The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank **** for that late goal. No way that game should have been at 2-2 so late on. Liverpool need to work on their killer instinct and discipline as this happened in that CL tie last year where they were all over the other team. This should have been a comprehensive victory today. If they can sort out those issues Liverpool will be able to beat anyone at home.

Thank **** for that late goal. No way that game should have been at 2-2 so late on. Liverpool need to work on their killer instinct and discipline as this happened in that CL tie last year where they were all over the other team. This should have been a comprehensive victory today. If they can sort out those issues Liverpool will be able to beat anyone at home.

Its part of what comes with being a Reds fan, never mind who the manager is, it has, in the last 20-30 years (post, our last title actually) a part of the fabric sadly, we either start well and fade or start badly and come back, never a mix of the two or an ability to work a balance, combine this with the capacity to play the level of the opposition, if we are playing world beaters, we'll play like world beaters, then fade against Yeovil on a Sunday FA Cup tie.

However, slowly and for the first time in decades we have a manager who understands why this happens and knows how to solve it, how to build strength & confidence,. cut out the mistakes and reassure how to create that 'killer' bite, we are getting it, just not quick enough.

Others in the game and those around it, will bring the fact that Klopp seems not to be able to win a final, 1 win from 7 finals or winnable competitions and we have lost 3 finals so far with him as manager, I would say simply, he got us to finals we'd not been anywhere near for years prior to his managerial lead. We'll do this, this year it may be a League Cup, but we'll win a trophy this year and build from there. He is the closest thing we've had since Shankly too Shankly and in time, he and his team will get it, PL title n'all.

Yeah this Liverpool team is looking better than the Benitez team and still has a lot more potential. Wonder what Klopp can do in another couple of seasons with more reinforcement and all the current players fully bedded into the fabric of the club. Once you cut out that tendency to let teams back in when you are dominating you will be challenging for CL titles as well as PL titles.

Certain people in the media/socal media are being a bit mischievous on that ^^^^, obviously with the intent of either upsetting the apple cart when we are on a brilliant run or just making a story out of nothing - they are showing the clip of him throwing the bottle but not mere seconds before that were he threw his hands up in celebration of the goal. In context he clearly threw the bottle down [after celebrating the goal] in relief that his mistake for their 2nd goal had been hadn't cost the team.

Others in the game and those around it, will bring the fact that Klopp seems not to be able to win a final, 1 win from 7 finals or winnable competitions and we have lost 3 finals so far with him as manager, I would say simply, he got us to finals we'd not been anywhere near for years prior to his managerial lead.

Yeah, I've read similar criticism but I've noticed that an awful lot of those saying it seem to support clubs who would've have a clue about what a final even is.

Certain people in the media/socal media are being a bit mischievous on that ^^^^, obviously with the intent of either upsetting the apple cart when we are on a brilliant run or just making a story out of nothing - they are showing the clip of him throwing the bottle but not mere seconds before that were he threw his hands up in celebration of the goal. In context he clearly threw the bottle down [after celebrating the goal] in relief that his mistake for their 2nd goal had been hadn't cost the team.
Oh right, good to know. It's impressive that you played with so many good attacks even with Salah off his best and Firmino not starting. Great to have Sturridge in reserve. I'd totally forgotten he even existed. :funny:

City v Lyon, Real v Roma, and Valencia v Juventus should all be decent matches this evening.

A lot of competitive looking games ahead, especially in the group with Barcelona, Spurr, and Inter.

Oh right, good to know. It's impressive that you played with so many good attacks even with Salah off his best and Firmino not starting. Great to have Sturridge in reserve. I'd totally forgotten he even existed. :funny:

Agree on Sturridge but now I'd like to see Shaqiri start a game sometime. I love that little crazy ****er!

Agree on Sturridge but now I'd like to see Shaqiri start a game sometime. I love that little crazy ****er!
I was discussing with my mate just now who is a Liverpool supporter and we reckon you need to bring on that annoying bag of energy to harass the opposition from fresh late in the game so you don't fade/lose intensity quite as much.

Some CL games tonight:

Man City vs Lyon
Young Boys vs Man Utd
Real Madrid vs Roma
Valencia vs Juventus

I was discussing with my mate just now who is a Liverpool supporter and we reckon you need to bring on that annoying bag of energy to harass the opposition from fresh late in the game so you don't fade/lose intensity quite as much.

Certainly a valid viewpoint - I just want to see him playing with certain players at some point, as opposed to replacing them.

United with the most attacking line up in a long time.

De Gea, Dalot, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, Matic, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Martial.

The CL ball is so ugly this season. Looks unfinished.

Lyon get the first goal against City. 1-0. Mistake from Fabian Delph.

Certainly a valid viewpoint - I just want to see him playing with certain players at some point, as opposed to replacing them.
Ah, you would have him as a starter? Who would be your ideal midfield 3?

Ronaldo sent off!

Pogba scores for Man Utd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"