The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope we don't have a freefall collapse as we did last January.

In the summer....

1) Sell Mignolat to whoever will buy him, just get rid.

2) Buy a World Class replacement goal keeper.

3) Sell Moreno to whoever is daft enough to offer us any kind of money for him that they happen to mention.

4) Buy a guaranteed goal getter, an Aguero type who stops at nothing to score goals.

5) Another CB who is commanding and compliments Dick VD, to form a partnership with trust and understanding.

It needs to be implemented properly. Seems to work in rugby. Maybe the teams themselves should get 2 opportunities a match (and you only lose those 2 chances if you call for inaccurate reviews) and if they waste them then it's on them not the ref.

Yeah I agree - there should be an appeal system like in Tennis. I also think they should make it so the captain or manager can request a VAR decision if the ref leaves it.

It should encourage some honest communication between players where a captain might look at an Ashley Young/Fabregas/Firmino and ask “Did he really foul you or will a VAR decision get you booked?”. This patchy implementation thing is a nightmare.

I seem to echo the same feelings as both Iceman & DeadPresident, the VAR needs to be implemented properly & it also needs to not constantly interfere with the flow of the game.

I've no idea what way it worked tonight, was it at the referees own discretion as to when to use it & when not to? Or was it to be used when player(s) challenged his decision? Whatever way it was tonight, was a mess IMO.

Having it set up similar to the NFL's challenge rule in which the manager only has say 2 chances to make a challenge on a decision or non-decision that has been made. If he challenges & he was right, he doesn't get charged for using a challenge. It would need to be seriously adapted though for football. Having a VAR referee wouldn't hurt either, someone who is in charge of watching the replay off the field, making a decision & relaying it to the on the field referee. Get the referees mic'd up as well like the NFL & they can announce what's happened.

Also furthermore, if using VAR it needs to be used in every single game in that competition with no exceptions. You can't have 1 game with 2 teams potentially going out on dodgy decisions then have another in the same competition using VAR supposedly getting all the decisions correct. It's not an even playing field.

Sounds like we might be. Think it could be the end for lamela with inter milan being linked.

See what happens.

Two new wide options in would be interesting, do you think Pocherttino is maybe planning to switch up the system next season? Inter are cheapskates so I reckon you'd be selling Lamela at a loss if they are the buyer, but Levy is usually good at getting good value.

It was Olic. Their first. A little after 4:20. He just gets beat physically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vFA1v7vb0

I forgot how bad the red card was. ****. :argh:

What a horror show that was, from Carrick getting bullied by Olic to the spectre of LvG's mug coming onscreen directly after!

I've never liked Ribery since then! :cmad:

Michael Owen, and before that all the way back to Alan Shearer!

Damn! That must have been 13 years ago.

Yes, no one else in the PL comes close. :dry:

Yeah I agree - there should be an appeal system like in Tennis. I also think they should make it so the captain or manager can request a VAR decision if the ref leaves it.

It should encourage some honest communication between players where a captain might look at an Ashley Young/Fabregas/Firmino and ask “Did he really foul you or will a VAR decision get you booked?”. This patchy implementation thing is a nightmare.

I seem to echo the same feelings as both Iceman & DeadPresident, the VAR needs to be implemented properly & it also needs to not constantly interfere with the flow of the game.

I've no idea what way it worked tonight, was it at the referees own discretion as to when to use it & when not to? Or was it to be used when player(s) challenged his decision? Whatever way it was tonight, was a mess IMO.

Having it set up similar to the NFL's challenge rule in which the manager only has say 2 chances to make a challenge on a decision or non-decision that has been made. If he challenges & he was right, he doesn't get charged for using a challenge. It would need to be seriously adapted though for football. Having a VAR referee wouldn't hurt either, someone who is in charge of watching the replay off the field, making a decision & relaying it to the on the field referee. Get the referees mic'd up as well like the NFL & they can announce what's happened.

Also furthermore, if using VAR it needs to be used in every single game in that competition with no exceptions. You can't have 1 game with 2 teams potentially going out on dodgy decisions then have another in the same competition using VAR supposedly getting all the decisions correct. It's not an even playing field.
Agreed with all the above.

26993231_10156198885241617_4490820952594365681_n.jpg

Two new wide options in would be interesting, do you think Pocherttino is maybe planning to switch up the system next season? Inter are cheapskates so I reckon you'd be selling Lamela at a loss if they are the buyer, but Levy is usually good at getting good value.

Not sure even if lamela is off. We've been lacking quality attacking options off the bench this season and even been playing sissoko as an attacking midfielder some games. Some spurs fans are livid he even gets on the pitch.

We haven't signed anyone yet so it doesn't really matter.

Chelsea knock us out of the Cup while City march forward to the 5th round with another big rival out (Liverpool).

2.5 days (inc today) left of the window. Who (realistically) needs what?

2.5 days (inc today) left of the window. Who (realistically) needs what?

We need someone who can bang in goals! (probably not realistic) The rest of the team can work as long as we have someone who can finish. Just want us to get whatever is needed to keep Benitez happy. Gonna be awful for us if he leaves. I don't think he's going to settle for managing a club that doesn't at least have ambition to move forward.

Who have you guys got so far Ice? Did the Kenedy deal happen? When he moved to Chelsea I thought he had some impressive ability on the ball.

Who have you guys got so far Ice? Did the Kenedy deal happen? When he moved to Chelsea I thought he had some impressive ability on the ball.
Just Kenedy so far as I know.

We're still going for Nicolai Jorgensen and I also heard something about a loan offer for Daniel Sturridge. I think we need one of those 2 to keep Rafa happy for now.

We're still going for Nicolai Jorgensen and I also heard something about a loan offer for Daniel Sturridge. I think we need one of those 2 to keep Rafa happy for now.

Sturridge has gone to WBA for a medical today. Was due to go to Newcastle, but changed his mind. Club were expecting him, too.

Giroud is clearly going to be the fall guy of the whole Sanchez-Aubamyang deal, I can't understand why more clubs haven't gone in for him.
He's a goal getter, proven in PL & needs games before the World Cup.

Sturridge has gone to WBA for a medical today. Was due to go to Newcastle, but changed his mind. Club were expecting him, too.

Oh :dry:

Thanks for the info.

Giroud is clearly going to be the fall guy of the whole Sanchez-Aubamyang deal, I can't understand why more clubs haven't gone in for him.
He's a goal getter, proven in PL & needs games before the World Cup.

I'd have taken him or Sturridge for sure.

Actually like giroud. He'll do a job.

Yeah.

You seen your next 3 league fixtures?! Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal with Juve in the CL and having to drag yourself out for an unnecessary FA Cup replay. Gonna be a make or break couple of weeks!

Someone that can put away goals does seem like the primary objective for you guys, yeah, hopefully one of them comes through quickly.

In other news transfer news though, Lucas Moura will move to Spurs, Aubameyang is apparently going to end up going to Arsenal for around £60m, Aymeric Laporte will move to City also for around £60m and Chelsea will sign a guy from Roma named Palmieri.

A lot of clubs making some serious moves for the January window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"