The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys seriously expected anyone else apart form the great all father saint god himself messi

its become a joke

Another bad result, I only saw the highlights but it seemed very end to end with our midfield being empty enough to park a jumbo jet in as usual. I agree about us needing signings, maybe not 6, but I am not sure I'd want to trust Moyes with the kind of money we need to spend.

Suarez hat-trick tonight was one of the best I've seen and then he topped it off with a fantastic free-kick for his 4th.

Arsenal comfortably took care of Hull where as Chelsea looked very sloppy defensively against Sunderland and needed that big performance from Hazard. City are building momentum with another win however I think Pellegrini will have been irritated by the two goals conceded as they switched off. Spurs needed that win tonight but like us I think they may well be on the outside staring in at the top 4 come the end of the season.
You think Liverpool will get 4th?

Last edited:
ed wooodward has been making comments on united fiances

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/ed-woodward-manchester-united-can-6373895

Take Liverpool. They still sell an incredible number of shirts and have the second biggest shirt deal in the Premier League.

yeah that will so work out in the long run

If we have a bad year we have the financial strength to change the team. We have so much deeper financial strength that instead of selling three players and buying three, we can do five.

so why the **** were you trying to penny pinch and cheap out on every deal in the last transfer window

They have one of the biggest technical partner deals - and they haven't won the league since 1990. And you can put the last bit underlined and in capitals

now but they have been rebuilding, and way to show class in your ohh so subtle digs there

Yeah. So that's 23 years with no title for Liverpool after their period of mega-dominance but Utd went 25/26 years without a title before their run of success under one of the best all time managers. In the English league titans come and go so he should be a bit more careful with this kind of arrogant statement. Can't imagine telling the Liverpool supporters in 1990 that in 2013 they still wouldn't have won another title and it's proof that that can happen to by far the dominant club, even more so now that the league has a lot more high level competitors.

He was asked if United's finances could handle a season outside the Champions League and he said yes and explained why. Nothing he said seemed unreasonable.

Most of it is reasonable but he seems way overconfident. The finances can of course survive a year outside the CL but they won't be able to attract the kind of players they will be able to afford but will need from outside the CL. It will be the likes of Rooney & to a lesser extent VP who will be looking the other way. VP left a club who qualified for the CL EVERY year so that he could land a few trophies before hanging up his boots. At his age he hasn't got time for the new Utd generation to get up to speed under Moyes.

England get Uruguay, Italy & Costa Rica for their World Cup draw.

Headlines everywhere in USA's group:

history with Germany and Portugal. Klinsmann vs Germany

Ghana eliminated the US last time

Cristiano Ronaldo vs USA

Damn it is going to be exciting, the US better be prepared...We also have the worst travel schedule out of any team at the World Cup

Pretty much USA has the group of death

Ba0X5GTCYAAcArG.png:large

USA have a good chance to finish second in that group IMO. They have to HAVE to beat Ghana though and maybe get a draw to ensure passage out of the group stage. A draw against Portugal is very possible. England/Italy will probably be a draw, England should beat Costa Rica and Uruguay could go either way.

I think you overestimate Portugal.

Possibly bar Ronaldo they do have a other very good players. But how are you guys going to stop Cristiano? Possibly as closest to a one man team at the tournament.

Possibly bar Ronaldo they do have a other very good players. But how are you guys going to stop Cristiano? Possibly as closest to a one man team at the tournament.

You put two guys on him and ask others to beat you

Put 2 guys on one man and you'll probably lose anyway. 10 Vs 9 of roughly same ability is 9 outfield Vs 8. The 8 will usually have to be a lot better or very lucky to get a result.

I don't think England will make it out of that group.

Certainly not favourites to make it out. I think we have to hope for 2 draws against Italy & Uruguay and beating Costa Rica..and hope one of Uruguay & Italy beat the other rather than draw.

Uruguay and either Italy/England make it

Whoever is in better form of the latter make...Having this in brazil bodes well for Uruguay

England are usually terrible in international tournaments held in hot countries. Roll on Qatar!

Uruguay besides the top two players (Suarez and Cavani) aren't very good they're an aging team by all accounts. Who struggled in the South American qualifiers.

Uruguay besides the top two players (Suarez and Cavani) aren't very good they're an aging team by all accounts. Who struggled in the South American qualifiers.
You just made them sound 10 times better than us!

We have Welbeck! On the plus side hopefully we won't have Ashley Young. That's what I'm pinning my World Cup hopes on.

You just made them sound 10 times better than us!

We have Welbeck! On the plus side hopefully we won't have Ashley Young. That's what I'm pinning my World Cup hopes on.

:woot:

Sturridge will be back by then I believe he's out for 8 weeks. If only the dinosaur plays him in the correct way. Our defence will get mullered (no pun intended) though.

:woot:

Sturridge will be back by then I believe he's out for 8 weeks. If only the dinosaur plays him in the correct way. Our defence will get mullered (no pun intended) though.
What's your correct way out of interest? Rooney and Sturridge need some more games together as Sturridge has potential but is still too raw. Shame about his injury. I think we need to be defensive (at least 2 midfielders who can defend well) against both Italy & Uruguay and hope for one lucky break. Not much else we can do with the talent we now have without getting totally ripped apart. That approach can work well in Cup competitions if you're organised enough (and.................. good at penallties :csad:). Costa Rica is a must win game though. If that's even near the whistle I want Joe Hart, Paul Ruddy, Pantilimon and Peter Shilton in the box for that last minute corner.

I'd play a 4-4-1-1 with Rooney playing in behind Sturridge with Walcott on one wing and I'd play Baines and Cole on the left hand side think that could work out really well. Wilshire and Gerrard as the two in central midfield.

Unfortunately we just don't have good enough squad and the talent pool is drying up quickly not to mention a dinosaur in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"