The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big win for Newcastle opening day, off to a flyer, Isaak really is a player and Barnes looks like he will fit in nicely to this side as well.

Sobering day for Luton though and not the start Everton wanted either. Arsenal managed to hold onto their win even though Forest gave them a scare at the end of the game.

Looking forward to Chelsea v Liverpool tomorrow really should be a good one that.

Lively start to the season, Arsenal pushed close by Forest but City and Newcastle had impressively comfortable wins, as did Brighton who donn't look to have missed a beat despite having lost their engine room.

Liverpool vs Chelsea in the Caicedo derby was pretty good, both teams had spells of decent attacking play and Nunez looks like he's trying to morph into Zlatan.

The transfer window will thankfully be shut in a couple of weeks, the craziness of Chelsea's spending is hard to understand, does FFP not apply to them? Caicedo is a good player but £115M is ridiculous, so was the £105M they spent on Enzo, both talented but that's absolute elite player money, for that type of outlay I'd want a prime Matthaus/Beckebauer/Robson/Rijkaard/Redondo level midfielder.

So which news players to the PL is everyone looking forward to seeing? And which players progress are you interested in this season?

Of the new additions I'm obviously interested to see Hojlund and Tonali got off to a great start so it'll be interesting to see if he maintains it across the season. I'm also looking forward to seeing Dahoud at Brighton and Timber at Arsenal, while it'll be fascinating to see how Gvridol evolves under Pep's system.

The players who I'm looking to see progression from are Antony, Sancho, Isak, Darwin Nunez and Enzo Fernández, and outside the big clubs I'm checking for Morgan Gibbs-White, Matheus Nunes, Jacob Ramsey and Evan Ferguson.

It's bizzaro world!

Bloody hell! :funny: when you look at the low calibre of midfielder we're looking at it's obvious Ten Hag wants nothing more than a back-up as he intends to keep on with this ridiculous Mount as a #8 experiment. :doh:

Other thread mate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back