The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats a lot of money but several teams were after him I guess it turned into a bidding war to push the price up so much. Not watched enough of him to know how good he is but its a big loss for Brighton who always seem to go through this cycles of losing players they discover but for good fees, seem to have taken over from Southampton in that regard, I guess its just their model for surviving and to be fair its working for them so far, just have to keep fidning the next one though otherwise you might slip down the table or out of it like the Saints have.

Thats going to be so odd watching him play their, never seemed like a destination anyone pictured him at but I guess guaranteed domestic silverware and the semi-decent shot at a CL each season is worth it now for him. At one time it could have been City or Madrid but those ships have passed it seems.

Would have been perfect for us once but now at his age and the fact we are still a bit in the building stage there's no guarantees we win anything either.

Shame for Spurs but they never really built enough of a side around him to make him not even want to leave or kept a decent manager long enough to make it work, Conti going was probably the last straw. They have no chance for the top 4 now.

No doubt we will see more and hear more from the Bundesliga this season over here with Englands captain playing in Bayern so just makes the season even more interesting.

Maybe selling Kane could be a blessing in disguise for Spurs. If you're a new manager coming in after last season's disappointing results, and people were already going "Spurs are gonna suck this year", maybe starting life without Kane makes that transition easier. People will write off Spurs even more now and I'm sure Ange Postecoglou can find something positive in that. Spurs finishing 6th or something this season WITH Kane would have been met with shrugs, finishing the same place without him and people might go "Yeah we got something here".

Haaland scores within 4 minutes of the new season starting!

3-0 in the end to City with Rodri getting the third. Business as usual resumed from last season it seems.

Thats a lot of money but several teams were after him I guess it turned into a bidding war to push the price up so much. Not watched enough of him to know how good he is but its a big loss for Brighton who always seem to go through this cycles of losing players they discover but for good fees, seem to have taken over from Southampton in that regard, I guess its just their model for surviving and to be fair its working for them so far, just have to keep fidning the next one though otherwise you might slip down the table or out of it like the Saints have.
At the moment it’s working well with fees like this enabling the funding of many more youth prospects who could hit it big. The one worry is if their recruitment and development staff get poached (like Dan Ashworth at Newcastle) as that could limit their future prospects. Certainly have an amazing system in place right now so they deserve to be doing well in the league.

3-0 in the end to City with Rodri getting the third. Business as usual resumed from last season it seems.

I'm a little late to the party but congratulations to City on winning the league. Feels good to get that out the way nice and early this season.

What happened to that new thread, Iceman? :p

As for United. I'm enjoying the business, especially shipping out players, and I love our third kit. It's beautiful.

What happened to that new thread, Iceman? :p

As for United. I'm enjoying the business, especially shipping out players, and I love our third kit. It's beautiful.
Haha, I did remember after the CL final but forgot how to do it automatically thread-manager style to keep the series link going. Will sort asap. :up:

Arsenal 2-0 up at home to Forest at half time. Nketiah and Saka with the goals.

Forest get 1 back but Arsenal get the 3 points. The main group of fixtures for the new season finally kicks off!

Everton had tons of chances but could not score, they should not be happy losing to Fulham like that.

Tonali scores a few minutes into his debut!!

Newcastle take the lead in an important game against likely big Euro place rival Villa.

Moussa Diaby, the player I really wanted to come here gets the equaliser. Both debutants already on the scoresheet!

Isak!!! 2-1 already. Plus a bunch more chances and activity. This game is awesome so far!

Isak again, 3-1!! Just want the 3 points against a big rival. Could be a great start to the season if we see it through.

4-1!!!

2 subs Barnes and Wilson combine for the 4th goal. Just what we needed to kick off against Villa before they go on a good run after getting injured players back and the new ones settling in.

5-1!!! Barnes, another debut scorer after getting an assist just before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"