The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Arsenal are playing, you would think they were coming home after a week game in Champions League or Europa League, but nope. Baffling why they are only giving 70% out there. They should have gotten a penalty and the red card might have been a bit harsh (but not wrong), but they have created very few chances considering their advantage. If they only crank up their tempo to 100%, they should get away with a win though.

I tune in and Mitrovic gets sent sent off 10 seconds later! Not complaining about the decision though.

I would, never a red and effects the rest of the game. Really poor stuff

Officiating this season has been all over the place IMO, some of the silliest decisions.

I'm usually reluctant to criticise refs as I think they are overly criticised and often used as an easy out by managers and fans, but that decision baffles me. Mitrovic seems to have been officiated based on reputation rather than the foul. I couldn’t see an Aguero getting sent off for that same challenge

I agree about refs, but at the moment it feels like there's a contentious, potentially game changing, decision every game. The plain fact is the PL has been decided by small margins these days, and something like that red has stark repercussions. Feels like officials are getting lazy.

The linesman and ref missing the Arsenal penalty is also laughable. The organizational bodies need to implement measures so each decision can be viewed, when there are 3 officials that still miss things it gets exasperating.

@FCBayernEN
Here's the #FCBayern XI: Neuer - Thiago, Lewandowski, Robben, Costa, Alonso, Bernat, Lahm (c), Vidal, Müller, Alaba #FCBB04

no defenders..ftw

Attack attack attack....?

Palace beat Chelsea at the Bridge 2-1.

I'd be very curious to hear everyone's thoughts on today's officiating in regard to the red cards, particularly the ones in the Liverpool game.

Both reds in the Pool game seemed bizarre as hell.

I missed Coutinho's first yellow but the second one was definitely yellow, so the red was definitely warranted. Noble's tackle was yellow-card worthy but IMO he hit the ball and it was a bit harsh. He already had a yellow though, but the straight red was harsh.

@FCBayernEN
Here's the #FCBayern XI: Neuer - Thiago, Lewandowski, Robben, Costa, Alonso, Bernat, Lahm (c), Vidal, Müller, Alaba #FCBB04

no defenders..ftw

The hipster *****es will be unbearable.....

Last edited:
I'd be very curious to hear everyone's thoughts on today's officiating in regard to the red cards, particularly the ones in the Liverpool game.

Both reds in the Pool game seemed bizarre as hell.

Coutinho's first yellow was for not retreating ten yards when West Ham tried to take a quick free kick. Silly yellow that he could have avoided easily.

Nobles straight red seemed a bit harsh it wasnt like he was showing his studs or two footed and he got the ball.

I think Noble got his red card because the game was already getting chippy and he just happened to do the wrong thing at the wrong time

sucks because now Coutinho is out against United on Sep 12

Can't imagine that'll happen unless something else is in the pipeline. Evans leaves for West Bromwich too, and Blackett loaned to Celtic for a season. Finally United are clearing some of the lower quality players out.

I wouldn't blame LvG for getting rid of Hernandez after that display against Brugge.

Coutinho's first yellow was for not retreating ten yards when West Ham tried to take a quick free kick. Silly yellow that he could have avoided easily.

Nobles straight red seemed a bit harsh it wasnt like he was showing his studs or two footed and he got the ball.

Oooh okay, because on the post match chat I saw they insinuated he got his first yellow for simulation and the replay they attributed it to didn't seem like simulation at all.

James Rodriguez is a beast.

DistantNeglectedBluebottlejellyfish.gif

James was great against Betis. He was the MOTM IMO. Bale also had a great game and was the 2nd best player.

I thought both reds in the Liverpool vs West Ham game were wrong calls. Coutinho's second yellow was for getting Payet's arse in his face, and Noble got the ball cleanly, neither were even yellows IMO.

I thought Mitrovic's was a definite red, over the ball and studs up, could have damaged the guy.

Both of Stoke's reds were on the money but Gardner should have gone as well for being the first to raise his hands.

The biggest puzzler of the day was how Huth didn't get sent off, he shoves Callum Wilson over, then boots the ball off him and then straight arms another Bournemouth player in the face.

What is wrong with Chelsea? :funny:

I think it has to do with some of their best players getting on in years, especially at the back. Terry and Ivanovich have both been excellent for them for several seasons but maybe they are just past their peak now and teams that attack them with pace cause them more issues now, even teams like Palace are not afraid to have a go with their nippy wingers. Cahill is not bad but he is no Terry yet and Courtouis is good but not as good as Cech yet so their defense is going through the same transition that United did when we lost Rio, Vidi and Evra.

Going forward I'm sure they will be fine this season, they have quality midfield and forwards but their defense clearly needs sorting in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"