The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need to trash a suit, but whenever he makes a new one, there's no reason why he can't improve it, if he got better at making it.

I don't see the need for a redesign. I very much liked the suit in ASM. They are gonna make changes though and so far I'm really digging the new lenses so I'm hopeful what other changes they do opt for; I'll like those as well.

Well, I can understand if he makes a new costume to simply not look like a punk. Stacy did say that he dresses like an outlaw. While it can just mean the over all "hiding behind the mask thing", the current suit is pretty "ghetto"

The way I see it, after introducing Spider-Man taking down robbers with already having the new suit, next scene would have Gwen asking "why did you redo your costume" and Peter could sarcastically make a crack about him being vain. And then he would follow with a slight mention how he doesn't want to be the hero fighting in the ghetto costume. Not to mention that he could say he paid for it with his new photography job

I'd just love to see a combination of the TASM costume and the classic costume, so I'm gonna take any major changes with a grain of salt. Still, I might be wishing too much. He might have the new bigger eyes, new web shooters and the belt purely for practical purposes, so I think we shouldn't be waiting for anything more than that

Spider-Man isn't batman. There's no armor that needs to be modified. We don't need to be told reasons why he changed his suit. It's enough that we got a montage of him creating the original one.

Spider-Man isn't batman. There's no armor that needs to be modified. We don't need to be told reasons why he changed his suit. It's enough that we got a montage of him creating the original one.

The reason you say that is because Spider-Man almost never wears a different costume in the comics, while Iron-Man and Batman do updates frequently

The point I'm trying to make is: Spider-man is the type that very rarely wears something else than the classic, not the type that when he modifies his costume/web shooters it doesn't need an explanation. Almost every time he changes his costume it has a practical purpose. Ben Reilly doesn't count, he is a different person

And about the belt, it's not that it needs explaining, but many of us think it'd be fun for it to be explained for how it gives Spidey a practical advantage

The only reason we need is that he got better at making it, can afford other materials, or just wants to improve the look. Like putting a web pattern on the entire boot for example. Heck, you can go with the excuse that the tights he used to make the first costume, aren't available anymore, so uses tights that are completely blue and don't have the red stripes.

The reason you say that is because Spider-Man almost never wears a different costume in the comics, while Iron-Man and Batman do updates frequently

That is the most incorrect thing I have read on these forums in a long time. Spider-Man has a new costume every damn week.

I swear, during Slott's run Spidey has had a new costume every other issue.

That is the most incorrect thing I have read on these forums in a long time. Spider-Man has a new costume every damn week.

I don't think so. He has had many different costumes, but he doesn't change it/update it nearly as frequently as Iron-Man or Batman. Well, to be fair, I don't read Batman comics or Iron-Man comics, but that is what people are saying of those two all the time, and I certainly read Spider-Man comics so I somewhat believe in my assumption

Yes this is cheating, but I don't want to count the Slott run since there is rarely any good stuff in there

Slott's run has been one of the best in a long time. I think people are focusing on the current state of his run (which is still great) rather than the rest of the years he's been on the title.

If you're referring strictly to costumes, there are a load of cool costumes that have showed up in Slott's run. The current Superior costume is one of my favorite Spidey costumes ever.

And that's because Doc Ock is in his body.

Ok, you're kinda having a point there, but still I'm not talking about small changes but rather if the whole design has changed. Gotta admit, as silly as it would be, I just couldn't be angry at them for putting something so beautiful as the classic costume on the big screen

The thing about Spidey changing his costume in the comics is that there is always a good reason behind it.

When Spidey lost his spider-sense, he made the bulletproof costume to protect himself. He made the Big Time suit to protect himself from Hobgoblin's Goblin Scream as well as some other stuff I don't remember, that suit had a lot of different functions.

Anyway point is they always explain why Spidey is changing his costume, I don't want him to just show up with a new costume in the new movie for no reason.

How bout he can only stitch his one up so many times?

Looked fine at the end of TASM after the beating it took.

The thing about Spidey changing his costume in the comics is that there is always a good reason behind it.

When Spidey lost his spider-sense, he made the bulletproof costume to protect himself. He made the Big Time suit to protect himself from Hobgoblin's Goblin Scream as well as some other stuff I don't remember, that suit had a lot of different functions.

Anyway point is they always explain why Spidey is changing his costume, I don't want him to just show up with a new costume in the new movie for no reason.

Spider-Who seems to think that a completely new costume simply requires no explanation because "he's that type of a hero". I don't think so, and as I said, having no explanation on changing the whole costume would be really silly

I don't want him to just show up with a new costume either.

A little, tiny explanation is fine.

The point I'm trying to make is: Spider-man is the type that very rarely wears something else than the classic, not the type that when he modifies his costume/web shooters it doesn't need an explanation. Almost every time he changes his costume it has a practical purpose. Ben Reilly doesn't count, he is a different person

And about the belt, it's not that it needs explaining, but many of us think it'd be fun for it to be explained for how it gives Spidey a practical advantage

:up:

I think Gwen saying why the change and Peter saying 'because I like to stay fashionable' is enough explanation for me.

Besides, I'm not too fussed about the costume at this point. As long as it involves some big yellow rubber gloves I'm fine with it.

What if Gwen did it for him? Or Aunt May? (It seemed kinda implied that she knew he was Spider-Man at the end.) "Peter these are ripped to shreds, it just won't do."

I don't see his costume getting torn to shreds at the beginning of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"