The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I can not believe what I have seen there, VAR to the rescue and City's quadruple up in smoke. All correct calls mind. Crazy.

Well done to Spurs, almost forgot to say that in the excitement!!

Ajax look good but they have to fancy thier chances after that game, anythings possible.

Another awesome CL night. What a game between City and Spurs! Where’s @Lilbaz? This season in Europe is getting crazy.

Good thing we signed Ole instead of Poch...
I wish the best for Ole and I thought he was a wry good caretaker manager. You need to show more before you get a long term contract though as permanent manager carries very different pressures. An extension was deserved for another year sure.

Spurs v Ajax will be purest passing football, us v Barca ain't too bad either :-)

A top final awaits, whoever gets through.

Spurs v Ajax will be purest passing football, us v Barca ain't too bad either :-)

A top final awaits, whoever gets through.
Hopefully it’s Spurs Liverpool after you hand out a tonking to Barcelona! That semi has the strongest teams left. I doubt either Ajax or Spurs expected to be in the CL final this year.

Oh damn. He deserves to be in the final.

Only the first leg of the semi. He'll play in at least one game if he doesn't get injured.

We are a bit bare bones though and ajax have been fantastic.

Not sure who you consider the minnows? European cup semi is the furthest spurs have been while ajax have won it.

Only the first leg of the semi. He'll play in at least one game if he doesn't get injured.

We are a bit bare bones though and ajax have been fantastic.

Not sure who you consider the minnows? European cup semi is the furthest spurs have been while ajax have won it.
Yes, still a shame. I really miss Son anytime I watch Spurs and he’s not playing. Ajax have won it 4 times including 3 in a row but long past history doesn’t mean that much to modern day. Hope it’s another great night at your new stadium!

Any chance of Kane back or is his season done?

Shouldn't be. But he wants to play every minute he can.

Cl final is 3 weeks after the end of the pl last game, so if we can get that far i'd expect him wanting to be there.

Money spent since Pep Guardiola took charge of Man City:

Man City: £527m
Spurs: £180m

#UCL semi-finals since Pep Guardiola took charge of Man City:

Man City: 0
Spurs: 1

Last edited:
As a Manchester United fan, I couldn't have physically thought up a better way to see Manchester City eliminated. Also glad to see Tottenham actually win, because I actually don't hate them (yet :D) & to see them labelled as bottlers etc must be annoying so good to see them shove it down some throats occasionally.

Good thing we signed Ole instead of Poch...

giphy.gif

Being a Swansea fan, it was somewhat poetic to see City knocked out by VAR, seeing as they cheated us out of an FA cup semi final place by a dodgy handball and an offside goal, which VAR would have overturned, had it been in place. No sympathy for them.

Pep rallied for VAR after the disallowed Sane goal against us in the CL last year - well, be careful what you wish for Pep as it works both ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"