Playstation Home Official Thread

The Guardian

Forever In Darkness
Reaction score
I THOUGHT NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO START DISCUSSING THE NEW ONLINE SERVICE COMING IN A FEW SHORT MONTHS AND TO START THINGS OF IGN HAS POSTED A CRAP LOAD OF SCREENS OF HOME!!!:eek::up: IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ENHANCED THE INTERFACE QUITE A BIT AND THE AREAS WE'LL BE VISITING WILL BE MUCH LARGER THAN WHAT THEY HAD SHOWN BEFORE, IT LOOKS GREAT, CHECK IT OUT!!!:D:up:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/891/891773/imgs_1.html

This reminds me a lot of the sims

Visually it has some similarities, looking good.

Hiya! I don't own a PS3, but is this "Playstation Home" thing going to replace the main menu or is it another thing all together?

Hiya! I don't own a PS3, but is this "Playstation Home" thing going to replace the main menu or is it another thing all together?

NO, I DON'T THINK SO, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, A NEW HOME ICON WILL BE ADDED TO THE PS3 XMB OR INTERFACE, AND YOU CAN LOG ON TO HOME THROUGH THE ICON!!!:D:up:

from what i understand there maybe the option to boot straight into home. the xmb will still definitely be an option.

Yeah, it will be an executable on the XMB, just like Folding at Home is, though I have heard that you can boot straight into Home if you wish.

Also, in game XMB will very very very very very very very likely be arriving at the same time as Home does.

I think this is going to be an awesome service. It'll be awesome that when I don't really feel like playing a proprer PS3 game, I can go online and do a whole range of things.

I think this is going to be an awesome service. It'll be awesome that when I don't really feel like playing a proprer PS3 game, I can go online and do a whole range of things.
I challenge you to the first game of chess or bowling!
I think I mentioned it a long time ago, but we should set up a designated area for all us (Hype) to meet up in Home. If that's possible.

I challenge you to the first game of chess or bowling!
I think I mentioned it a long time ago, but we should set up a designated area for all us (Hype) to meet up in Home. If that's possible.

You can have clan homes methinks. I think it'd be awesome to get a clan room with a couple of chess boards, pool tables, etc and we could all stream out music to each other. :up: I HAVE to buy a head set before Home comes out.

That would be cool. Head sets are a must.

Would be pretty sweet to be able to just go "Let's do my level on Little Big Planet!" too :up:

I didn't think of that! :up:

I really like the idea of others getting to watch the movies you have. I'm a big movie guy, but there alot out there I haven't seen yet.

Its pretty cool I beta test Home...but since its beta theres not many people online when I get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"