just accept it.

Disagree that since a man turned into a giant Lizard in the first movie, that any sense of "reality" has gone out the window and that we should just accept whatever outlandish nonsense is thrown at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"