The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Everton need goals too so this could suit everyone.

Those "crap" teams are a high level of football for the majority of professional players, it's only the guys like Ox who have already had exposure at one of the biggest clubs who are likely to be unsatisfied with earning still good money and playing week in week out for a West Ham or Palace. And those winners medals when you don't participate aren't valued that highly by a lot of players, ask Roy Keane and Paul Scholes about the winning CL final they missed (where they actually DID deserve winners medal for their huge earlier contributions).
Iceman, let's be serious. These clubs are all considered selling clubs for a reason. It is why these annoying transfer sagas go on every summer. If a player shows themselves capable of moving on, they try their hardest to get out, no matter the playing time they will get. It even happens a Liverpool, consistently. Their two best players of the last 5 years wanted out for Barca.

Guys like Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Messi, etc. They are different then the vast majority of footballers. They are the type of players so great, they can make bank at a top club and win things. That is not the guys who are making a third of what they could riding the bench at Barca getting their brains beat in every season. This is a not a problem they have to worry about until they are on the backside of their careers, hanging on.

Players at a club like Southhampton and even Everton are there for two reasons. To get in the shop window or because that is as high as they can get. You think if you went to every single West Ham player and told them they could go ride the bench at Bayern and make more money, they wouldn't? Really? The concept of generational wealth is real and something these players are looking for.

Last edited:
Is the Athletico transfer ban now completely over? I hope Griezmann can still be done within that period as he can take you on to the next step (although I wouldn't want him changing your team's makeup right now with all this momentum.
No, it ends in Jan. They can make moves, they simply can't register players apparently. So yeah. :funny:

Diego Costa at Everton on loan til January? Where are you seeing that?
On my board. No one big has picked it up yet. The fee rumored is 45m. It also matches this idea.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...costa-link-but-wants-to-sign-two-more-players

Iceman, let's be serious. These clubs are all considered selling clubs for a reason. It is why these annoying transfer sagas go on every summer. If a player shows themselves capable of moving on, they try their hardest to get out, no matter the playing time they will get. It even happens a Liverpool, consistently. Their two best players of the last 5 years wanted out for Barca.

Guys like Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Messi, etc. They are different then the vast majority of footballers. They are the type of players so great, they can make bank at a top club and win things. That is not the guys who are making a third of what they could riding the bench at Barca getting their brains beat in every season.

Players at a club like Southhampton and even Everton are there for two reasons. To get in the shop window or because that is as high as they can get. You think if you went to every single West Ham player and told them they could go ride the bench at Bayern and make more money, they wouldn't? Really? The concept of generational wealth is real and something these players are looking for.
No but that's not what I am saying. I specifically didn't disagree with those points you made. Most other pro footballers would of course be happier doing better than they're doing financially but that doesn't mean that they aren't very happy with earning the kind of money they are getting at West Ham that they couldn't dream about in another career while playing football regularly, and that they wouldn't be less happy with their careers sitting on the bench. I would take a job that paid £500k a year if it meant sitting in a bog full of **** wearing a nappy and having to sing Barbie Girl all day long, but that doesn't mean I'd be as happy in my career or enjoy my days as much. Also and separately if you want international football you need regular football. Many guys move from a big club for that reason.

No but that's not what I am saying. I specifically didn't disagree with those points you made. Most other pro footballers would of course be happier doing better than they're doing financially but that doesn't mean that they aren't very happy with earning the kind of money they are getting at West Ham that they couldn't dream about in another career while playing football regularly, and that they wouldn't be less happy with their careers sitting on the bench. I would take a job that paid £500k a year if it meant sitting in a bog full of **** wearing a nappy and having to sing Barbie Girl all day long, but that doesn't mean I'd be as happy in my career or enjoy my days as much. Also and separately if you want international football you need regular football. Many guys move from a big club for that reason.
But that isn't the same thing at all. They aren't getting paid to sit in crap. They are getting paid 5m-7m to be a rockstar. And in quite a few cases, live in some rather nice locations.

As to international football, the best way to make a team is to be at one of the biggest clubs. When they leave looking for that, it is for an equally large club or it is because they club really wants to sell and thus are threatening with the, "train with the reserves" thing.

Glad to see these bans are enforced so strictly!
Technically it is strict, but the rule is so stupid. They can buy players, but can't register them. So while they can't use them, they still have secured players when they shouldn't be allowed to. It sucks.

Reports suggest Alexis Sanchez has handed in a transfer request. I can imagine every other top six side, Bayern, Juventus and PSG will be knocking on the door now.

V tidy bit of business from us in last 24 hours, got the midfielder we wanted plus another possible move, just tie up a C D now and we are on target.

There seems like there is still business to be done from several Premiership clubs before the window shuts.

I'd expect a couple more £30m+ moves before it closes.

Reports suggest Alexis Sanchez has handed in a transfer request. I can imagine every other top six side, Bayern, Juventus and PSG will be knocking on the door now.

Seems like City are trying to get hold of him before the window shuts, swap deal involving Sterling going the other way. Would be a huge coup if City can upgrade to Sanchez, would be a title winning signing.

Seems like City are trying to get hold of him before the window shuts, swap deal involving Sterling going the other way. Would be a huge coup if City can upgrade to Sanchez, would be a title winning signing.

Yeah it would be a massive move for them. I've watched all City's games so far and Sterling really is the new Shaun Wright-Phillips, he's got absolutely zero end product despite his lucky goal. Sanchez isn't young anymore, but as a short term boost for their squad he'd be fantastic. Having De Bruyne, Sanchez, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus, Sané and Bernardo Silva in the same squad would be insane.

Yeah I dont think you could argue any other attack force in the Prem has more goal threat if they added him. Sanchez would bring a new level to their options on the wings and knows what Pep wants so would imagine it would work out pretty well for them. Sterling does suffer from headless chicken syndrome, but then he is English so hardly his fault, would fit in well with the likes of Welbeck and Theo Walcott in that regard, fellow sufferers of that plight.

Sanchez probably doesn't have many years left at the top but if he moved to a team where other players also play rather than just him then it could result in a title. Also if Sterling was offered the other way I think Arsenal might be ok with it.

Sanchez probably doesn't have many years left at the top but if he moved to a team where other players also play rather than just him then it could result in a title. Also if Sterling was offered the other way I think Arsenal might be ok with it.

Yeah, very similar to the Van Persie scenario, wants to try and leave England with at least one league title to his name rather than waste the last few years at his top level with Arsenal, he probably thinks City are the best option for this and its hard to disagree.

Arsenal seem to want Aguero rather than Sterling but that seems far fetched on their behalf. Aguero doesnt seem to walk into the City team like before these days but cant see them wanting to let him go just yet. Interesting 48 hours ahead in the transfer window for most clubs.

Yeah, very similar to the Van Perise scenario, wants to try and leave England with at least one league title to his name rather than waste the last few years at his top level with Arsenal, he probably thinks City are the best option for this and its hard to disagree.

Arsenal seem to want Aguero rather than Sterling but that seems far fetched on their behalf. Aguero doesnt seem to walk into the City team like before these days but cant see them wanting to let him go just yet. Interesting 48 hours ahead in the transfer window for most clubs.

Aguero and Sanchez are the same sort of level to me so I can't see that happening. Of course if they suggested that, Arsenal would be much more willing to sign. I think a young player with pace like Sterling will appeal to Wenger.

No me neither but I suppose if you dont ask you dont get, got to chance your arm and all that.

Sterling would fit into Wengers plan (assuming he has one!) and might work with feeding Lacazette (assuming Wenger doesnt drop him again??) and Welbeck but he is clearly a step down in terms of returns compared to Sanchez. Losing Sanchez and Ox pretty much gurantees Sterling a starting spot every week if he values that more than sitting on City's bench, if he wants to go to the WC he might see it as a step back worth taking.

No me neither but I suppose if you dont ask you dont get, got to chance your arm and all that.

Sterling would fit into Wengers plan (assuming he has one!) and might work with feeding Lacazette (assuming Wenger doesnt drop him again??) and Welbeck but he is clearly a step down in terms of returns compared to Sanchez. Losing Sanchez and Ox pretty much gurantees Sterling a starting spot every week if he values that more than sitting on City's bench, if he wants to go to the WC he might see it as a step back worth taking.

Could turn out to be a good move for him. Maybe he should have just taken everyone else's advice and stayed at Liverpool!

oops

21150128_10155707526416617_2998978475868150439_n.jpg

Somebody's in trouble....

Could turn out to be a good move for him. Maybe he should have just taken everyone else's advice and stayed at Liverpool!

Maybe although I wouldnt see him starting over Mane or Salah now so would be in the same position, lol.

Maybe although I wouldnt see him starting over Mane or Salah now so would be in the same position, lol.
Where can this kid get a game?! :woot:

In the mid tier teams where he belongs. He's an Everton player at best, all due respect to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"