The official "ZOMG! I played with my Wii for the first time!" Thread.

....yeah, emulators are great, but once you can do the honorable thing and PAY the creators for something, you SHOULD. When buying a new NES and new copy of Mario 3 wasn't an option, then it was marginally excusable for private use. Now that you can get a perfect, legit copy and you still steal it? That's low.

A friend of mine played with it today. 43 year old programmer and owner of a digital video startup, so no stranger to technology, never been interested in video games but was CRAVING a Wii.

His response?

"So...it's a wireless optical mouse. This is nothing new. No wonder it's not called the Revolution anymore. I didn't even swing a tennis racket, I moved it left or right-that's not a game!"

He enjoyed it.

Hands-on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
by Matt Casamassina

After 10 minutes, playing Twilight Princess with the Wii remote and nunchuk feels good. You have to understand that the remote does not suddenly bring one-to-one swordplay to the table, which seems like an eventuality for a future Zelda game. But even without it, the control still works just fine. It is not clumsy by comparison to the GCN build and your arms will absolutely not grow tired and fall off. If you want to, you can make those exaggerated and dramatic full-arch movements as seen in Nintendo Wii promos to control Link's sword swipes. But by no means is playing that way a necessity. You could play like I do, which is just to subtly shake the controller to and from every time you want to perform a swipe. Keep shaking it and Link will continue to slash at enemies. It's not difficult. It's not messy. It works every time and it feels pretty damned good. In fact, after an hour or two with the game, you start to really prefer this method to more traditional controls. There is something more tangible to it. It might seem like a little thing, but shaking the remote in lieu of pressing a button more accurately conveys the sense that you're in control of a sword. It honestly, truly does. And I'm neither lying nor brainwashed when I state that, given the choice, there is no way I would go back to the old control scheme.

Quit trying Mr.HateYOurself. Everyone knows you hated the Wii before it was called that and have already decided that you will not like it without playing it. So quit lying and making up bull**** of people playing it and calling it "Power Glove 2" or "an optical mouse" (which even the latter would be great for console gaming and at least much better at shooters). It is obviously you are making it up and no one really cares that you hate it. Go play your PS3 (if you can manage to get one and it doesn't break down after 20 minutes like the display models) and quit trolling here then.

DACrowe said:
already decided that you will not like it without playing it. So quit lying and making up bull**** of people playing it and calling it "Power Glove 2" or "an optical mouse" (which even the latter would be great for console gaming and at least much better at shooters). It is obviously you are making it up and no one really cares that you hate it. Go play your PS3 (if you can manage to get one and it doesn't break down after 20 minutes like the display models) and quit trolling here then.

Haven't played it? Funny, I was playing a Wii and a PS3 months ago....

Sorry, but it is Power Glove 2. It's nothing new, different or anything like it's advertised.

Break after 20 minutes? The two at the trade show I was at ran from 6am until 5pm nonstop without a problem.

But if it's not a Power Glove, an Optical Mouse, what it is? Because it fits both of those descriptions. Explain, please, how it's "new" and "revolutionary"? Because we've all seen it before, and it's far more limited than they hype is suggesting-if you had any grasp of technology you could see that BEFORE even touching it. Explain how the technology isn't the same thing as a wireless/optical mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"