Transformers The Official Transformers Fan Art/Manips Thread

guys, check this one out.

ultraMagnus.jpg

The head is ok, I like the truck and robot body though.

WOW... these are all great.. Makes me wanna find someone to turn my monte carlo into a transformer. Great job everyone!

Very nice mMark, a bit change at Optimus' left leg and chest and the pic will be perfect :)

Does anyone have any big pics of cool looking snow plow vehicles? Like, the really huge ones.

I wanna make up a design for a snow plow decepticon: Frost Bite

I was just messing around, and i was seeing how OP would look without the flames. While i was all for the new design, i always hated the flames, not because it didn't look cool, but because you didn't really have a distinct red part and a distinct blue part. From a far, it all looks kinda purple. I must say, i kinda like teh sans flames look. If they wanted to keep the flames, they could have had ghost flames where it was the same color.

1165581625_6073e.jpg
1165581625_6073.jpg

I was just messing around, and i was seeing how OP would look without the flames. While i was all for the new design, i always hated the flames, not because it didn't look cool, but because you didn't really have a distinct red part and a distinct blue part. From a far, it all looks kinda purple. I must say, i kinda like teh sans flames look. If they wanted to keep the flames, they could have had ghost flames where it was the same color.

1165581625_6073e.jpg
1165581625_6073.jpg

i think i would have to disagree. if they were to remove the flames, i think they would then need rearrange the blue and red colors. because now it looks like he's just wearing a shirt and pants...not very robotlike. to me it just looks to plain.

just my opinion.:woot:

i think i would have to disagree. if they were to remove the flames, i think they would then need rearrange the blue and red colors. because now it looks like he's just wearing a shirt and pants...not very robotlike. to me it just looks to plain.

just my opinion.:woot:

Does anyone else think the one of the left looks that much different than the one on the right?

Nothing wrong with disagreeing. I personally do not think it looks plain. It still looks VERY complex IMO, far more complex than the original cartoons. But i have to say, it really doesn't look like he's wearing a t-shirt/pants. It looks just as complicated/robot-like as the one on the left.

I never liked the flames. It just seemed they made the change for the sake of change. I like the bumble-bee car wings (very creative), i liked that ratchett wasn't just an ambulance but a search and rescue vehicle. and I liked megatron's design. But OP's flames didn't work for me. I wouldn't have minded if he had ghost flames (same color as the body), but i personally thought it made an already complicated look even more busy. I mean, it was hard to figure out what was going on in most of the action sequences.

But, to each his own.

The flames were done because Bay felt red alone would not photograph well. Therefore, Hasbro compromised to allow a red chest. It wasn't done for the sake of it.

The flames were done because Bay felt red alone would not photograph well. Therefore, Hasbro compromised to allow a red chest. It wasn't done for the sake of it.

That's true. Apparently red doesn't look too good with the lighting. That's what they said on the DVD, at least.

fair enough.

but i think bay could have gotten around it. He's a master photographer, so if he wanted to, i'm sure he could have found a way. I remember him saying he saw the truck, and fell in love with it, said that's optimus prime (HBO special, and on the DVD). i don't think it was the other way around. so i still think it is still a drastic change (again, i loved teh movie, and it didn't take away from me enjoying it, i just would have preferred thats all. Like i said, i wouldn't mind the ghost flames if the solid color was causing problems.

I'm working on a Transformers painting. I thought I'd share some of it.
Prime2.jpg

sweet... watercolour?

OMG.... Somebody at CGTalk did one of my favorite "Starscream"

209942_1205679699_large.jpg

That's awesome, it really gives Starscream a sinister look, and that looks like Skywarp on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"